Sign in to follow this  
zippyo

Aliens - dropship

there is only one thing I can say about this one ^_^

Go baby go.. I am so disapointed that there aren't many unrealistic addons out there, why confine ourselfs.. OFP is so free and open that is one of the best things about it.

between hoverboards, jump ships and maybe even the offchance of a mech/AC coming out ^_^ I think unrealistic is fun.

any sort of release date on that monster smile.gif cos i love AvP

anyone thought ov makin a predator model??? go invisible and has a kick ass sholder cannon biggrin.gif

I am starting to work on M557 APC ARMOURED PERSONAL CARRIER. In another words: the alien APC  wink.gif  Here are some pix for those who don't know wut I am talking about:

a2_61.jpg

Help would be greatly apreciated.

Awwww man, this stuff looks so cool.... people have been talking about and attempting to do the dropship and APC for ages.....

Now where are the marines?? biggrin.gif

well the dropship should keep me busy for a little while longer plus I ain't into fiddlin' with characters and their animations so dunno about the marines but this ship is shippin' soon and we'll see where Frugo_PL gets with the APC....(hmmm that looks much easier to make) Also got two cropdusters on the way see the ADDONS forum for some screenshots....so patience fellows....

zip

I must admit that the APC is far easier than the dropship... Well, for me it is harder because I do not have any *.paa© pics of it, so I have to do it in "by the eye" style... I will relese the APC pretty soon, don't expect months of waiting.

woooooo i hope that green splodge isn't going to be the texture.

thats better no more green splodge biggrin.gif

I put her ingame to start tuning although I still got lots to do.

man it feels weird standing by it (HUGE)

Dropship02.jpg

Dropship03.jpg

Dropship07.jpg

Wow that looks awesome!! Are you going to do USCM next?

BTW, isnt it funny how in many sci-fi movies, soldiers are always marines, even though there is no water around? Marines are supposed to be a water based battalion (hence, MARINEs, marine coming from marina), not an urban fighting force!

I think we should bundle our work (apc, dropship, M41) and release it as USCM-Mod!

Er,... who wants to make the soldiers? And who wants to build missions? I'll provide one mission with a story around a stolen sniper rifle prototype...

Anybody up for a little modelling? to speed it up a little maybe someone can start on the interior LODS?

lemme know

zip

the dropship will have to be able to hover which means it is in a chopper class (no gear stuff confused.gif )

zip

I have only one problem with this model!

The problem is, it has a two person walk-in cockpit, carries an APC which is longer than a Tank Chassis and as wide.

This model should be a lot bigger than it is. I'd suggest you get ALIENS out on video/dvd and check the ALIEN web sites to get your scale right.

By the way the pilot sits to the right rear of the cockpit and the co-pilot walks down the left to his/her seat.

I'll see if I can get the measurments for you along with some photo's.

DragoFire

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Payload Bay is 9.5m Deep x 4.5m Wide x 2.4m High with a 3.92m wide drop-down ramp. Perfect size for a single M577 APC with turret in the stowed position. <span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Craft: UD-4L "Cheyenne" Dropship

Type: Troop and Tactical Transport

Length: 25.18 m

Crew: 1, gunners: 1

Crew Skill: Varies

Cargo Capacity: 16 metric tons<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zippyo @ Oct. 27 2002,23:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the dropship will have to be able to hover which means it is in a chopper class (no gear stuff confused.gif )

zip<span id='postcolor'>

Define landing gear animations (animate LandContact-lod?). We'll see how we can activate them...