Sign in to follow this  
fristet

[HELP] Dialog Blur Texture

Dear Community members.

I want to know we could make a blur effect or texture on Dialog

also how can i do for this?

Pretty sure you cant create a blur texture as this would be more of a post-process effect

If you want to blur the screen you can create one of these effects using ppEffectCreate. One good example of where this effect is used is the BIS_fnc_halo function.

There are two options to accomplish what you want:

• Blur the screen then use the createDialog command to create you interface (do this if this it is not a custom interface)
  • Create the interface, use the 'onLoad' UI Event handler to then execute a script which loads the interface content and blurs the screen (for custom screens only)
    • You can also then use the 'onUnload' event to clear the blur when the interface is closed.

Hope this helps,

Bull

afaik there is no such thing as a blur texture. this is more of a thing a shader would do, which is kind of what the ppeffects are, just full screen. arma doesn't really have such a complex implementation though where you could only blur a certain area of the screen. they have some parameters that allow to only blur the edges and have a circle shaped area in the middle be not blurry. that is what certain scopes use very sparingly.

but yea. i'm just adding to what bull_a posted which is a great starting point for you.