Nice! I've been trying to find a nice heavily forested map with a lot of dense foliage for a while now, really looking forward to this.

• Like 1

I personally don't mind the current Rustic Village Look. It's cool to have corners of the map where I can use WW2 mods. In any modern scenario, these kinds of villages are going to be flattened by arty if they become invested by some concentration of armor/infantry anyway, so you won't spend too much time clearing them thinking "this rubble is composed of the wrong building materials for this period in Benzopila", I feel.

• Like 6

Looks like a good terrain for World War 2, can't wait.

• Like 1

Excellent work, really like the amount of detail you put in it.

UPDATE. My computer is slowly devolving into a potato. I can't afford an upgrade just yet as I'm about to move to London. I will be taking a Hard Drive with me in hopes of getting a new setup shortly and then continuing the project. Thanks for all the support up until now. 

• Like 13

So sadly for now my Map is on hold. This is due to having moved countries for a year and not being able to afford to bring my PC or Upgrade. Instead I'm now focusing on content creation which is something I am able to do on a Macbook. My projects will resume May 2018. For now here is a Ukrainian residential substation. Ready for texturing.

yNaxStm.png

1twqOTy.png

• Like 10

Thats good news I suppose. The more new structures, the better. Maybe you'll even be able to cut out the IFA3 dependency, though CUP isn't going anywhere. Good work, appreciate the update

• Like 2

Hey if there's anything I can do to help, just shoot me a message, I'll be more than happy to help.

So I'm halfway through my gap year based in London but getting around Europe frequently. It's proving a good experience to gain reference material and photos. I'm hard at learning modelling/texturing right now and will post more updates as I progress with my new assets. This project is not dead and I'm eager to return to work with renewed enthusiasm in June. Happy New Year.             

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

So I continue to struggle through the curves of learning with Maya. This is the beginning of my modular apartment model. I hope to make it into several parts that could be built together in order to not have one massive model. I'll be able to choose for each instance; number of enterable floors, window frames/doors or none ect.  Taking the Meta out of clearing each block. 

KqeTbV4.png

Here are the plans I'm working to. I dug for hours on the net to find these ones:

JcKcvCB.png

s300z2k.png

58eY8VN.png

0Qmbso6.png

• Like 13

Moving to another crucial asset is my Russian/Ukrainian Pipe Kit I've started. The infamous yellow and rusty pipes that litter the Ukrainian suburbs. Early days yet. Still need to model the supports and valves.

Classic yellow painted pipes.

s9KXv74.jpg

The rusty unloved pipes.

5svVYdB.jpg 

References from Donetsk

TcWYKZb.jpg EvQxFkB.jpg 

• Like 15

Good to see you still work on this Terrain!

Good luck with your work!

The wip pictures looking good!

• Like 1

Pleased to see you're still working on this. Looks fantastic!

I'm back, finally. Bit of a change of plans but still going.

ep59nOi.jpg

• Like 8

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by "bit of change of plans"?

2 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by "bit of change of plans"?

New location. Downsized the map. Same theme but less expanses of forest and more town. More info to come. 

• Like 7