CTRG_Mod.png

Greetings all, and a very Happy New Year!

To kickstart 2017, I hope to soon release something that has been in the pipeline for some time; a CTRG Modification for Arma 3. The content includes several (dazzle pattern) re-textures of existing content, a couple of original models, new music, and a fully localized showcase scenario, featuring professional voice actors. Feel free to share your feedback, ideas, and requests; I'm always keen to hear from you. If you're looking for similar material, I highly recommend Flax_'s CTRG Faction Expansion, Ceolnariazz's Stealth Uniforms, and KDK11's CTRG Vehicles and Aircraft pack; all are very impressive and go to great lengths to augment this exciting faction.  

Overview_ca_03.png

• Like 21

Concerning tasks to be completed before release, it's very nearly there. A video titlecard needs to be re-made (which involves exporting the existing 'Two Hours Later' titlecard from the East Wind campaign as a series of PNG files, then editing out the text in each of the three-hundred frames and overlaying it with a showcase image in After Effects, with appropriate interlacing and glitching), plus, I'll need to wait until the texture file for the Stealth Helmet is publicly released, before I can include a re-textured version in the mod. Other than that, everything is good to go and I hope to publish this enterprise at some point in January - so, watch this space.

Massive thanks to everyone in the community (and outside of it) who has contributed - as well as to the wonderful devs at Bohemia Interactive!

• Like 5

One of the minor additions in this mod is the Sabre IPX58 tactical headset - it occupies the glasses slot and can be worn alongside standard headgear:

Sabre_Promotion_02_Small.jpg

• Like 8

Will this be a complete overhaul of the CTRG faction ? Would love to see different units/groups for different regions ( arid, desert, jungle, navy, urban etc etc) including proper vests and weapons. Beside this I do not think that we need heavy gear like tanks or jets, but a lot of stealth and high tech stuff and mainly light land, air and sea vehicles for quick insertions. A dream would be a submarine (static) including some interiors as a base of operation.

really happy to see this since BI missed to make CTRG a real complete faction :)

• Like 1

Will this be a complete overhaul of the CTRG faction ?

Hi there, matey!

Sadly, it will not - the scope is very small. Essentially, it aims to provide high-quality arid dazzle patterns for the Apex equipment, alongside some older accoutrement. On the other hand, though the focus is limited, everything in the mod is correctly configured, translated, and has the corresponding icons in the inventory menu. I like to think of it as a little addition, with an SP showcase at its heart. There are also a few new ambient objects and the head bandage, depicted below. I love the idea of the submarine interior; if I had the time, I would definitely attempt to do it! Unfortunately, there is no viable way to occlude daylight in building / vehicle interiors, which is a shame - but I suppose it could would work well in SP scenarios, where the creator could flick to a night cycle for the cutscene :icon_biggrin: 

Bandage_Render.png

• Like 5

Everything that adds to this faction is more than welcome :) As I said BI created a very cool faction but then did not finish the job properly. However with all your goodies it should be possible to create some cool units and groups later on ...using your stuff as a requirement. Can't wait for the SP mission !

cheers :)

• Like 2

Having only re-textured the EMR for the mod, I thought I really ought to provide another weapon with dazzle camo (below). I'd like to do the entire MX family - but joining the UV seams with the triangular patterns is incredibly difficult without access to the original model :icon_biggrin:

gear_SMG_ctrg_01_X_CA.png

• Like 7

Awesome work so far, and I can't wait to play around with this when it releases! I love your work, and after playing Resist I only have high expectations so don't disappoint me 'kay buddy? :)))))) (jk :P)

Just an idea: dazzle camouflaged CH-67 Huron and AH-99 Blackfoot, like the Ghost Hawks. :)

• Like 2

Awesome work so far, and I can't wait to play around with this when it releases! I love your work, and after playing Resist I only have high expectations so don't disappoint me 'kay buddy? :)))))) (jk :P)

Ha ha - it shall be so! :rthumb:

Just an idea: dazzle camouflaged CH-67 Huron and AH-99 Blackfoot, like the Ghost Hawks. :)

Certainly would be awesome to get these in there! Maybe with an update - the Pawnee would be a nice addition too!

• Like 2

How did you get that Vector? I thought it wasn't possible to retex the vanilla tan one?

Very cool, it's nice to see faction improvement mods turning up- I might have to do one for Syndikate or something at some point :)

• Like 1

How did you get that Vector?

Hi mate - the vector is a retexture of the UI image - retextured weapons will have the corresponding UI! :thumb_down:

And a Syndikat mod would be really awesome!

• Like 5

Yeah, only I finish my current SFF factions I could go and beef up the Syndicate to be on-par with them.

Up to you if you want pure vanilla gear, just expanding the unit roster to what it should have been on release, or adding some mods for extra kit. 

This is really great! Been waiting for a full CTRG modification for a long time and the fact this adds weapon is even more marvelous!

since you seemingly are Retexturing assets with the CTRG camouflage pattern could you possibly put the camouflage pattern for everyone to use in this thread? :) I remember you sent me a great CTRG pattern which I managed to patch together with the help of the template but still it doesn't match the uniform. Pretty off topic I guess but it would be a huge help if the CTRG pattern is posted here! :D

wish you the best with this mod and il follow it extremely closely!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kydoimos said:

Gentlemen, it's released :icon_biggrin: I hope you enjoy it! Armaholic and MODDB links to follow.

Moving to the released section of the forums :drinking2:

• Like 3

Awesome...

Spoiler

played it twice since I wasted most of my mines securing the Hotel before getting the intel. Well made showcase that comes with some very nice CTRG bonus gear and weapons.

Voice acting is amazing...

now waiting for the full campaign xD

cheers

...a CTRG Shemaq would be a nice addition...

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 1

@Private Evans, someone who has been around the forum since 2013 and has made over 200 posts should know where the spoiler tags are.....:evil:

• Like 2

Glad you're enjoying the showcase, guys - please let me know if you run into any unexpected issues;

at present, I've had a few subscribers mention that the final objective is failing, even though the objectives are being met.

Probably a trigger failing or something similar, as it's proving difficult to replicate the problem my end. I'll implement a failsafe as soon as I can source some more intel :fones:

• Like 1

Moving to the released section of the forums :drinking2:

Thank you, kindly, R0adki11! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

@Private Evans, someone who has been around the forum since 2013 and has made over 200 posts should know where the spoiler tags are.....:evil:

Honestly I don't have a clue what happened here...I wrote a topic reply as usual :dontgetit: 

20 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

Honestly I don't have a clue what happened here...I wrote a topic reply as usual :dontgetit: 

You posted about showcase/mission included. Other forum members who haven't yet played the mission wouldn't want to know how it ends. Hence make sure you use the spoiler tags!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

You posted about showcase/mission included. Other forum members who haven't yet played the mission wouldn't want to know how it ends. Hence make sure you use the spoiler tags!

oops sorry.. edited now properly..thought that I did but closed topic after writing without checking it :down:

• Like 3

Great Showcase, usual excellent quality!

Stumbled into the aforementioned bug on first play-through and mission didn't end.

Will have another go with the fix.

I often take a while to play a mission and find that the music cuts out upon reaching the end of the track.

Thus, there ends up being a lot of noticeable silence even when there are still enemies about and/or the objective has not yet been met.

Until the next music cue is triggered, would there be any way to have the tension music continue (loop) somewhat like a 'bed' in radio terms?

Edited by Electricleash
Grammar...
  • Like 2