ckcdillpickle

FPS Capped at 30

Hello. My FPS is capped at 30. I just bought the game. V-sync is off and I run every other game at 60. I have the GPU and CPU power to run Arma at 60FPS.

I've tried all the dandy. Alt+Tab tricks none of them work. Any Idea?

I used a launch code and increased my FPS to 33. Still capped... I get about 60-121FPS in the main screen

Launch Parameters. Tried all the codes.

I went to the Advanced launch parameters checked a few boxes. all good now. I get 60FPS in Exile

OK now we understand you better.

Care to share which parameters worked best for you?

Disable your xbox app. Sometime ago I and many others had an issue where a windows update caused it to run the xbox app in the background and it would cap in game fps to 30fps. Who knows what they were thinking.

22 hours ago, domokun said:

OK now we understand you better.

Care to share which parameters worked best for you?

I went to All Parameters

I change the Cpu count to my desired amount

Checked Extra threads and then checked File operations,Texture Loading,Geometry Loading.

Memory allocator to max

System Memory limit to max and Video limit to 1GB under my max

On 12/31/2016 at 9:29 AM, ckcdillpickle said:

I went to All Parameters

I change the Cpu count to my desired amount

Checked Extra threads and then checked File operations,Texture Loading,Geometry Loading.

Memory allocator to max

System Memory limit to max and Video limit to 1GB under my max

Please be aware that not all the Parameters work well together. If it for example not recommended that you run -cpuCount and -exThreads together with -enableHT.

Anyways to get back to your problem, could you provide a little bit more detail? Is you game running at 30 FPS locked, dose it sometimes go lower than 30 or higher? (Perhaps even just a little) Is this problem in Singleplayer or in Multiplayer?

While you are at it, take a look here: %userprofile%\Documents\Arma 3\Arma3.cfg

Check out the value called "refresh=". Do make a copy of the cfg file first so you don't mess anything up.

There is also a way to do this in-game if i remember correctly. While in game you can press "Shift" + "Minus" (on your numpad) and then type "fps". This will result in a quick onscreen message that shows you what your FPS cap is changed to. I don't remember the different levels exactly i think it is something like 60,30,20,10,0 where 0 is unlimited i think.

Also your Graphics card software might have an option to limit FPS to certain games, that could also be something.

For the sake of testing this, i would recommend you to run the game with no parameters.

I hope this helps, if not let me know!