xBloodshed

Arma crashes every time with UNABLE_INIT_DXGI

My arma crashes everyday with the UNABLE_TO_INIT_DXGI error. This happens, on average, 40 mins of gameplay. I have disabled all overlays (steam, nvidia) but this still happens a lot.

Arma force closes, ie i am shown the desktop. Yet on task manager, arma3.exe is still running. When I click end process, I am getting that error message with the error logs.

My system specs is gtx960, i7@3.2Ghz, 16GB ram. Error report http://jmp.sh/v/xWu9VsfpG54DelstqWHr

@xBloodshed, try restarting your computer and then use Steam to verify the integrity of the game cache for Arma 3

1. Restart your computer and launch Steam

2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.

3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.

4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

If that does not help then try the possible solutions listed on Arma 3 Unusual process exit

If those possible solutions do not help then try resetting the launch parameters to their default state. If correctly done then the top of the arma3.rpt will look like: 

== "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -mod=

If you are still experiencing the error after trying all of the above then my last suggestion would be for you to switch to the profiling branch. See also Arma 3 STABLE server 1.66 "performance binary" feedback - page 74. Be sure to verify integrity of game cache after downloading the new data. 

profiling branch (special performance + profiling build - requires access code: CautionSpecialProfilingAndTestingBranchArma3), alternative download of needed binary possible from Dwarden's dropbox

If none of this helps then prepare and attach a new troubleshooting report. 

22 hours ago, Jawshy said:

try restarting your computer and then use Steam to verify the integrity of the game cache for Arma 3

Tried restarting and verifying integrity since 2-3 weeks. Didn't resolve issue.

22 hours ago, Jawshy said:

If that does not help then try the possible solutions listed on Arma 3 Unusual process exit

Tried the solutions. Since I even reinstalled windows, have tried with both old nvidia drivers and the latest one. Also disabled steamui and nvidia ui.

Problem still persists. I could play 3 games of KOTH without any issue. On the 5th game, it froze with the same issue.

Only thing left to do is try out the performance build but am not too optimistic about that.

try reverting back to an older video driver. I've had this issue with NVIDA cards and it was a driver issue.

Also disable every single addon and go through them one at a time as well.