T. Miller

Headless Client help required!

Hi there,

I'm trying to get a Headless Client (HC) to work on our server (dedicated, we pay for a host).

The mission is setup to use HC's and all the scenario fluff is setup.

The problem is that every time I turn the HC on to connect to the server, it auto-disconnects because of - what looks like - mod problems.

So it does connect to the server, it just automatically gets kicked.

Does anybody have any idea what a solution could be?

startHC.bat:

cd /D "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3"
"D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3server.exe" -client -connect=185.16.85.44 -port=2302
-mod=@ace;@CBA_A3;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF;@task_force_radio;@ZEUSOPS;

The error:

15:47:20 Client connected: 185.16.85.44:2302
15:47:22  > Player headlessclient connecting
15:47:26  > You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.ace_advanced_fatigue, ace_hearing, ace_map, ace_nametags, ace_finger, ace_zeus, ace_viewdistance, ace_medical, task_force_radio_items

Here you can see that the mods are in the correct directory

Also: I checked, the mods are directly copied from the workshop files (a.k.a. from the '!Workshop' folder) to try and solve the problem. This goes for both the server, the HC, and my own client.

NOTE: The server commandline contains more mods than just these, but that shouldn't matter, since the errors come from mods that ARE launched, including the dependancies.

Tried solutions:

- I tried putting all the keys in the 'keys' folder in the A3 directory.

- I tried (though under slightly different circumstances) to move the 'userconfig' folder from ace to the A3 directory.

- I tried putting '@CBA_A3' before '@ace' to make sure it is not a dependency problem.

1 hour ago, T. Miller said:

Hi there,

I'm trying to get a Headless Client (HC) to work on our server (dedicated, we pay for a host).

The mission is setup to use HC's and all the scenario fluff is setup.

The problem is that every time I turn the HC on to connect to the server, it auto-disconnects because of - what looks like - mod problems.

So it does connect to the server, it just automatically gets kicked.

Does anybody have any idea what a solution could be?

startHC.bat:

"D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3server.exe" -client -connect=185.16.85.44 -port=2302

The error:

15:47:20 Client connected: 185.16.85.44:2302
15:47:22  > Player headlessclient connecting
15:47:26  > You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.ace_advanced_fatigue, ace_hearing, ace_map, ace_nametags, ace_finger, ace_zeus, ace_viewdistance, ace_medical, task_force_radio_items

Here you can see that the mods are in the correct directory

Also: I checked, the mods are directly copied from the workshop files (a.k.a. from the '!Workshop' folder) to try and solve the problem. This goes for both the server, the HC, and my own client.

NOTE: The server commandline contains more mods than just these, but that shouldn't matter, since the errors come from mods that ARE launched, including the dependancies.

Tried solutions:

- I tried putting all the keys in the 'keys' folder in the A3 directory.

- I tried (though under slightly different circumstances) to move the 'userconfig' folder from ace to the A3 directory.

Nice work pulling the error log. The only thing I can think of with the following errors is that the HC is not pulling the mods from the correct folder. I feel silly asking this...but are the @ace and @task_force_radio mods in the root folder of "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\"?  And are they unzipped and installed correctly? You seem to have everything setup correctly. I have not used a .bat file to launch a server (I do the bad way of just using a shortcut to the .exe) and our settings are almost identical for the HC.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ArmA 3 Server\arma3server.exe" -profiles=newprofile -mod=@RHS;@EM -filepatching -localhost=127.0.0.1 -client -connect=localhost -port=2305 -nosound

I would recommend loading CBA before ACE and all of that other stuff, since CBA is a dependency for ACE and ACE cannot properly initialize without CBA initializing first.  Not sure if load order is still a thing, but in most games it is and can solve problems.  Worth a try.

Example server mod init:

-mod=@CBA_A3;@ace;@task_force_radio;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF@ZEUSOPS;

34 minutes ago, phronk said:

I would recommend loading CBA before ACE and all of that other stuff, since CBA is a dependency for ACE and ACE cannot properly initialize without CBA initializing first.  Not sure if load order is still a thing, but in most games it is and can solve problems.  Worth a try.

Example server mod init:

-mod=@CBA_A3;@ace;@task_force_radio;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF@ZEUSOPS;

I actually already tried this, but for safety I tried it again. Didn't solve the problem..

3 hours ago, T. Miller said:

startHC.bat:

I don't think the mods are being loaded properly. Try removing the newline between mod and your executable like so:

startHC.bat:

"D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3server.exe" -client -connect=185.16.85.44 -port=2302 -mod=@ace;@CBA_A3;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF;@task_force_radio;@ZEUSOPS;

1 hour ago, genesis92x said:

Nice work pulling the error log. The only thing I can think of with the following errors is that the HC is not pulling the mods from the correct folder. I feel silly asking this...but are the @ace and @task_force_radio mods in the root folder of "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\"?  And are they unzipped and installed correctly? You seem to have everything setup correctly. I have not used a .bat file to launch a server (I do the bad way of just using a shortcut to the .exe) and our settings are almost identical for the HC.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ArmA 3 Server\arma3server.exe" -profiles=newprofile -mod=@RHS;@EM -filepatching -localhost=127.0.0.1 -client -connect=localhost -port=2305 -nosound

As posted in the main post, the files are in the correct folder. I pulled them straight from the '!Workshop' folder, so they are a direct copy. Pretty sure they are the correct mods, since I use the same mods to connect to the server myself.

wzmlZam.png

13 minutes ago, dchan200 said:

I don't think the mods are being loaded properly. Try removing the newline between mod and your executable like so:

startHC.bat:

"D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3server.exe" -client -connect=185.16.85.44 -port=2302 -mod=@ace;@CBA_A3;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF;@task_force_radio;@ZEUSOPS;

This worked. Thank you. The problem indeed was that the '-mod=' part had to be on the same line as the arma3server.

Hi, its my first time talking on the forums, so if I do something wrong, pardon me.
I have the same problem from T.Miller, but i think my problem i'snt about to the line, maybe the space have with the mods:

This is my bat:

start /min "" "E:\Arquivos de Programa\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\arma3server_x64.exe" -client -connect=127.0.0.1 -port=2302 -password=1214 -profiles= "E:\Arquivos de Programa\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\Profiles" -mod=@CBA_A3;@ace;@ACE Compat - RHS Armed Forces of the Russian Federation;@ACE Compat - RHS United States Armed Forces;@ACEX;@JSRS SOUNDMOD - Reloading Sounds;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF;@Splendid Smoke;@task_force_radio;@VCOM AI Driving;@ACE 3 Extension (Animations and Actions);@ACE Compat - RHS- GREF;@Blastcore Edited (standalone version);@Enhanced Movement;@JSRS SOUNDMOD;@JSRS SOUNDMOD - RHS  AFRF Mod Pack Sound Support;@JSRS SOUNDMOD - RHS USAF Mod Pack Sound Support;@JSRS SOUNDMOD - RHS GREF SAF Mod Pack Sound Support;@RHSGREF;@RHSSAF;@Vcom AI V3.0

I use TADST for dedicadet server to HC joined

Hi, its my first time talking on the forums, so if I do something wrong, pardon me.

I have the same problem from T.Miller, but i think my problem i'snt about to the line, maybe the space have with the mods:

This is my bat:

start /min "" "E:\Arquivos de Programa\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\arma3server_x64.exe" -client -connect=127.0.0.1 -port=2302 -password=1214 -profiles= "E:\Arquivos de Programa\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\Profiles" -mod=@CBA_A3;@ace;@ACE Compat - RHS Armed Forces of the Russian Federation;@ACE Compat - RHS United States Armed Forces;@ACEX;@JSRS SOUNDMOD - Reloading Sounds;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF;@Splendid Smoke;@task_force_radio;@VCOM AI Driving;@ACE 3 Extension (Animations and Actions);@ACE Compat - RHS- GREF;@Blastcore Edited (standalone version);@Enhanced Movement;@JSRS SOUNDMOD;@JSRS SOUNDMOD - RHS  AFRF Mod Pack Sound Support;@JSRS SOUNDMOD - RHS USAF Mod Pack Sound Support;@JSRS SOUNDMOD - RHS GREF SAF Mod Pack Sound Support;@RHSGREF;@RHSSAF;@Vcom AI V3.0

I use TADST for dedicadet server, and i don't know was is the problem with the mod

10 hours ago, herospartan22 said:

maybe the space have with the mods

If you already know what the problem is.. Why don't you try to fix it? Rename the modfolders to remove the spaces or put quotes around your parameter like you already did with your -profiles parameter.

Like so -mod="@mod1;@mod2;@mod3"

8 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

If you already know what the problem is.. Why don't you try to fix it? Rename the modfolders to remove the spaces or put quotes around your parameter like you already did with your -profiles parameter.

Like so -mod="@mod1;@mod2;@mod3"

I already have put the mod without the space, but did'nt work as well. As know i have see, you need to put exactly the name of the mod addons to the bat

http://prntscr.com/kihgme

I really don't know what i'm doing wrong

Edit:. Sorry for the english, my is not so good

Edited by herospartan22
To say more what i haven't say

Read again what I wrote.

I wrote rename the modfolders. Of course the folder names have to match. I never said they didn't.
Also why are you just ignoring the other fix I gave you??
If you just ignore help you are given why are you even seeking help then?

I haven't ignore you, cause i didn't understand yet what you say to rename the modfolders. 

Bat mod:

-mod=@CBA_A3;@ace;@ACE Compat - RHS Armed Forces of the Russian Federation;@ACE Compat - RHS United States Armed Forces

this is not correct? I don't know if correct or not

PS:. I'm not joking

5 minutes ago, herospartan22 said:

I haven't ignore you, cause i didn't understand yet what you say to rename the modfolders. 

Bat mod:

-mod=@CBA_A3;@ace;@ACE Compat - RHS Armed Forces of the Russian Federation;@ACE Compat - RHS United States Armed Forces

this is not correct? I don't know if correct or not

PS:. I'm not joking

24 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

Rename the modfolders to remove the spaces

Now tell me. Are there spaces inside

5 minutes ago, herospartan22 said:

@ACE Compat - RHS Armed Forces of the Russian Federation;@ACE Compat - RHS United States Armed Forces

?
How about you just try out changing some things and fixing it by yourself rather than letting me chew everything through for you.

I gave you two solutions. If the first one is too hard for you and you don't know what a space is or how to remove it. How about you try the second solution then?

Also your first post violated the forum rules. I just wanted to get this over with quickly. I'm out now. I told you what you need to do. Have fun.

Look, im sorry if I was not clear about the doubt. Before that, i have put without with space, like:

@ACE_Compat_-_RHS_Armed_Forces_of_the_Russian_Federation;@ACE_Compat_-_RHS_United_States_Armed_Forces

And i don't know if im doing wrong or correct

And im sorry again bother you and make things difficult about for my english

Rename the folders to something shorter, like @ACERUS;@ACEUSAF;

And if you are using Linux server or client, everything is case-sensitive meaning 'ACE' is not the same as 'ace'

• Like 1

On 14.8.2018 at 3:25 PM, herospartan22 said:

Look, im sorry if I was not clear about the doubt. Before that, i have put without with space, like:

@ACE_Compat_-_RHS_Armed_Forces_of_the_Russian_Federation;@ACE_Compat_-_RHS_United_States_Armed_Forces

The folder names have to match the files you have on disk. You can't just replace space by _ in one place and not the other.

Also didn't I say that already?

On 14.8.2018 at 3:01 PM, Dedmen said:

I wrote rename the modfolders. Of course the folder names have to match.

Why are you trying to go the hard way instead of just taking the easy way?

On 14.8.2018 at 3:14 PM, Dedmen said:

I gave you two solutions. If the first one is too hard for you and you don't know what a space is or how to remove it. How about you try the second solution then?

Oh wait.. I also already told you that

On 14.8.2018 at 3:01 PM, Dedmen said:

Also why are you just ignoring the other fix I gave you??
If you just ignore help you are given why are you even seeking help then?

You know what? I'm out. Have fun.