infrareddimming

Survey on modding, looking for modders

Hi Arma modders,

I am a master student with the University of Groningen currently writing my thesis on PC modding. My goal is to investigate the effects of modding tools in mod making. In order to collect the necessary data, I have designed a survey that is being distributed among a variety of modders who were active for games that were released with a set of official modding tools. The Arma series thus qualifies I believe. Some of you might have already been notified of the study through a fellow modder. If you've already filled in the survey you have my thanks. This thread was created with permission from the forum staff.

Who am I looking for?

I'm looking for anyone who has used the official mod tools at least once to create a mod. The actual game and content of the mod is not important. In other words, if you modded for a game other than the Arma series your input is still welcome (so long as that game had an official set of mod tools which you used).

Filling out the survey will take approximately 5 to 10 minutes of your time, depending on your answers. As a token of my gratitude I will randomly award a number of steam credit gift certificates among the respondents.

If you have any questions regarding the survey, please feel free message me.

I would really appreciate your help!

-link to survey-

(survey was created with google forms).

Happy holidays!

• Like 7

Very interesting. I would be curious to see the results of the survey when it is finished.

• Like 1

On 26-12-2016 at 1:46 PM, ineptaphid said:

Very interesting. I would be curious to see the results of the survey when it is finished.

Yeah I'll share the findings when the research is finished. Getting some great responses so far, really appreciating it. One more thing I would ask you modders (and especially those part of a team) is to share the survey within your modteams/communities. It would help me out a lot!

• Like 2

Shared it on the Squad Modding Hub, a Discord server with nearly 3000 members.That should get you some decent data.
Good luck!

• Like 1