ozzeh

Game freezing/crashing

My game always freaks out when reaching the 3200 MB mark for system ram usage. Half of the time, my fps will drop to 5 or so, and the other half, my game will just crash. 

GPU: GeForce GTX 980
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM DDR3

Any ideas?

@ozzeh, try restarting your computer and then use Steam to verify the integrity of the game cache for Arma 3

1. Restart your computer and launch Steam

2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.

3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.

4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

If that does not help then try switching to the profiling branch. See also Arma 3 STABLE server 1.66 "performance binary" feedback - page 74. Be sure to verify integrity of game cache after downloading the new data. 

profiling branch (special performance + profiling build - requires access code: CautionSpecialProfilingAndTestingBranchArma3), alternative download of needed binary possible from Dwarden's dropbox

If the issue persists then prepare and attach a troubleshooting report via the Arma 3 Launcher. 

For issues regarding Arma 3 you can file a troubleshooting report, also via an action available in the option menu in the upper right corner (gear icon)

• Like 1

i tried the first two things you mentioned already to no avail. ill look in to the troubleshooting thing though, thanks