megazogg

Trying to crew vehicle's turret with commander and gunner

Guys, I am completely clueless of what I am doing here. Please help.

I have this part of script:

if(_x in [
					"RHS_BMD4_VDV","RHS_BMD4M_VDV","RHS_BMD4MA_VDV",
					]) then { 
					_p=1;
					//RHS
						 { 
						 _x assignAsTurret [_jeep1, [_p]]; 
						 _x moveInTurret [_jeep1, [_p]];
						 _p=_p+1;
						 }forEach units _grp;

} else {
						{

_x assignAsCargo _jeep1; 
							_x moveInCargo _jeep1; 
							_x addEventHandler ["killed", {_this execVM "core\killed.sqf"}];	

} forEach units _grp;
				};

then I spawn a squad with BMD, it leaves commander's place empty. So, what should I do to fix this? I want to spawn BMD with driver and gunner as a crew and with sergeant + 5 soldiers as passengers, forcing the sergeant to take commander position. 

Maybe you can create the vehicle with bis_fnc_spawnvehicle function to have complete crew and then adjust the rank of the commander?
For soldiers in cargo you can create them outside and then let them move in to the vehicle

17 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Maybe you can create the vehicle with bis_fnc_spawnvehicle function to have complete crew and then adjust the rank of the commander?
For soldiers in cargo you can create them outside and then let them move in to the vehicle

The thing is, I don't now what I am doing, frankly saying :dummy:. And was hoping that someone would explain me how to do it right, preferably on example.

I am using my own custom build of RealBattle RTS mission (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=339228490) which is a variation of CTI, inspired by Wargame series of RTS.

Gameplay wise you start with HQ and can buy individual infantry units, vehicles or mot./mech. squads, already equipped with IFVs. 

My problem is that RHS BMD have 3 crew + 5 passenger positions and have all its cargo as turrets. In RL the squad itself consists of driver, gunner, 5 soldiers and squad leader, who also acts as vehicle commander). 

In game, then I buy BMD squad, it spawns with AI driver and gunner and 5 soldiers inside while one soldier of the squad have no place in BMD and just run around it. So I want to now if it is possible to force one of the soldiers to man commander's place inside BMD.  

Looks like there's a known issue with using moveInCommander on the RHS BMD4 as the commander slot is classified as a turret. You should be able to get around this by assigning the sergeant to turret slot [0, 0].

Give this a try:

//RHS
if(_x in ["RHS_BMD4_VDV","RHS_BMD4M_VDV","RHS_BMD4MA_VDV"]) then
{
    _squad_lead = leader(_grp);
    _squad_mems = units(_grp) - [_squad_lead];

// Workaround to access commander spot of RHS BMD4.
    // More here: http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=459 
    _squad_lead assignAsTurret([_jeep1, [0, 0]]);
    _squad_lead moveInTurret([_jeep1, [0, 0]]);

_p = 1;
    {
        _x assignAsTurret([_jeep1, [_p]]);
        _x moveInTurret([_jeep1, [_p]]);
        _p = _p + 1;        

} forEach(_squad_mems);
}

else
{
    {
        _x assignAsCargo _jeep1;
        _x moveInCargo _jeep1;
        _x addEventHandler ["killed", {_this execVM "core\killed.sqf"}];

} forEach units _grp;
};

Thank you! Works like a charm! I detected one slight problem - then the squad gets unload order with in high command mode, they ignore it. But they dismount as they should in combat, so it is not critical. 

On 12/27/2016 at 0:05 PM, megazogg said:

Thank you! Works like a charm! I detected one slight problem - then the squad gets unload order with in high command mode, they ignore it. But they dismount as they should in combat, so it is not critical. 

I'm willing to take a stab at fixing this issue.

For the rest of this post, I am going to refer to the following:

• squad A = driver and gunner. They are the vehicle's crew
  • squad B = soldiers and sergeant. They are the vehicle's cargo.

Do you know if you gave the unload order to squad A or B? If possible, could you try giving the unload order to squad A?