Hey, BI!

Is there any chance to see Physically Based Rendering integrated in your products in observable future (like a year or couple)? Because it's already a gamedev standard for quite some time now and it gives a really nice look to games that use it (War Thunder, Fallout 4, etc you name it). And at last but not least: it's easier to make mods, since pretty much everyone using Substance Painter and analogs and SP gives you awesome results with PBR maps such as Diffuse, Specular, Gloss, Normal and Emissive.

PS: I'm your fan since 2002, since them gud' ol' days of Operation Flashpoint: Red Hammer (you're not gonna make me call OFP "Arma 1" :D).

5 hours ago, yanot said:

Hey, BI!

Is there any chance to see Physically Based Rendering integrated in your products in observable future (like a year or couple)? Because it's already a gamedev standard for quite some time now and it gives a really nice look to games that use it (War Thunder, Fallout 4, etc you name it). And at last but not least: it's easier to make mods, since pretty much everyone using Substance Painter and analogs and SP gives you awesome results with PBR maps such as Diffuse, Specular, Gloss, Normal and Emissive.

PS: I'm your fan since 2002, since them gud' ol' days of Operation Flashpoint: Red Hammer (you're not gonna make me call OFP "Arma 1" :D).

I respectfully disagree with you on that point, most are probably still using a product that's free, or doesn't cost several hundred $$$, whilst I agree with you on the results, the only people I know that are using SP are the more professional 3d artists, not the average Arma 3 modder.

I actually have it, but just cannot get into it after being a photoshop user for over 20 years. I have a full course on video, and after the first 40 mins, I just cannot push myself further, close it all down, and fire up PS again, using SP is out of y comfort zone, but I really want to get more into it, especially the ability to work in 3d mode.

• Like 1

Well, as i said there are analogs to SP such as 3D Coat and etc. The point is: PBR is a new video games graphic standart that gives us an awesome flexibility in terms of materials and its settings. I love PS aswell and using it since forever and I did come out of my zone of comfort with 3D Coat like a year ago :) And it was worth it. PS is beautiful program... For retouching photos, applying filters to it and creating seamless camo patterns, but unfortunately it cant give you as much flexibility and information about what you are doing with the texture on model in real time, and trust me: when you will try it - you won't want to switch back to Ps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yanot said:

Well, as i said there are analogs to SP such as 3D Coat and etc. The point is: PBR is a new video games graphic standart that gives us an awesome flexibility in terms of materials and its settings. I love PS aswell and using it since forever and I did come out of my zone of comfort with 3D Coat like a year ago :) And it was worth it. PS is beautiful program... For retouching photos, applying filters to it and creating seamless camo patterns, but unfortunately it cant give you as much flexibility and information about what you are doing with the texture on model in real time, and trust me: when you will try it - you won't want to switch back to Ps.

Indeed, like I said, the effects like the chipped edges and worn paint are natural filters in SP, whereas you have to create them in PS, I need to persevere with Substance, and take the leap of faith.