bludski

Unnamed Vietnam War Map (cambodia/laos)

17 minutes ago, Bitesrad said:

Do you have APEX loaded?

It requires APEX, if that is what you are asking

• Like 1

This is by far the best Vietnam map I ever played in Arma. And to be honest the only reason I'm  re-downloading the  The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0D .I love the Unsung content but the maps that followed the mod are not even close to your map. Once again amazing work!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nikiforos said:

This is by far the best Vietnam*** map I ever played in Arma. And to be honest the only reason I'm  re-downloading the  The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0D .I love the Unsung content but the maps that followed the mod are not even close to your map. Once again amazing work!

***Cambodia <-

Thanks though :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bludski said:

***Cambodia <-

Thanks though :)

Lol true but my imagination thinks otherwise :D
The thing that amazes me the most is how well I can run this map. Much more fun than Tanoa (Sorry BIS) :)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, nikiforos said:

The thing that amazes me the most is how well I can run this map. Much more fun than Tanoa (Sorry BIS) :)

Same feeling here! For some reason Tanoa feels way too small; it's almost like you can be in and out of any jungle in 5 minutes...

But this one here, it's pure, non-stop, green hell awesomeness. ^^

• Like 3

On 10/04/2017 at 3:07 AM, bludski said:

... until declared 1.0 there will be errors all over the place.

..but don't let that put anyone off downloading and playing some , e.g., Unsung editor mission. 

None of the bugs - and they are really not that many -  are critical. This terrain is beautiful to just wander around, and (appropriately) an absolute nightmare when set up for intense jungle warfare.

bludski, sorry not to have followed up on my PM re French colonial photos; RL stuff has been rough.

• Like 1

Fantastic map mate, love the atmosphere! Any plans on adding it to SIX in the future?

4 hours ago, Rhodesy77 said:

Fantastic map mate, love the atmosphere! Any plans on adding it to SIX in the future?

Thanks. No such plans.. I may consider it once it is done, (read 1.0) but I don't like that program one bit, do not use/endorse it and will only ever update the terrain to my steam workshop.

• Like 2

Fair enough, sadly my community uses SIX collections. Will just have to wait and see. Cheers.

Howdy! Absolutely love this map, just curious as to when we will see the next update? keep up the good work!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grim_Panda said:

Howdy! Absolutely love this map, just curious as to when we will see the next update? keep up the good work!

No promises as to when yet but there are some cool things coming ;')

• Like 3

if you need any beta testers... my group and myself are pretty good at that :3 so... just say'n... lol

There's none of that going on. If you are subbed to the map in workshop then that is it..

• Like 1

we are! been keeping an eye on it, but holding off on using it for a campaign till some of the builds make an appearance again haha, but absolutely love the topography, micro terrain, and the fact that the river actually feels and looks like a river.

• Like 1

Hi Bludski

You map looks absolutely beautiful! I was just scouting around for a map to make a misison on and came across your map.

I am getting one problem though, it seems to have a missing texture, by way of incorrect path, just wondering if anyone else is getting it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=912828698

I downloaded from the steam workshop about an hour ago. I have tried "repairing" the mod and also running the mod on it's own. same result.

I believe this is causing this grass to be black.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=912828680

Cheers.

Awesome map mate. Can't say enough praises for the quality and detail.

But the only thing really holding back my community from adding it to our regular modset is it doesn't have a signed BIKey =\

Any chance for you guys to get the signature sorted in your next update?

On 25/04/2017 at 6:47 AM, azza276 said:

stuff

Ignore it.

On 27/04/2017 at 10:42 AM, SkilletKid said:

Any chance for you guys to get the signature sorted in your next update?

I'll put it on the list of things to do :)

• Like 1

Mini update. Signed with keys.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, churrofighter said:

Not for nothing but ACE gps doesn't seem to be working in your island :(

Well GPS wasn't invented in 1969 and it isn't an island. ;) Seriously though, no idea why it doesn't work with that.. What is it supposed to be showing?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bludski said:

Well GPS wasn't invented in 1969 and it isn't an island. ;) Seriously though, no idea why it doesn't work with that.. What is it supposed to be showing?

It is working, it's just the northings are adding an extra 1 to the start of the grid - GPS is showing 02071036 where it should be showing 02070362.

50 minutes ago, Flax said:

It is working, it's just the northings are adding an extra 1 to the start of the grid - GPS is showing 02071036 where it should be showing 02070362.

I have no idea how to fix this...

No worries, it doesn't take anything away from this awesome map. Like you said no GPS in '69, just makes you navigate the old fashioned way. It might even be an ACE issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flax said:

No worries, it doesn't take anything away from this awesome map. Like you said no GPS in '69, just makes you navigate the old fashioned way. It might even be an ACE issue.

I'd still like to have everything working properly eventually though. The map is set in 1970s but no reason for it to not work as a modern or wwII setting.

• Like 1