bludski

Unnamed Vietnam War Map (cambodia/laos)

Bludski 

Firstly thank you very much for your work, this map has an excellent quality and was built with much caprice with very real aspects in its modeling, 
something that the community very much appreciates with all certainty,

I would like to speak even about this new update today, I was particularly sorry to find that the map no longer had the vietnamese theme, 
I was enjoying the work too much, there was nothing similar in the community, and for me the map Was perfect for this environment, I was even thinking 
about starting a campaign in my community on it, but when I did the update and check a base I was doing a mission I noticed that several items are 
missing or gone, and that aspect of war seems to have cooled The base was a little strange in my point of view

The question I would like to ask is if at some point in the future do you intend to launch or continue the old version with the theme of vietnam ??

And if there is any possibility of this project coming back with that idea?

Thank you so much for everything 
Edited by CCTHood

The map will be pretty much exactly the same but without unsung objects. There will very soon be replacements where the huts are missing and other goodies.

I would be very grateful if you could launch a parallel version of this map with the Vietnamese theme, I think a lot of people would like it as well, because the map layout combines too much with it

• Like 1

4qrEb4J.jpg

There will be new huts...

• Like 11

I have been making a mission on your map, which works great in Eden and when you play from Eden. The problem is when you try to play it once it is packed, the map is very broken, no huts, dead VC and the list goes one. There is a problem it seems in the packing, but I am no expert. I make missions all the time for my group, but have never run into this problem. Is anyone running into a problem playing on a server also. I can not wait till this problem is solved, which I am sure it will be.

7 hours ago, imager6 said:

I have been making a mission on your map, which works great in Eden and when you play from Eden. The problem is when you try to play it once it is packed, the map is very broken, no huts, dead VC and the list goes one. There is a problem it seems in the packing, but I am no expert. I make missions all the time for my group, but have never run into this problem. Is anyone running into a problem playing on a server also. I can not wait till this problem is solved, which I am sure it will be.

Huts are gone in v0.8... and they will come back "when it's done". ;) 

• Like 1

http://imgur.com/a/E8L45

Hut progress can be followed in that gallery. It will be updated from start to finish. There will be ten variations.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, bludski said:

There will be new huts...

Give me a day or so and I'll post a link to a 7z file of images of various buildings on sticks around/in Tonle Sap, plus some images of inhabitants about their daily business.

Note: ordinary Cambodians are wonderful people. Kind, gentle, and generous for the main part, their country and traditional culture (with all its flaws) was destroyed by the war criminals Nixon, Kissinger, Thatcher, and Pol Pot et al. of the Khmer Rouge. If you have any spare change, please consider donating to charities that support orphanages, landmine victims, landmine clearance, etc. - but please research carefully, there are lots of scams mostly run by  Westernerrs.

• Like 1

7t1iX31.jpg

Some hut progress.

• Like 14

The huts are looking very nice, thanks for what could be the best map yet.

• Like 2

they look really good. can't wait to check them out on the map.

keep it up!

• Like 2

7F923B7FA2B2B7CB90D00768F0B8E1F9E501D1D8

F94DADA20718D223EDD3F35CDDEC7D4B4ACE4A76

2F022C25E842E1BA765F4F624DE9A7B8146A07CF

03DAF57F6A7E7AC20C51F89BC510A946B09A2877

Huts all over the place! Though the models aren't completely functional yet.

• Like 14

@bludski: keep up your great work! :rthumb:

My buddy bad benson had urged me to try both the Faces of War mod and your map together so I made a mission that we played on the weekend and it was :icon_dj:    

We played our "USMC sneak into japanese fortress on hill 114 and blow shit up" scenario by day and by night and it was a tense and very immersive gaming experience.  Navigating through the jungle never felt so believable! 

Glad to hear that you're going to provide the huts and that these are independent from UNSUNG.  Even though some people want them specifically BECAUSE of Vietnam era missions, I could imagine that all those who want to do WW2 Pacific scenarios instead would prefer to not have to load UNSUNG at all in order to avoid conflicts/non-authentic equipment for the WW2 setting.  In this regard, you really try to cover all your bases, so tho speak, and offer a high quality southeast asian map for all kinds of players and mission makers.  

Thank you for this beautiful map!!!    

• Like 5

Man, every time I see my steam addons updating I hope it's this map. The villages are a lot less empty now :D 

The new huts are a little bright ingame though. This becomes especially noticable when you compare them to Tanoa's thatch tribal village buildings.

Comparison pics:

Spoiler

12PM clear skies

35823U6.jpg

12PM half overcast

cVrhY0t.jpg

12PM full overcast

zEJJgsm.jpg

P.S. Do I spy a possible bridge Cheung Sngout? :D 

• Like 2

There are lots of stuff wrong with the huts. Mainly no collisions, no distant LODs, destruction and proper materials set up at the moment. They will be upgraded later. They are lacking detail textures too.

I'm touching them up one by one as I go. Main objective atm is populating the map. Making things pretty later :)

• Like 1

3D72ECA371316F89AC9C98C0399C2A757771FCD5

ABFE797A2E09FEF5FF3528C923F768AD09D7034C

D7BBCA127760BAE7FA13533A578E3E7CA8A9A550

Almost all the huts are replaced now and a lot have been placed in new spots. Lots and lots more coming. All of them now have working collisions. I will add spawn points and more very soon.

13 hours ago, Bitesrad said:

P.S. Do I spy a possible bridge Cheung Sngout? :D 

I was going to make a huge jump with a gap but yeah that didn't work so it will be a bridge ;)

• Like 10

92DAC587ACB0EA2B2654C65B802F0D40B4E2DF56

• Like 14

Darned good thing I was a little to young to serve in Vietnam, otherwise this map could trigger PTSD.

• Like 1

Running your map from the steam workshop with cup maps, ace, cba, etc enabled and i'm getting these errors on map load (ignoring the convex shape and connection errors) https://pastebin.com/3xACC93Q, you list no dependencies so I assume i'm not missing any mods, but else love the work.

There are no dependencies. The map is version 0.8 and until declared 1.0 there will be errors all over the place.