bludski

Unnamed Vietnam War Map (cambodia/laos)

1 hour ago, Bitesrad said:

something something texture map... +reggae

Sat map stuff gets changed in the end to fit objects. It is pointless to update it often.

No more different ground textures will be added.

The road textures are tanoa ones but I will change them with ones I make for the terrain to match my ground textures but that isn't a priority before finalizing the map.

I don't make maps without listening to some sweet sweet roots music. It is against my religion. ;)

• Like 1

great music and great vid of a truly great map. good job mate i'm really looking forward to running an op on it this weekend.

the village at 4m50, the way you make separate dwellings with natural and man-made barriers between them to block lines of sight (for peoples privacy and property boundaries, but also then heightens tension for soldiers searching or passing through a village)  is some of the best designed, realistic layouts i have ever seen in arma, or any other video game. perfection.

• Like 2

Hey man,

Absolutely love your map, the villages look amazing, very alive and and a nice mix with the trees and hedges.

And the roads aswell, extremly fun just driving through the map with a jeep. Keep it up !

• Like 1

I wanted to test some A2/CO addons with a view to improving jungle AI performance, so last night set up on Trung Si a private port of Greuh's Clashpoint.

Hee, some of the denser vegetation areas are green hells! AI managed to wipe out blufor several times. Two or three times the OPFOR AI used the terrain to make flanking attacks that caught BLUFOR by surprise - killing me in the process. Very immersive, the surprise attacks were quite a shock. AIs use grenades/grenade launchers very effectively to kill opponents they can't see.

Whether for PvP/COOP or SP, mission designers can choose AOs that offer challenges from average to very hard simply on the basis of the location. Suggests some interesting mission design possibilities. This first-rate map just keeps getting better and better :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, orcinus said:

stuff and stuffs

Thanks!

Now you know why there aren't any big VC/NVA camps on the map:).. CHARLIE IS IN THE TREEES MAAN! FIRE IN THE HOLE!

Damn.

I'm already too paranoid to play within the denser parts of the forests on Tanoa.

This map will give me nightmares.

Cheers

• Like 4

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Entirely new sat colour and normal maps from the ground up. Another clearing had a village added. Uploading to steam now :3

• Like 9

I`m waiting for the disclaimer on the other map along the lines of - This map is a lot larger than the one I made in the other thread. Please don`t expect quite the same level of detail.... :P

This weekend should be fun. First chance to try it out properly, rather than just flying to landmarks or wandering around, taking in the rich atmosphere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flyingpig said:

I`m waiting for the disclaimer on the other map along the lines of - This map is a lot larger than the one I made in the other thread. Please don`t expect quite the same level of detail.... :P

This weekend should be fun. First chance to try it out properly, rather than just flying to landmarks or wandering around, taking in the rich atmosphere.

Heheheee The other map will take a LONG time to make. If this one takes 3 months to make then i guess it is a year left when I resume working on the other one ;)

You`ve set a ridiculously high standard for that bludski guy to live up to :)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, flyingpig said:

You`ve set a ridiculously high standard for that bludski guy to live up to :)

I'm not too worried about that asshole.. He probably has a trick or two up his sleve when he makes his homeland anyhow;)

The guy obviously has psychological problems. Just ignore him and keep doing what you do, even if anyone moans about what he`s doing :)

• Like 1

I like how you started with a basic and quick terrain of mostly just samey jungle and then carved out details and settlements and all that stuff, it gives stuff for people to play with before its done being refined. A lot of map makers will work in one area and only there and then spreading out, leaving the rest of the terrain just bare dirt and satmap.

• Like 2

There are so many areas of the map that are interesting; There are so many unique features and every village is different, not a cookie cutter approach to filling in the map.

The helicopters land just fine in the farm fields, (no slow sideways landing as the AI looks for a clearer landing spot), the atmosphere is that of a living map. The map is already more complete than many currently available maps.

I am wondering how much more work are you planning on doing on the eastern half of the map? I see more work on the air strip area and some ruins in the south east, more villages perhaps? Just curious.

Great work.

• Like 3

Love your map, it really shows great craftman ship. i us EOS to make missions and ran into a problem. In a village the VC seemed to spawn from the ground. There were also ones in the huts that worked well. Has anyone else run into this problem. This was in multiplayer and on a decated server. I plan further test as I love this map.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, imager6 said:

Love your map, it really shows great craftman ship. i us EOS to make missions and ran into a problem. In a village the VC seemed to spawn from the ground. There were also ones in the huts that worked well. Has anyone else run into this problem. This was in multiplayer and on a decated server. I plan further test as I love this map.

Thank you. I have also noticed that some times AI will stand on the ground below the huts. Unfortunately nothing I can do about that as I only use the objects. I didn't create them. Do post your missions in this thread though when you are happy with them!

Been starting to work with your map. And will se if it´s possible to index it and work out a ALiVE OP on it.
This map has given us nightmares and been making us go "WOW" in the jungle. 
Thank you for this wonderfull work. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wookierun said:

Been starting to work with your map. And will se if it´s possible to index it and work out a ALiVE OP on it.
This map has given us nightmares and been making us go "WOW" in the jungle. 
Thank you for this wonderfull work. 

I was told ALIVE guys have the map on their to do list (on the bottom), I know others have failed to index it for some reasons. I personally have no idea what that entails as I have never used ALIVE myself.

If it is an extensive process I assume it is best to wait a couple of weeks until 1.0 is live.

I am about to start work on the standalone version.

• Like 2

Evolution mp co-op is almost done

I have laid out the FOB, the airbase and the PBR station, all 11 zones, and the static, air and river missions markers. I just have to do the convoy markers, and update the ammo crates (As this will be initially for our beta test team to play on, and then released with Echo (with the map).

Feedback / suggestions:

- To use the FOB's in missions you could leave a little bit more flat areas about inside the perimeter. they are beautifully crafted but there is almost no room left to add anything ourselves. An example might be a mission-critical building, like a comms tower, or a MASH to heal at (As map-placed MASH hootches dont heal), or an area to place ammo crates.

- I am also wary of your helipads, as I dynamically respawn my helis every 10 minutes, and i don't like to place them on top of anything, as they often just explode as soon as they make contact with another colliding object.  time will tell, but you might also consider leaving some flat ground for helipads that are simply a H placed on flat earth.

- The airstrip is a nice touch, but the drop on either side of it means you cannot easily use it for a taxi-way, and there is nowhere to place airplanes. People may not enjoy flying planes on this map, leading others perhaps to build airbases off the populated area of the map, where it is flat, but unrealistic. I figured you meant that strip more as a light strip for a skymaster or bird-dog to operate from, but a small adjustment would enable taxiing and parking of a handful of fixed wing assets, like A1s or an F100.

I love the layout, and have had hours of fun tonight exploring your beautiful creation. I was surprised when i discovered it was 30% bigger than Da Krong. so i'm amazed you have got it this far so fast. A real work of art, and you must be getting exhausted working on it.  Thanks from all of us at Unsung, we're looking forward to kicking hell out of it during our forthcoming beta tests.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, eggbeast said:

- To use the FOB's in missions you could leave a little bit more flat areas about inside the perimeter. they are beautifully crafted but there is almost no room left to add anything ourselves. An example might be a mission-critical building, like a comms tower, or a MASH to heal at (As map-placed MASH hootches dont heal), or an area to place ammo crates.

- I am also wary of your helipads, as I dynamically respawn my helis every 10 minutes, and i don't like to place them on top of anything, as they often just explode as soon as they make contact with another colliding object.  time will tell, but you might also consider leaving some flat ground for helipads that are simply a H placed on flat earth.

- The airstrip is a nice touch, but the drop on either side of it means you cannot easily use it for a taxi-way, and there is nowhere to place airplanes. People may not enjoy flying planes on this map, leading others perhaps to build airbases off the populated area of the map, where it is flat, but unrealistic. I figured you meant that strip more as a light strip for a skymaster or bird-dog to operate from, but a small adjustment would enable taxiing and parking of a handful of fixed wing assets, like A1s or an F100.

- No

- No , spawn them slightly above so they dropo onto it.

- No. The map is not made for jets.

first mornings hunting on Trung Si - with a full-on SEAL loadout

iNpBvPK.jpg

• Like 2

One of these day's i'll have removed all the grass inside the individual base situations. So much to do!

This is Amazing can't wait to fight here.

I've made a mp mission in the editor but when I put it on our Server it says that we have to install the Adittitional Keys.

We're can i find those?