Unnamed Vietnam War Map (cambodia/laos)

I'm just gonna leave these here.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

• Like 17

Hey Blud this isn't really a complaint as much as it is a suggestion/request, but I kinda wish there were more like bombed out overlook positions. And I personally prefer outposts/fobs to temples but I can definitely see all the work you put in the temple ruins so, even though I kinda wish they were military camps or whatever, they are still incredible. Do what you want w/ this comment, ignore it idc, you obviously know what you 're doing. Keep up the good work this map is killer!

Edited by Seth Hill

well he already said he was leaving areas for missions makers to add camps

• Like 1

Chamkar Yok. One of the main villages.

Has a large plantation, state police HQ and a school.

Produces ginger, bananas, coconuts etc. Smaller settlements come here for trade.

Most roads lead here.

Version 0.8 is right around the corner and is quite a major update to me because it now shifts work in to final detailing, as all settlements are placed and set in stone. The only work remaining is filling in all the tiny details, playtesting and adding features from there. Then appending all these objects the satellite images and ground textures and that will be 1.0

• Like 12

oh man, these look so good. I'm trying to get my squad to use these.

• Like 1

Absolutely fantastic bludski. Very natural and realistic.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Seth Hill said:

Hey Blud this isn't really a complaint as much as it is a suggestion/request, but I kinda wish there were more like bombed out overlook positions. And I personally prefer outposts/fobs to temples but I can definitely see all the work you put in the temple ruins so, even though I kinda wish they were military camps or whatever, they are still incredible. Do what you want w/ this comment, ignore it idc, you obviously know what you 're doing. Keep up the good work this map is killer!

Battles in/around those ruins are hugely entertaining; it's outstanding that the AI cope with them near flawlessly. There are enough othe camps/forts/FOBs IMO.

However, I see your point to some extent; one thing I always wanted from A2/Unsung days was a det-cord mod so you can blow trees & make a heli-compatible clearing a la the Bruce Willis-Ia Drang Hollywood potboiler (we were soldiers once or whatever). Beyond my abilities, though. Shame, could be useful in door-breeching, etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, orcinus said:

Battles in/around those ruins are hugely entertaining; it's outstanding that the AI cope with them near flawlessly. There are enough othe camps/forts/FOBs IMO.

However, I see your point to some extent; one thing I always wanted from A2/Unsung days was a det-cord mod so you can blow trees & make a heli-compatible clearing a la the Bruce Willis-Ia Drang Hollywood potboiler (we were soldiers once or whatever). Beyond my abilities, though. Shame, could be useful in door-breeching, etc.

Yeah, my only problem w/ the temples is that they are a bit too claustrophobic. I like cqb and all but i enjoy a healthy mix of cqb and mid range combat.

Great news man. Its seriously  beautiful and you've developed it incredibly quick. And hopefully this means before long you can get back to that awesome nordic terrain you had going. You've really got a talent for terrains. 

• Like 1

On 3-3-2017 at 5:07 AM, bludski said:

Then appending all these objects the satellite images and ground textures and that will be 1.0

That's my only 'gripe' with the map right now. The satellite texutere of the map don't display a lot of the objects, which makes it look like a monotomous green sea from above (or from the ground when the grass stops rendering). If you can fix that, this map will be pretty much perfect in my eyes.

Outstanding work on the roads in the latest few updates, wow. Great detail with tight in jungle but no trees in the middle of the road (that I've found), winding through the jungle but smooth transition on the curves (no jagged road). Some areas have footpaths paralleling the roads, It must be painstaking work. Thank you for all your work on this map. 

• Like 2

Also....great looking cultivated fields, the best I have seen.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dr@gon said:

Also....great looking cultivated fields, the best I have seen.

Thanks.. All the current clearings will be turned into such.. Just as you said it takes a LOT of time. Here's today's update:

DB24595BCEECE5911E4DB8C2BF615A1511EC8F25

8A5E2D41F71BC49DF1F2862BF9B09FF2BB259AB4

1108B068262785C677A9A7AC6F899A255765B76D

0FC3184AC6072BFE97E717EF5B7D3024B1C95EE3

Bananas, coconuts and ginger. For trading in the village in the next clearing.

Oh and good news for people waiting for 1975/non unsung required version!

Originally I had planed to replace the huts with runied tanoa ones in the standalone.. buuut.

I have permision from Razorback, the author of the huts, that they will be included with the map!

Can I get a hell yeah? 

• Like 14

Two minor requests. 

1. Is it possible for you to write a quick change log for your updates? I keep logging in and seeing incremental updates and getting excited but never know if its a new town or just a missing semi-colon :P

2. Are you able to write out a list of the dependent PBO's from UNS? I want to use just the map for my group but without cutting it down it's a 400mb map and 10gb of dependencies :P

Thanks, and great work, One of the better maps I've seen around recently with many possibilities you've left open for mission makers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scarecrow398 said:

Two minor requests. 

1. Is it possible for you to write a quick change log for your updates? I keep logging in and seeing incremental updates and getting excited but never know if its a new town or just a missing semi-colon :P

2. Are you able to write out a list of the dependent PBO's from UNS? I want to use just the map for my group but without cutting it down it's a 400mb map and 10gb of dependencies :P

Thanks, and great work, One of the better maps I've seen around recently with many possibilities you've left open for mission makers.

1. I can't be arsed with changelogs.. writing them is time not spent actually working on the map. I do them once in a while if i add something significant and remember.

2. Uns dependencies are a circlejerk. Nothing I can do :/

• Like 2

Fair enough

1 minute ago, bludski said:

1. I can't be arsed with changelogs.. writing them is time not spent actually working on the map. I do them once in a while if i add something significant and remember.

2. Uns dependencies are a circlejerk. Nothing I can do :/

Fair enough, I'm just happy to find a jungle map other than tanoa that doesn't set my CPU on fire, haha.

Oh, I mean just a list of the objects/PBO's used from UNS so I only need to load the PBO's being used for the buildings and such. Not completely eliminating them.

Just now, scarecrow398 said:

Oh, I mean just a list of the objects/PBO's used from UNS so I only need to load the PBO's being used for the buildings and such. Not completely eliminating them.

The answer to that is all of them or most of them... I don't have it. uns stuff depends on each other back and forth. Like i said. a circlejerk.

It's not only a circlejerk, but it's also against our license to edit any files or move/remove files from UNSUNG without express permission from the developers ;)

• Like 4

9 hours ago, bludski said:

Thanks.. All the current clearings will be turned into such.. Just as you said it takes a LOT of time. Here's today's update:

<pretty pictures snipped>

Bananas, coconuts and ginger. For trading in the village in the next clearing.

Oh and good news for people waiting for 1975/non unsung required version!

Originally I had planed to replace the huts with runied tanoa ones in the standalone.. buuut.

I have permision from Razorback, the author of the huts, that they will be included with the map!

Can I get a hell yeah? 

Hell, yeah! :)

Looking better every day, outstanding work m8

• Like 1

good catch barden. i was about to step in on that lol.

@ scarecrow please do not separate files from our mod, or you will be headed for our shit-list.

the map is looking outstanding. absolutely top notch.

• Like 1

@bludski

I skipped a few updates and just check again you map: I'm amazed by the sheer quality of all the villages and all other improvements.

I noticed 2 houses that are a bit high (the stairs are not touching the ground). Are you interested in those reports or you consider it good enough (no issue to get in the house, it's just a graphical glitch) ?

May I also suggest a different name for "Le French Skool" like:

- L'école Française

- Ecole Française

- Ecole Sainte <female name like Marie, Anne ...etc)

- Ecole Saint <male name like Pierre, Paul, Jacques...etc)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 1212PDMCDMPPM said:

@bludski

I skipped a few updates and just check again you map: I'm amazed by the sheer quality of all the villages and all other improvements.

I noticed 2 houses that are a bit high (the stairs are not touching the ground). Are you interested in those reports or you consider it good enough (no issue to get in the house, it's just a graphical glitch) ?

May I also suggest a different name for "Le French Skool" like:

- L'école Française

- Ecole Française

- Ecole Sainte <female name like Marie, Anne ...etc)

- Ecole Saint <male name like Pierre, Paul, Jacques...etc)

I was wondering when one of you guys would notice that one, hence the silly name :) I would ideally like an enterable building there.

I wanted a  name like "insert nasty figure here - school for boys" and have it ruined cause locals didn't agree with what the headmaster did to the boys in detention, but I turned that idea into the overgrown ruined haunted one in the latest village i added.

If you are talking about the houses in the latest village with some floating stairs i know about them. There are actually 3. right next to each other right by that school. The area isn't finished. still needs a lot of stuff added and moved around.

In a couple of weeks when I hit version 0.9x I'm going to need a lot of bug testing.. looking for those things but then I'm also going to need exact locations for them.

im planning to put my evo mission on it this week for us to beta test unsung echo wip stuff at the weekend.so we can keep a log of any unusual issues with 30 players on it and 200 AI

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bludski said:

-vid-

Someone is a bob marley fan I see :D 

Some feedback now. On the southern shores of the map there's no sandy or muddy transition from grass to water. Was this intentional? Further up the river you have a strip of yellow sand on the riverbank. At close ranges the vegetation covers it up, but once it despawns you're left with a bit of a jarring transition. If not sand, perhaps a darker and noisier texture to simulate a muddy riverbank? Also while driving I noticed the road textures (the ground, rather than the actual dirttracks) are way darker than the sat textures. I'll try and get a screenshot later on if you want. I love the subtle difference in height around the villages. Never really noticed it until I drove around with a jeep :D