bludski

Unnamed Vietnam War Map (cambodia/laos)

8 hours ago, eggbeast said:

re the huts catching fire, its based on damage to the hut roof. we can't be checking every bullet for tracer value, that would be silly.

Ah, OK thanks for the info. Strange that I never saw that on the Unsung maps, though I've played very, very little over the last couple of years.

8 hours ago, dr@gon said:

Lots of blue rivers in Canada :) of course the closer you are to the rivers source the bluer / whiter the water is. I agree the brown water of the rivers adds great atmosphere to the map.

Blud, outstanding work, it keeps getting better.

I've never visited Canada but I think that it's an exceptionally beautiful country. So I'll extend mountain streams to mountain rivers. ;)

Where I live the only time that the rivers leave their turd-like hue is when the melt waters turn them foaming white.

You could sell these pictures to a holiday magazine, and the ambient sounds are just awesome... The realism of the whole package is just amazing. Thank you..

• Like 4

Thanks for pitching us some pitchers! Still such an amazing map ;)

• Like 2

Finally got back around to looking at this map again, few comments if I dare?

- The dirt runway could be a bit longer, Had a hard time taking of in the Caesar BTT Plane. Kept hitting the dirt humps at the end :( 

- Towns are beautiful, but feel to clean, not so lived in, if you understand? same with the smaller villages.

- The ground textures are so god damn pretty, I literally placed down a unit just to go for a walk. Damn fine work.

-That road area to the south west is brilliant, kept expecting an ambush even though I was in editor, and it was god damn nice to drive in with all the twists and turns, do you have plans to connect it to the north roads?

- I'm not sure what you have planned for the map but I would not mind seeing more random debris, crashed planes, old bunkers in the deeper areas of jungle.

- In some of the North west temple I noticed some areas I had to go prone to move to the other side, I would like to see more of this. I.E Areas only accessible by going prone, some Indiana Jones or tunnel rats type stuff. it would make for interesting hidden areas.

- prison camp maybe?

- Airfield base could be expanded towards the runway seems to lack defenses on that end.

I hope you will hear my words kindly, and not take offence, This map is amazing, such high quality, with high frames and I will be using it for several missions when the Independent version comes out. Thanks for making it.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sgt Potter said:

stuffs.

HOW DARE YOU  GIVE GOOD CRITICIZM AND ASK VALID QUESTIONS?!?!?  :)

-The dirt runway will not be longer and will be even less usable than it is. (Because unsung particular reasons.) That whole place is intended to be in an unfinished state on the map but it is not completely detailed yet. (Would like to have some older buldozer and engineering equipment models much!!)

-Villages have just recently had work started on them. More are coming. Final details won't be added before it gets closer to 1.0 and every settlement has had general layout defined.

-Thanks.

-Thanks. The roads will be connected. They will be connected by the one bridge in the north village on the river. Placement of road pending settlement layout.

-Those things come when final detailing starts.

-More to come for sure!

-Planned for the 1975/standalone version.

-Airfield base won't have much more added to it except finalizing the camp layout, adding defences and better transition from jungle to clearing. It was never put into use before the war ended. It will be different on the 1975 version.

It is cool when people give feedback beyond adjectives and superlatives! That is what this thread is for you know.....

• Like 4

bludski,

I have to say, your work on this map Is truly first class!

I run alot of recon missions down In the boonies and there's no better place I'd rather hunt Charlie then Trung Si...

Running this alongside Unsung, It's a masterpiece. I sure hope the Unsung dev team have snapped you up for further projects! The planning and placement of paths, roads, canopy, firebases, villages etc Is extremely well thought out, the ground contrast blended with vegetation Is first class and you really have a sense of a jungle enviroment.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 4

Hey Bludski

I've had a look at your map and its gorgeous

I was currently making a Map and I was wondering how you got all that Jungle and those thatched buildings.

I would really appreciate I'd love to be able to make one as good as you can but currently can't finish it with out some of the mangrove's and buildings from the DLC.

If its a trade secret I can understand.

And keep going man really good Job you've done already.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Someone1303 said:

stuff

Mikero has made some proxy objects you can get with his subscription tools.

The other stuff is from unsung mod.

On 14/02/2017 at 11:42 AM, -Gunny- said:

bludski,

I have to say, your work on this map Is truly first class!

I run alot of recon missions down In the boonies and there's no better place I'd rather hunt Charlie then Trung Si...

Running this alongside Unsung, It's a masterpiece. I sure hope the Unsung dev team have snapped you up for further projects! The planning and placement of paths, roads, canopy, firebases, villages etc Is extremely well thought out, the ground contrast blended with vegetation Is first class and you really have a sense of a jungle enviroment.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks man. Do post some requests if you are lacking features on the map for your missions.

I will also accept object placements from mission makers for the 1975 version if any good ones get submitted in this post. They must be appropriate for the setting though and only by using default a3 objects..

• Like 2

Hey love the map, and I'm not complaining, but where are the daily updates? ITS BEEN THREE DAYS I NEED SHIT TO EXPLORE!

514FA8187887F8BD754D062AD154CD162AC3C754

EE24D8C4DF36661454F43E2FC4869497547EA635

7983AE02BE1B570E13506CA2BB11DAD5F706A026

Another large, unexplored ancient temple site has been discovered and Phoumithom Pir village is almost completed.

0.78.3 is up on steam!

• Like 12

This map is giving me some serious Apocalypse. Now. vibes at some places. Beautiful map! 

• Like 4

More great work with the latest updates. The new villages and the cultivated fields are awesome.

I played around in some of the temple ruins and the AI seem to be able to move through the old temples quite well (amazing considering AI usually has problems with that sort of thing). The village on the far north part of the river (now named Cheung Sngout) with the French School; I tried to use the school yard as a helicopter LZ for an assault, which worked great the helicopter landed, unloaded and took off no problem but the AI Infantry couldn't get out of the courtyard, they wouldn't go through the archway in the fence. Perhaps you don't have time or no intention of looking at that, maybe there's nothing that can be done (maybe a whole in the fence somewhere). Anyway not an important detail.

Keep up the excellent work. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dr@gon said:

More great work with the latest updates. The new villages and the cultivated fields are awesome.

I played around in some of the temple ruins and the AI seem to be able to move through the old temples quite well (amazing considering AI usually has problems with that sort of thing). The village on the far north part of the river (now named Cheung Sngout) with the French School; I tried to use the school yard as a helicopter LZ for an assault, which worked great the helicopter landed, unloaded and took off no problem but the AI Infantry couldn't get out of the courtyard, they wouldn't go through the archway in the fence. Perhaps you don't have time or no intention of looking at that, maybe there's nothing that can be done (maybe a whole in the fence somewhere). Anyway not an important detail.

Keep up the excellent work. 

That's a tanoa gateway.. dunno why it doesn't work. There are two holes in the fence though.. in two of the corners..

Meanwhilst somewhere to the south:

D19A41AE6832487EAC174497DAF8BBD45AC2509A

• Like 9

Truly beautiful work in this map bludski.

I only skimmed through the main areas of interest before, but gave it a good couple of hours earlier just wandering about taking in the atmosphere. So much detail on the ground from simple techniques. The hill 114 camp is a joy to wander round (there`s definitely a place to host the mother of all assault defences). It all looks so very natural and un-game-y. Totally solid job all round, and it`s not even finished yet...

• Like 2

On 19/02/2017 at 5:58 PM, bludski said:

That's a tanoa gateway.. dunno why it doesn't work. There are two holes in the fence though.. in two of the corners..

Meanwhilst somewhere to the south:

<snip beautiful image>

That is outstanding, it looks just like a lane near Tonle Sap. Did you base it on an actual photograph?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, orcinus said:

That is outstanding, it looks just like a lane near Tonle Sap. Did you base it on an actual photograph?

Thanks. No, just watching some docus on Khmer and 'bodians. and various shows on youtube with people going there..

Do you have a Mekong river going through the map?
Something big and deep enough for a boat to get through?

I'm thinking of making a mission using this map with Chinese VME_PLA units.

I currently live in Thailand btw and been to Laos, Cambodia a few times.

Cheers

23 minutes ago, Mordacai said:

Do you have a Mekong river going through the map?

The map is split in two with a river going through the middle.it is deep enough for all normal A3 boats by far.

• Like 2