Sign in to follow this  
brsseb

Rah 66 comanche heli under construction.

Hi

Im making an RAH 66 Comanche Attach Helicopter and hope to release it soon (two weeks maybe). The main fuselage is done, got some exteriour and interiour details to do. Then texture it properly.

comanche6_tex2.jpg

But I am not sure how to make that machinegun. I guess its similar to that on the Cobra, but I dont know the LOD setup for it. Anyone know the proper Memory LOD and model LOD selection names and configfile setup for it? (I assume the cobramodel wasnt in the uncrypted single player demo. Didnt find it, though.)

There are more snaps on this site (go here if the pics dont load in the post. (Dont mind that the heli is not scaled right yet):

http://www.geocities.com/brsseb/comanche/

BRSSEB (ofp.info/brsseb)

make a gun at thew nose and call the whole rotating parts that move left right up and down: otocvez

the up and down moving part of the gun OtocHlaven

the muzzle has to be called zasleh

for the memory lod the otocvez axis point has to be called osaveze

the otochlaven axis point osahlavne

tell me if it worked smile.gif

no... its much smaller than the apache...cause the comanche is a small attack and observation helicopter.... the apache is a heavy attack chopper

art3f2.gif

B@zooka is correct... comanche is much smaller and lighter than the apache. from what i saw so far in the screenshots it appeared to be the correct size... keep up the great work biggrin.gif

it just looks bazzar on how tiny it is, what about the wings holding the weapon pods than? were those just fictional concepts that were never meant to be in the completed version? in real life i mean.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Nov. 08 2002,00:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what about the wings holding the weapon pods than?

were those just fictional concepts that were never meant to be in the completed version? in real life i mean.<span id='postcolor'>

I believe it's like this:

Main Gun

Weapons bay (the bay doors may be closed)

Detachable "Wings" upon which more weapons can be loaded.

The last of those are sometimes left off because they enlarge the radar signature, making the helo easier to detect.

Is stealth a concept that can be correctly implemented in OFP?

The comanche was after all designed to be a stealth helo.

Hi there. Thankz for all support. Here are some more early snaps:

4.jpg

1.jpg

More snaps at

this page .(images 1.jpg-8.jpg are new).

I want to make 3 versions, one "Scout";only gun and perhaps a rocket or two hidden behind the, hopefully, animated cargo bays, "Combat Air Patrol (CAP)" with loads of anti-aircraft missiles and one Ground Attack version with lots fireworks, the last two using extra stubwings.

Dunno If I can make true stealh, but maybe I can do something in the configfile that will make it harder for the AI to identify or spot.

Also, a full incomming missilesystem is planned with working flares. Got a guy working on this system and he tells me it  works great. He will also provide some great weaponary with missiles that explode 15m above ground only to releae a rain of smaller detonations over the enemy. Pretty cool stuff, I think.

Other things are custom animations, like working landinggear and other details. Will release more info when the time is right, for the moment just enjoy the shots. Yeah, version 1.85 is needed, but who hasnt got that one these days, eh wink.gif?

brsseb (ofp.info/brsseb)

This is a setup i remember from Commanche 3.

Recon version:

-no wings

-2 Hellfire missiles

-14 FFAR's

Heavy Version:

-wings

-any heavy stuff on it biggrin.gif

for ofp youll probably need to have one with just the gun and maybe some hellfires (that are hidden in 'the bays' and when you fire they drop (im sure theres a way to do this) so they then drop to below the commanche and fire) even though it would have to travel through the bodywork it might be one way to make a fully stealthy looking helo

Great work! Don't forget the new verticle wings on the horizontal stabalizer. For great pictures of the Comanche go to this web site.

It is Sykorsky's official Comanche site.

I had started on a model in Max but don't have the time to finish it. Your model looks great!

the newer screens look good ... but the front windows look a bit streched.... for the weapon loadout... i think the comanche would need a functional weapon bay which you can open and close... it would carry 2 hellfires and 1 stinger on each side

Hi

Still working on the project (which, of couse, is taking far more time than I had initially though). Now the cockpit is about done, only proper HUD is missing. The rockets (stingers and hellfires) are done. I need to remodel some parts of the heli because they had to few vertices and looked a bit blocky, but no real problems.

The news is that the heli will have some neat scripted features. Using some new tricks from v1.85, we can now have working MFD panels (using overlay dialogboxes) that can have all softs of usefull info and commands. It will have buttons on it for clicking trough the different MFD pages and will feature a true GPS map (!!wink.gif in one of them.

Have a look at my updated site for more info and lots of earlyshots of the comanche.

Currently Im working on the bay doors and trying to get them working properly. They can easily be animated, but not sure truly automatically like in computer game ComancheVSHokum (so usertriggered maybe). Other things are working animated landinggear, cool Hydrarockets and other neat features that my scripter might throw at it

brsseb (More shots here!!)

BRSSEBz: will you be able to make the landing gear retractable? what about the weapons bay? Thanks.

-Garrett

The missles on the commanche are on retractable wings. That are inside of it. And when they use them it opens up and folds out. Will it be like this in game?

that would be cool, have it set up so that they will open up when you switch to those missles, but is that possible, or will you have to set it up in a rather dumb way of having to bring up the menu, scroll to the "open weapon pods"?

Hi there

Sorry for not updating this post for a while. Dont worry the project is WELL under way. Look at my page for more info and pics: ofp.info/brsseb

rah66_comanche11.jpg

The comanche is at alphastage and about, hmmm, say 70% complete? Yes thats about it. Done January/february we hope. More info to come.

BRSSEB

The stinger is the FIM-92 Stinger

and the missle looks like this

stinger-ata.jpg

We`re in trouble guys..

The heli is almost done with scripts working perfectly, the MFD works smooth and the rockets are ace...

BUT

the scripts dont work in multiplayer crazy.gif

Can someone please answer the post about our scriptproblem? Its under the Config & Scripting section:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=25980

Our scripter has to study and dont have time to focus on the matter right now, so we need help from people who can get the scripts working in MP.

brsseb