jamez_5

Can't Open Created Mission

Hey fellas. I made a mission about 2 months ago and came back to keep editing it; however, I guess one of the mods got updated/edited and I can no longer open the mission. It gives me an error telling me I am missing an addon. Here is a pic I snagged. Is there anyway to delete this item needed via mission folder? or another way around this?

Image of Error

you can modify the mission.sqm

someone posted a fix under ace3 thread. 
First you downgrade the Ace3 and then save the mission in not binarized form and after that you will need to delete some lines in mission.sqm so that it will work with latest ace3 version

check the ace3 thread and you will find the solution

On 12/25/2016 at 7:20 AM, Devastator_cm said:

you can modify the mission.sqm

someone posted a fix under ace3 thread. 
First you downgrade the Ace3 and then save the mission in not binarized form and after that you will need to delete some lines in mission.sqm so that it will work with latest ace3 version

check the ace3 thread and you will find the solution

Can you post a link?

I also downloaded older versions of ACE and tried and still got the same error. 

Try restarting game/computer. Downgrade ace3?

Edited by patapes

7 hours ago, jamez_5 said:

Can you post a link?

I also downloaded older versions of ACE and tried and still got the same error. 

Have you tried unbinarizing the mission file and removing the offending addon ? 

I am clueless on how to unbinarizing a mission file is even done. Any help and I would appreciate it. 

When you save a mission in the editor, you get the window with your already saved missions, and the spot where you can name your mission,

below that where you type in the name it says:

"Binarize Scenario file"

Uncheck that box and then save the mission.

From there locate your mission, if its SP then it will be here

C:\Users\username\Documents\Arma 3\missions

Example, lets say your mission name was:    Assault_stratis

so your mission would be here C:\Users\username\Documents\Arma 3\missions\stratis\Assault_Stratis\mission.sqm

in the mission.sqm is what you want, open it with notepad and under addons which is at the top locate the name of the addon, and remove it.

You can also unbinarize your mission.sqm outside of Arma3 using Mikero's PBO tools.

Download and install the following tools at this link:

1. DePbo.5.66.0.14.Installer.exe
  2. DeOgg.1.00.5.24.Installer.exe
  3. Eliteness.3.45.5.49.Installer.exe

Then open up your mission.sqm using Eliteness.

Instructions on using Eliteness:

Spoiler

1. Start Eliteness (Start menu -> Mikero -> DePboTools -> Eliteness -> Eliteness)
  2. Navigate to your mission folder (File -> Open) and select your mission.sqm
  3. Save a copy of the unbinarized mission.sqm (File -> Save As) as mission_unbin.sqm
  4. Edit mission_unbin.sqm and remove the offending addons from addons[]
  5. Save a copy of mission.sqm just in case
  6. Replace mission.sqm with mission_unbin.sqm

Thanks. I can't even open the mission therefore can not save it as a  Binarize Scenario file Gunter Severloh.

you need to first downgrade your ace3 and then open the mission. 2 weeks ago I wrote how to fix the issue and gave the link actually :)

You can also debinarise it with the Arma3 tools if you have them installed.

Copy the mission.sqm to the desktop( just in case things go wrong so you are not working on the original ). Open a command prompt at the desktop..

"D:\Utils\SteamUtilities\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\CfgConvert\CfgConvert.exe" -txt -dst mission_source.sqm mission.sqm

Just replace the path with where your tools are. mission_source.sqm will be the debinarised file.

On 1/7/2017 at 3:46 AM, Devastator_cm said:

you need to first downgrade your ace3 and then open the mission. 2 weeks ago I wrote how to fix the issue and gave the link actually :)

I tried this. I actually downgraded twice to see if that worked, no luck. 

are you sure you downgraded to a version before ace sitting goes into acex?
If you downgrade correctly your original mission supposed to work and you could save it in not binarized mode to adjust the mission.sqm

I thought I downgraded correctly? i mean it seems like a simple process. Maybe I should triple check? 

On 1/5/2017 at 7:36 PM, dchan200 said:

You can also unbinarize your mission.sqm outside of Arma3 using Mikero's PBO tools.

Download and install the following tools at this link:

1. DePbo.5.66.0.14.Installer.exe
  2. DeOgg.1.00.5.24.Installer.exe
  3. Eliteness.3.45.5.49.Installer.exe

Then open up your mission.sqm using Eliteness.

Instructions on using Eliteness:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Start Eliteness (Start menu -> Mikero -> DePboTools -> Eliteness -> Eliteness)
  2. Navigate to your mission folder (File -> Open) and select your mission.sqm
  3. Save a copy of the unbinarized mission.sqm (File -> Save As) as mission_unbin.sqm
  4. Edit mission_unbin.sqm and remove the offending addons from addons[]
  5. Save a copy of mission.sqm just in case
  6. Replace mission.sqm with mission_unbin.sqm

I tried this however when i opened the editor the mission was no longer in the list. Any ideas?

@jamez_5

Make sure your mission folder has a mission.sqm file. Filename is not case sensitive, but it should be mission.sqm.

15 hours ago, dchan200 said:

@jamez_5

Make sure your mission folder has a mission.sqm file. Filename is not case sensitive, but it should be mission.sqm.

I did check and it was there and in sqm format 

@jamez_5

Not sure of the exact cause of your problem. Could you create a new mission and then copy all files from the original mission into this new mission folder? Make sure to use the same island you used in the original mission.

Let us know how that goes.