silola

X-Cam-Taunus Version 1.1

22 minutes ago, hotzenplotz said:

ah ok, will test it. I am not on with airplanes underway. :f:

Neither am I, I love helos but jets I just can't get a handle on...The reason I would like to get it fixed so I can add Dynamic Airport script to Wasteland or particular this map as it a huge airport and would love to see huge jetliners flying in an out of the airport. Since 64bit Arma 3 was released it has opened the ability to add all kind of stuff to our maps and modes such as Wasteland...

On 13.5.2017 at 5:58 PM, whatsupdoc_1_27 said:

Big problem at the south airport not sure about the northeast airport:

Taunus_Airport.jpg

Any vehicle that spawns or even driven over the pavement sinks underneath the white pavement. If a player dies all his items, loot and money cannot be seen because they are underneath the white pavement. If you spawn a plane on the pavement it will start rolling away by itself. I am thinking something with collision settings or something in the terrain editor.

Please fix this as this is causing huge issues on our Wasteland I created...

EDIT:
 So I just read up a few post that you guys are not planning on any future updates at this time. No good!!!

Second, you said you created non-solid pavement so now vehicles won't even drive over the white pavement? That doesn't even make any sense IMHO. I just wasted 2 weeks of converting this over to Wasteland..What a waste of my time...

in short...sorry that you´ve wasted your time.

We have had 2 possible ways to handle these objects..

NON Solid: Plane/Cars sinks in while driving on the surface, looks not perfect but it is working.

Solid: Plane/Cars drives on surface and will explode after 20 meters because it will collide with the next objects edges

please decide on your own what is the better solution.

i can´t reproduce the hopping or bumping.

characters are moving on top of the pavement and you can lay down while still on top of the tarmac object. but you maybe know the Arma physics...that is happening in that case i think.

another example destroy a house full of infantry, when the engine  does the last animation (character dead, falling to the ground) the bodies will still fly where they were before the collapse of the building.

so in the end we can´t do anything at this part.

Regards

Chaser

Just wondering but can't you re-mesh or edit only the terrain under the airport to fix that? or copy and paste the airport runway mesh/terrain from Altis or Stratis just for that section? 

I'm just thinking out loud as I would like to see it resolved on your awesome map.

1 hour ago, Valken said:

Just wondering but can't you re-mesh or edit only the terrain under the airport to fix that? or copy and paste the airport runway mesh/terrain from Altis or Stratis just for that section? 

I'm just thinking out loud as I would like to see it resolved on your awesome map.

it´s not simple as that buddy..

first you can´t copy and paste terrain.. and especially not from a diffrent map and second no you also can´t flatten the terrain without placing all objects new by hand, because all objects will stay in place.
i´m very sorry, but i think you have to live with it as it is

Noted. I wasn't sure how terrain was made. 

What about this idea as a comprimise - use a DAMAGED texture on those spots that are broken (not flat) so at least the user will know where to steer away from. I am unsure if you can see the mesh to determine. 

It would be like trying to get take off on a damaged runway. We know its bad but its our risk instead of a surprise. Not sure if the map can be updated that way or by adding a patch PBO.

1 minute ago, Valken said:

Noted. I wasn't sure how terrain was made. 

What about this idea as a comprimise - use a DAMAGED texture on those spots that are broken (not flat) so at least the user will know where to steer away from. I am unsure if you can see the mesh to determine. 

It would be like trying to get take off on a damaged runway. We know its bad but its our risk instead of a surprise. Not sure if the map can be updated that way or by adding a patch PBO.

the problem is, that it is not only the terrain texture or something. 

maybe we can place somekind of barrier but as i said before...atm this will not happen in the near future.

and there we go...thanks Bohemia...nice update...you fucked up stuff again. we do not have any custom sounds anymore.

that my friends is what makes modding so stressful and disgusting.

maybe we will have a documentation about all changes in half a year or so.

See you then

Chaser

• Like 3

Well we decided to scrub Taunus on our Wasteland server. Its a good map, great eye candy, but that is about it. Things like the airport pavement causes too many issues. Yesterday I decided to test it out more and just driving a jet at that airport caused the jet to blow up. Also, in Wasteland we have the ability to lock down objects on the map which uses the R3F addon. But after a month of converting this map to Wasteland we found out yesterday that whenever you step out of bounds of the map, in the black area of the map, its becomes harder to pick objects up, lock down objects and the further you move away from the map then the objects eventually become unusable meaning you cannot pick them up and move them nor can you lock them down. I know this is not your guys fault but an Arma 3 engine issue.

My suggestion is next time you guys create a map, make sure things work, mainly at the airports!!!! But I understand things happen so don't take my post as negative but as a positive one.

I use to build terrains and maps in games back in the days of Black Hawk Down, then in Joint Operations, and Battlefield 2 so I know what it takes to build these terrains and maps. I may end up learning how to do it in Arma 3...Photoshop is your best friend for terrain height maps...

One last question eh chaser. I know the limitation with x-cam working with 64bit is because inidb. Have you guys thought about using extDB3 instead which is 64bit compatible? Maybe give it a thought.

1 hour ago, whatsupdoc_1_27 said:

Well we decided to scrub Taunus on our Wasteland server. Its a good map, great eye candy, but that is about it. Things like the airport pavement causes too many issues. Yesterday I decided to test it out more and just driving a jet at that airport caused the jet to blow up. Also, in Wasteland we have the ability to lock down objects on the map which uses the R3F addon. But after a month of converting this map to Wasteland we found out yesterday that whenever you step out of bounds of the map, in the black area of the map, its becomes harder to pick objects up, lock down objects and the further you move away from the map then the objects eventually become unusable meaning you cannot pick them up and move them nor can you lock them down. I know this is not your guys fault but an Arma 3 engine issue.

sorry for wasting so much time :down:

My suggestion is next time you guys create a map, make sure things work, mainly at the airports!!!! But I understand things happen so don't take my post as negative but as a positive one.

I use to build terrains and maps in games back in the days of Black Hawk Down, then in Joint Operations, and Battlefield 2 so I know what it takes to build these terrains and maps.

absolutely not comparable :don14:

I may end up learning how to do it in Arma 3...Photoshop is your best friend for terrain height maps...

never done anything with photoshop for the heightmap..it is a real DEM heightmap and then sculpted by hand to the best result we can achive

One last question eh chaser. I know the limitation with x-cam working with 64bit is because inidb. Have you guys thought about using extDB3 instead which is 64bit compatible? Maybe give it a thought.

you will have to ask this to silola. I don´t know about any further x-cam updates, but should be working fine with 32 bit too, because we built taunus terrain with it :f:

Regards

Greetings..thought of posting this before I forget and somehow delete my screenshots.

duplicate

Spoiler

985a99ad9aa38675839bf5fe2e19b6c5.jpg

found below on map/grid

Spoiler

099fe886ccfd989b2bcd03d2a1c7303f.jpg

• Like 2

Yea there are other bugs I did not mention but hey thats the way the dice rolls. It wasn't a waste of time chaser, the more maps I convert to Wasteland the more experience I get with understanding Arma 3 scripting.

BTW Battlefield 2 tools at the time pretty much did it the same way Arma 3 does it now. I know what you are saying about Dem Heighmaps. But sometimes you need a good editor to smooth things out, like hard ridges. Place a steep ridge in a game and 99.9% of the time it looks like crap because of the texture is stretched. So thats where Photoshop or another editor comes into play, to smooth things ever. I roads that would start at ground level and go up into mountains all just by using Photoshop's gradient tools.

Yes I know there is no comparison to Arma 3 with these other games but believe it or not BIS builds their terrains they same way they did back in 2001-2002 whenever Operation Flashpoint was the game of all games back then. The way they do things now with the terrains is the same way they did it back then. Battlefield 2 worked the same way believe it or not. I built a Hong Kong, China map for Battlefield 2 back then.

Now there was a tool that was one of the best tools around but I cannot remember the name of it. You can random build heightmaps from this tool or port in a heightmap. Just cannot remember the name of that application.

Just FYI, if you notice BIS has only built Island Maps for Arma 3 and they are doing this for a reason so think about that whenever you think of your next terrain to build...Best of luck chaser and silola...

BTW I will start using x-cam tools to see how it works out. From my first impressions, its a fantastic tool.

• Like 1

I would be really interested in knowing about "progress" on finalizing this map, or what can be expected on final release (fixes etc.)

Regarding the large airport, in the southwest quadrant of the map, you can't drive out of the rear of the airport, since the vehicle is sunk, when
you try to exit, it's like hitting a wall. I added "ramps" to allow the vehicle to rise a bit on exit, getting over that hump. Works nicely. You can't
see them as they too sink into that pavement, but, they are there just under the pavement, and the vehicles can get out safely.

I'm running an Exile Taunus Server. My biggest issues have been with lag, due to the high number of items on the map, probably most likely
caused by the new buildings being comprised of individual parts. You can't really create loot positions for the building, as there is no class name
for the building. If you create a loot position for the individual components used, you end up with loot all over the map, where ever that part was used. 

So, I've had to omit the loot positions from many to most of the new buildings.

If anyone else reading this, is running an Exile Taunus server, I'd love to talk about what you've done, and will gladly share any information on what I've done.

Hopefully, the end result of the finalized map will not have some of the major issues causing the heavy lag, and poor fps (I do get 50 to 60 fps on this map,
but it's rare, and doesn't last long); average fps is about 20 to 30 at best.

2 hours ago, 5niper said:

I would be really interested in knowing about "progress" on finalizing this map, or what can be expected on final release (fixes etc.)

Regarding the large airport, in the southwest quadrant of the map, you can't drive out of the rear of the airport, since the vehicle is sunk, when
you try to exit, it's like hitting a wall. I added "ramps" to allow the vehicle to rise a bit on exit, getting over that hump. Works nicely. You can't
see them as they too sink into that pavement, but, they are there just under the pavement, and the vehicles can get out safely.

I'm running an Exile Taunus Server. My biggest issues have been with lag, due to the high number of items on the map, probably most likely
caused by the new buildings being comprised of individual parts. You can't really create loot positions for the building, as there is no class name
for the building. If you create a loot position for the individual components used, you end up with loot all over the map, where ever that part was used. 

If anyone else reading this, is running an Exile Taunus server, I'd love to talk about what you've done, and will gladly share any information on what I've done.

Hopefully, the end result of the finalized map will not have some of the major issues causing the heavy lag, and poor fps (I do get 50 to 60 fps on this map,

i think you'll just have to live with it on how the buildings have been created and the heavy performance hit as its really, really detailed.

the loot stuff is rather specific to game types such as exile so not reallly the main stream goal such as coop play the map was originally designed to work with i would think, thus can't really do anything about it.

19 hours ago, 5niper said:

"progress" is...that we want you all to post bugs as some of you have done it before.

Best thing is to do a screenshot of the issue and the map location.

we try to collect as much as we can with the help of all of you.

after this stage we will try to fix as much as we can BUT...don´t expect too much magic in terms of performance or so called lag.

As to your loot position question. it is right that u can´t use the buildings which were created from many multiple single objects for loot positions. 

You have 3 ways to handle this.

1. Load Exile Expansion from steam workshop. Salutesh has made some magic with containers for these buildings. Click ME!

2. Use only the new "all in one" buildings with a classname

3. don´t use any of these buildings at all for loot positions.

Kind Regards

Chaser

ah! Yes. I have been posting about bugs, and with screenshots, but to silola, by "message". He said that was good way to do it.
But from what you're telling me now, maybe post it in here instead? 

23 hours ago, 5niper said:

ah! Yes. I have been posting about bugs, and with screenshots, but to silola, by "message". He said that was good way to do it.
But from what you're telling me now, maybe post it in here instead? 

if you find more things post it here please :-)

I have a question. I've noticed some people running this map, are also using CUP CWA. I'm not using CUP CWA. Is there an advantage, or some other reason why some are using CUP CWA for this map?

On 6/21/2017 at 9:26 AM, hotzenplotz said:

No CWA is not required

Thanks. I didn't think so. Just that when I saw that, I wondered what the deal was. :grinning:

Greetings, some more misplaced objects.

floating table and shelf at grid 187/108

Spoiler

e0daa0fb87d8e45210cc13da0e3dbbcd.png

Spoiler

c50ba9d23ed7999049066d2ccdf4df06.png

• Like 1

Hi @eh chaser, my questions are;

Are the placed house's  you guys placed, have the ability to be locked?

The hospital, in Konigstein is bugged. As I am doing a Life Server (releasing today) when a medic spawns there, he spawns in the ground. Same goes for any vehicle spawned near that hospital.

7 hours ago, P.ril said:

Hi @eh chaser, my questions are;

Are the placed house's  you guys placed, have the ability to be locked?

The hospital, in Konigstein is bugged. As I am doing a Life Server (releasing today) when a medic spawns there, he spawns in the ground. Same goes for any vehicle spawned near that hospital.

Hi Pril,

the functionalities of the buildings depends on the building itself. If the building has the ability to be locked  (like all vanilla houses) then it will work on taunus too.

I´m not sure about Cup buildings.

I think the houses made by Deox did not have this ability atm.

The hospital is not the issue. We built some buildings on top of some custom made structures. If you spawn a unit it will spawn on the ground and not on the object itself. Try to move your spawn to a diffrent location nearby or try to spawn it with some command in the init like "this setPosALT".

Regards

Chaser

56 minutes ago, eh chaser said:

Hi Pril,

the functionalities of the buildings depends on the building itself. If the building has the ability to be locked  (like all vanilla houses) then it will work on taunus too.

I´m not sure about Cup buildings.

I think the houses made by Deox did not have this ability atm.

The hospital is not the issue. We built some buildings on top of some custom made structures. If you spawn a unit it will spawn on the ground and not on the object itself. Try to move your spawn to a diffrent location nearby or try to spawn it with some command in the init like "this setPosALT".

Regards

Chaser

Ahh ok, ill try that at a later stage. I just moved the hospital part of the framework to another hospital nearby. In regards to the housing, I always assumed if the house can be opened it can be locked etc, most of the house's on the map can be opened, with the life framework, all I basically need to do is get there pos, and find the light pos etc. Which I have mostly working atm. Its a great map overall, I have experienced the airport issue, but I landed a Blackfish there and took off again without any issues. So with some of the above replies, Im not sure what they are talking about lol.

But in reply to them, if the air vehicle takes damage, just make a code part that gets called when the vehicle is within X metres of the runway, then if it is, disable the damage until they are no longer near it again.

eg: if(vehicle player distance _markerName < X) then {vehicle player allowDamage false;};

Hello, i have a problem. I also post this message on the Steam WorkShop of  Taunus. I can't use this map with my mods and my game crash but all is ok when i play without mods. Also with only one modded car. So someone know how to help me please ? And i would use this map for my french-belgian server. 

So thanks in advance for solving my problem, and tell me if I am in the possibility of using your card.
Regards, Lucas

(Sorry for my English, i was bad at school ;) )