silola

X-Cam-Taunus Version 1.1

3 hours ago, filotelist said:

currently does not work with infistar (exile mod,It works only admin panel) 

If all the functions infistar---

12:35:34 Virtual memory total 4095 MiB (4294836224 B)
12:35:34 Virtual memory free 123 MiB (129544192 B)
12:35:34 Physical memory free 1264 MiB (1325649920 B)
12:35:34 Page file free 9127 MiB (9570693120 B)
12:35:34 Process working set 3406 MiB (3571998720 B)
12:35:34 Process page file used 3706 MiB (3886731264 B)
12:35:34 Longest free VM region: 3932160 B
12:35:34 VM busy 4182679552 B (reserved 142716928 B, committed 4039962624 B, mapped 68214784 B), free 112156672 B
12:35:34 Small mapped regions: 28, size 131072 B
ErrorMessage: Out of memory (requested 0 KB).
  footprint 3273859072 KB.
  pages 147456 KB.

12:35:34 DX11 error : CreateTexture failed : E_OUTOFMEMORY

on all the other maps all works well

can somebody help me with this problem? there is still someone else is a problem? I will be very grateful))

sorry for my English)

start----noPause -enableHT -autoinit -nosplash -high -port=2302 "-config=instance_exile.Tanus\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_exile.Tanus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_exile.Tanus" "-name=Exile" "-servermod=@ExileServer;" "-mod=@ADK;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@CUP_Terrains_Maps;@Exile;@RHSAFRF;@RHSGREF;@RHSUSAF;@RHSSAF;@xCam_Taunus;" -loadMissionToMemory

p.s  I am a long time administrator, I never experienced such a problem

First...again...IF u have issues with other mods, please ask in the mod forums of exile or ask the infistar dev.

yes we know taunus is hardware demanding, but it is possible to run it with exile and also with infistar (tested on my own end).

Regards

Chaser

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eh chaser said:

First...again...IF u have issues with other mods, please ask in the mod forums of exile or ask the infistar dev.

yes we know taunus is hardware demanding, but it is possible to run it with exile and also with infistar (tested on my own end).

Regards

Chaser

exactly the same fashion set on my other server. Only another a map,for this reason, I wrote in this topic

Thank you for taking the time to answer quickly))

I just finished loot items for this map, the problem was discovered after that)

p.s  if KYLE_MODE = true; everything works well

Edited by filotelist

I did quite some testing with the VCOM AI driving  script on the new Taunus map and i gotta say its alot better than bohemias driving ai (running the latest 64bit dev version). There seems to be minor issues from time to time with some new objects that seem to be introduced with taunus (for example new trees). I tried checking the code but couldnt really find out how you could possible fix this on VCOM AI side. maybe its a problem with the new objects, not registered correctly?    _nearestObject = nearestObject [_Position, "ALL"];  it seems like they dont get picked up by this function. I reported this to the vcom team aswell. would be awesome if we could fix this.

On 19.02.2017 at 1:10 AM, Johnny Drama said:

I did quite some testing with the VCOM AI driving  script on the new Taunus map and i gotta say its alot better than bohemias driving ai (running the latest 64bit dev version). There seems to be minor issues from time to time with some new objects that seem to be introduced with taunus (for example new trees). I tried checking the code but couldnt really find out how you could possible fix this on VCOM AI side. maybe its a problem with the new objects, not registered correctly?    _nearestObject = nearestObject [_Position, "ALL"];  it seems like they dont get picked up by this function. I reported this to the vcom team aswell. would be awesome if we could fix this.

Some textures are defined as 3.pd.   A.i can not see them. 

Maybe the reason for this is?

sorry for my English

With the release of Arma 1.68, the first thing I did was load up Taunus. Playing on 64 bit really helped on this map. Before I couldn't really play at night very long, FPS would plummet down to 3 to 5. I couldn't record video day or night on 32-bit, it would instantly CTD. On 64 bit I recorded video several times without issue, at night, in a rain storm, with almost no FPS drop. My PC is no slouch either, it has a high end i5 with a GTX 980, so I was always frustrated trying to do anything on this map before. And I really want to play missions on it. Very happy with 64 bit Arma, seems to have resolved my problems on this map.

• Like 7

After some testing i think we are happy with the results overall. The map runs more fluid now and i like to fly with a helicopter and a huge viewdistance.

I hope u guys will enjoy the TAUNUS map now more than before..

Thank u BI to bring the engine to the 64 bit level.

Regards

Chaser

• Like 6

I can confirm that the 64bit update was really good for taunus, i enjoy more fps than before.

did any of you dudes got a working exileserverconfig?

my lootspots are flying around 1m in the air or are down the surface sometimes.

but my player still enjoy the great enviroment -

danke für die wirklich sehr gute arbeit!

cheers

grüße

f

can some one give a list of grids where military base\outpost are?, besides the 2 Major ones on the map

Bonjour j'ai un souci avec le cup il me dit qu'il manque cup building2 data ça fait 2 fois que je télécharge tout les com est ces toi jour pareil agaçait vous une idées merci

2 hours ago, morgan66300 said:

Bonjour j'ai un souci avec le cup il me dit qu'il manque cup building2 data ça fait 2 fois que je télécharge tout les com est ces toi jour pareil agaçait vous une idées merci

English, si vous plait

But from what I can tell, have you tried download CUP complete?  Or Core + Maps + CWA?  Also where did you download it from?  Did you try downloading Taunus/CUP again?  Probably need to give more information.

I'm really looking forward to play Wasteland on this map soon. Well done everyone.

• Like 1

the landscape is beautiful ,but many of buildings is inaccessible, especially the apartment ,what a bummer it is i thought some of surface color of building didnt blend in the surrounding environment and why i t appears to hv low ressolution when i take a close look at the surface  hope dev will revamp it 

Edited by arma3holic

5 hours ago, arma3holic said:

the landscape is beautiful ,but many of buildings is inaccessible, especially the apartment ,what a bummer it is i thought some of surface color of building didnt blend in the surrounding environment and why i t appears to hv low ressolution when i take a close look at the surface  hope dev will revamp it 

thank you.

what kind of building do you mean?

in general we have to keep some buildings which are non enterable because of two reasons.

First: they look good and are fitting the environment

Second: an enterable building will have way more polygons and surfaces which means, that it will eat more performance and performance is the most told fact that "makes taunus senseless" and whatever, that some of the community hates us for

Regards

Chaser

• Like 3

Hello! I noticed that the North airfield runway subjected to damage. It can be destroyed and then parts of runway flipped vertically. It is fixable?

On 4.5.2017 at 11:49 AM, Dozhmat said:

Hello! I noticed that the North airfield runway subjected to damage. It can be destroyed and then parts of runway flipped vertically. It is fixable?

Problem is that this runway is not made only as textures. it´s made as objects.

so if you have it as object you have two possible ways how to handle it.
first: make it solid = problem is, that your aircraft/vehicle will get damage or get destroyed when driving over it
Second: make it non solid = you can drive "on" it and nothing will happen.
problem is, these things behaving diffrent on "giving" damage to your vehicle or getting damage to itself with explosion damage.

there is nothing we can do about it without changing it to "your  vehicle will get destroyed"

i hope you understand my approach to explain it ;-)

Regards

Chaser

Any plans to replace default foliage with Tanoa trees and foliage?

question, if there is anymore work going in to this map or not as I've been noting down some more missplaced objects and such as i play around this map but wasn't sure if you guys were considering doing something about those or not.

if not, not big deal as I'll stop noting them down.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Arma3_JSOC said:

Any plans to replace default foliage with Tanoa trees and foliage?

No plans to replace trees or anything with apex stuff, because we want it to be "apex depency free".

17 hours ago, yukihito23 said:

question, if there is anymore work going in to this map or not as I've been noting down some more missplaced objects and such as i play around this map but wasn't sure if you guys were considering doing something about those or not.

if not, not big deal as I'll stop noting them down.

after putting this beauty out to the players we all needed a break from arma and especially taunus:f:

but it is NOT trown in the trashbin, so who knows what is happenning in the future :-)
but if you write down all the stuff we would be happy to fix most of the issues on a later date.

Thanks for your help in finding bugs anyway.

Regards

Chaser

Big problem at the south airport not sure about the northeast airport:

Taunus_Airport.jpg

Any vehicle that spawns or even driven over the pavement sinks underneath the white pavement. If a player dies all his items, loot and money cannot be seen because they are underneath the white pavement. If you spawn a plane on the pavement it will start rolling away by itself. I am thinking something with collision settings or something in the terrain editor.

Please fix this as this is causing huge issues on our Wasteland I created...

EDIT:
 So I just read up a few post that you guys are not planning on any future updates at this time. No good!!!

Second, you said you created non-solid pavement so now vehicles won't even drive over the white pavement? That doesn't even make any sense IMHO. I just wasted 2 weeks of converting this over to Wasteland..What a waste of my time...

39 minutes ago, whatsupdoc_1_27 said:

Big problem at the south airport not sure about the northeast airport:

Taunus_Airport.jpg

Any vehicle that spawns or even driven over the pavement sinks underneath the white pavement. If a player dies all his items, loot and money cannot be seen because they are underneath the white pavement. If you spawn a plane on the pavement it will start rolling away by itself. I am thinking something with collision settings or something in the terrain editor.

Please fix this as this is causing huge issues on our Wasteland I created...

EDIT:
 So I just read up a few post that you guys are not planning on any future updates at this time. No good!!!

Second, you said you created non-solid pavement so now vehicles won't even drive over the white pavement? That doesn't even make any sense IMHO. I just wasted 2 weeks of converting this over to Wasteland..What a waste of my time...

Hello, is this a custom made plane ?

9 minutes ago, hotzenplotz said:

Its the cessna plane from APEX

39 minutes ago, Foxone said:

Its the cessna plane from APEX

ah ok, will test it. I am not on with airplanes underway. :f:

1 hour ago, hotzenplotz said:

No its Arma 3 plane, I just retextured. ALL planes and jets and vehicles do this...

Just spawn a jet or plane somewhere and then land at that airport then pull up to the tarmac and you will see the wheels are always under the floor, everywhere, runway and the white pavement. I just tested it over and over still same result. You guys forgot a setting in the terrain editor...It happens but still great map overall. I also notice that the vehicle, jet or plane will have this wiggle (can't think of the word) action to it. Its a collision issue, seen it many times before....