silola

X-Cam-Taunus Version 1.1

11 minutes ago, tortuosit said:

Hi guys, is there something wrong here or is this the way the map looks? I am on dev branch and I use Arma x64 build, first and last one is with only minimum requirements, xcam + CUP mod.

(This is just way too bright for me.)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=833524156

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=833524114

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=833524067

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=833524031

Mate, there are so many ways to change the look of Arma (in game),

So please try all these settings in order to find the best values for you.

And as we said many times before ... since the Arma 3 lighting update Taunus looks not as good as before

and we are not happy with the result, but anyway ... we can't go back.

Silola

• Like 2

Alright alright, sorry for my writing... I'm fiddling with some arma internal ppfx now, which makes it look alright except some unnaturally bright looking bushes, but it is what it is I guess.

We are still working on the first update and we are thinking about a steam workshop release :)

Silola

• Like 4

Also in game gamma means nothing if your monitor aint set up right, a players in game gamma of 0.6 could be the same as another players 0.2 or 0.9 depending on what brightness/gamma there monitor or tv screen is set at.

3 minutes ago, daytrader said:

Also in game gamma means nothing if your monitor aint set up right [...]

Yes. But I posted screenshots.

I believe that is by design so that it has a new rooftop look.

4 hours ago, silola said:

Mate, there are so many ways to change the look of Arma (in game),

So please try all these settings in order to find the best values for you.

And as we said many times before ... since the Arma 3 lighting update Taunus looks not as good as before

and we are not happy with the result, but anyway ... we can't go back.

Silola

I must say, some players from my group(me included) encounter the same problem. it has nothing to do with the way Arma is set up. When i first tried out the map, i didn´t have this problem but later on it was there an stayed. This way too bright light is only on Taunus. If i go to the editor and select Taunus and then another map( even CUP_terrains), only Taunus is too bright. I didn´t change my settings and even if i would( i tested it), you can´t get rid of the brightness. Since it happens only on Taunus, i must assume that it is a Problem with this addon.

Maybe it has something to do with the ingame date, i don´t know, but it would be cool if you guys would check that and try to reproduce this error and check if the lighting has to be changed in some way.

3 hours ago, mcgough said:

The Neu-Anspach hotel appears to have an unwanted guest

Reveal hidden contents

bbf6228b26.jpg

1 hour ago, ski2060 said:

I believe that is by design so that it has a new rooftop look.

yep it is by design...maybe we can built some nice "construction site" art around the bottom in further patches, but not atm

2 hours ago, kickapoo0 said:

I must say, some players from my group(me included) encounter the same problem.

Maybe it is still possible that is about CUP? I use core+maps/PW6. Is it possible there is something different to cup_terrain complete?

I have seen Taunus videos on YouTube and indeed it seems not everybody has this strong map brightness. 

Since all our players download CUP_terrains from the same source, i doubt this could be it. The thing is, that some have the issue and some do not. I don´t know what i should think about it. maybe it is Taunus, maybe it is something else. We should definitely solve that problem though.

Missed the initial release due to my vacation, but damn, this drastically exceeded my expectations. Well done to everyone who worked on this terrain, as it is absolutely fantastic!

10 hours ago, kickapoo0 said:

Since all our players download CUP_terrains from the same source, i doubt this could be it. The thing is, that some have the issue and some do not. I don´t know what i should think about it. maybe it is Taunus, maybe it is something else. We should definitely solve that problem though.

I think the same effekt is on Beketov map. Same as here. Only very few people reporting it. The Beketov author did IIRC not react to the reports.

22 hours ago, coftsock said:

Here is Lootpositions for those wanting them.

Are these realy all buildigs classes?

Nice work mate!

I have seen videos and photos of this and it looks absolutely amazing. You have done some great work here.

However, I have been unable to start it myself.

Whenever I load the map I get an error sign saying.

Bad version 73 in P3d file

xcam/xcam_groundelements/beton_zement_6m.p3d

45 minutes ago, paecmaker said:

I have seen videos and photos of this and it looks absolutely amazing. You have done some great work here.

However, I have been unable to start it myself.

Whenever I load the map I get an error sign saying.

Bad version 73 in P3d file

xcam/xcam_groundelements/beton_zement_6m.p3d

please update your game to 1.66...

I found a gas station in Riedelbach 023194, but my GTI can't get over the concrete driveway. Just passing it along in case it's not known yet.

_gtiGas.jpg

5 hours ago, AZCoder said:

I found a gas station in Riedelbach 023194, but my GTI can't get over the concrete driveway. Just passing it along in case it's not known yet.

_gtiGas.jpg

maybe u should drive an offroad vehicle next time ;-)

thanks for reporting.

• Like 1

Please do NOT upload any more versions on Steam Workshop.

We did not provide such a link because we want to have a patch applied before.

So please be patient  and wait until we upload it by ourselves soon™.

Regards

Chaser 

Hi,

Taunus version 1.1 is now available !!!

See first posting (lower section)

Have fun :)

Silola

• Like 5

3 hours ago, eh chaser said:

Please do NOT upload any more versions on Steam Workshop.

We did not provide such a link because we want to have a patch applied before.

So please be patient  and wait until we upload it by ourselves soon™.

Regards

Chaser 

I can´t believe people act like this. Specialy those who have 10 server rules by their own.

They don´t accept the rules of BI and the  modders but will their rules to be accepted ?

In my eyes this is a heavy disrespect to the artwork from all modders. It is a crime to the art.

We should all disrepect them and BI should react to this. Otherwise there wont be great free releases like this one anymore longer.

Sorry but Iam really pissed of, forgive me.

p.s. Thx for the update to this wonderful terrain ! I feel much better now don´t need to sip some shots.

• Like 8

The worst thing is that authors of every single popular addon have to deal with such bull poop - I'd be curious to see how many DMCA have been filled since Arma3 Workshop is online...

As a modder those guys are really getting on my nerves - it is to the point that I'm considering holding on my updates as long as nothing changes in that regard...

For me the SW adds more stress than anything really.

As long as "mod-jackers" aren't banned from Steam (or at least, banned from uploading items - how hard can it be?), this simply won't stop.

• Like 7