silola

X-Cam-Taunus Version 1.1

Again congratulations for the release.
Thank you very very much for the countless hours you`ve spend to give us this unbelievable great map.

You created a new standard.

Thank you.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, haleks said:

Exactly! That place alone is huge, when I saw it, I was like : "Oh noooo, it's going to take me hours to create a scenario in there!" :D

I don't care whether it's "realistic" or not; that beauty will be some kind of base for me. I want to live there. :)

My guys have been testing it out a bit over the last few days.

I am still experiencing complete clientside lockups while running this map on my server.  I don't know if it is an Achilles related issue or just the map at this point.  When I go to my process manager I show at almost 3GB of RAM, 20% CPU, and it will be completely frozen. 

Right now all graphics are set to Ultra or High for the most part.  I brought my view distances down to 1000 Meters for better FPS. 
I don't know if it's just terrain loading or what. 

The mission is a simple Zeus template with player slots.  Not a single placed AI until done with Zeus.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

14 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

I am still experiencing complete clientside lockups while running this map on my server.  I don't know if it is an Achilles related issue or just the map at this point.  When I go to my process manager I show at almost 3GB of RAM, 20% CPU, and it will be completely frozen. 

Right now all graphics are set to Ultra or High for the most part.  I brought my view distances down to 1000 Meters for better FPS. 

The mission is a simple Zeus template with player slots.  Not a single placed AI until done with Zeus.

Yes actually-I had similar issues just tootling around the island in a jet in the editor.

What can I do about this: 

Vw0AP2e.png

I redownloaded and unpacked a few times to make sure the package is ok. But still I get this.
I use CUP from Steam - is that the error?

2 hours ago, ski2060 said:

2 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Yes actually-I had similar issues just tootling around the island in a jet in the editor.

i´ve got same lockups on tanoa from time to time...in some cases it helps to check the pagefile size in your windows installation.. arma seems to use a lot of harddrive space for saving graphic stuff.

same thing was in the devbranch 64 bit thread on the forums

achilles is a diffrent story...i´m using it on my own and there was an issue with it atm if i remember correctly...

1 hour ago, Solano said:

What can I do about this: 

Vw0AP2e.png

I redownloaded and unpacked a few times to make sure the package is ok. But still I get this.
I use CUP from Steam - is that the error?

strange..this error is not present on my end...try to redownload taunus. it is not a cup issue at this point.

do you have apex dlc installed?

you can also use this mirror: Download here

We are still in the stage of fixing most of the release issues and try to solve as much as we can from rpt errors and so on...but it takes a lot of motivation and individual work from every content creator.
So please relax and enjoy the holidays while we are still working hard.

Best Regards

Chaser

• Like 1

Hey big issue, Placing down default Arma 3 enemy CSAT units, and alot of them just die, like literally just place them and they drop dead on the spot, same for blufor, and civilians

31 minutes ago, officialxtreme said:

Hey big issue, Placing down default Arma 3 enemy CSAT units, and alot of them just die, like literally just place them and they drop dead on the spot, same for blufor, and civilians

have you tried placing those guys on another places on the map and did they died instantly as well?

can you specify a little more detailed where you´ve placed those guys?

2 minutes ago, memphisbelle said:

have you tried placing those guys on another places on the map and did they died instantly as well?

can you specify a little more detailed where you´ve placed those guys?

It's literally everywhere, sometimes 1 or two stay alive, but it's literally everywhere, in fields, roads, runways etc

3 minutes ago, officialxtreme said:

It's literally everywhere, sometimes 1 or two stay alive, but it's literally everywhere, in fields, roads, runways etc

Its strange and its hard to say why this happens, have you tried other maps? The thing is that this kind of issue has actually never been reported before, so you should check some other possibilities like certain mods that are in any sort of incompatible to each other (if this is possible at all), Gameversion or other things. Sorry thats all that I (we) can say for the moment. May be someone else has an idea what can cause this issue. But it must be somethings on your side.

Nope, everything works fine on any other map, all of the addons have worked for weeks, on any map, only on Taunus we have this issue, it's all of us too, not just myself

22 minutes ago, officialxtreme said:

Nope, everything works fine on any other map, all of the addons have worked for weeks, on any map, only on Taunus we have this issue, it's all of us too, not just myself

are you placing them through the editor and then playing the scenario?

I just plotted down blufor, opfor squads in mostly vanilla eden and played but they went on their ways.

might be one of your mods.

as well, ive been running this map on my server but all the AI missions that i have spawn from scripts are running fine on all factions.

Edited by yukihito23

1 hour ago, yukihito23 said:

are you placing them through the editor and then playing the scenario?

I just plotted down blufor, opfor squads in mostly vanilla eden and played but they went on their ways.

might be one of your mods.

as well, ive been running this map on my server but all the AI missions that i have spawn from scripts are running fine on all factions.

I'm Placing them through Zeus

beautiful map, from a great team of people with a great tool do to it with from the very same guys.

and kudos to the cup team too.

• Like 7

Map is too detailed for its own good.....Getting out of memory errors when trying to load it. And yes i dont have memory limit startup parameters on

@eh chaser

for the signature issues: repack pbos with current tools (makepbo or BI tools)

p3d type 73 issue: means the person doesn't run 1.66

• Like 3

18 hours ago, eh chaser said:

strange..this error is not present on my end...try to redownload taunus. it is not a cup issue at this point.

do you have apex dlc installed?

Yes I have. Is this a problem?

you can also use this mirror: Download here

I tried every source from this thread. But I still get exactly the same error.

I installed the full 11gig cup thing as well last night but no cure...

If I can get this solved by myself somehow I let you guys know of course but so far I am out of ideas really.

We are still in the stage of fixing most of the release issues and try to solve as much as we can from rpt errors and so on...but it takes a lot of motivation and individual work from every content creator.
So please relax and enjoy the holidays while we are still working hard.

Best Regards

Chaser

@Solano:

do you have seen this post?

8 hours ago, .kju said:

@eh chaser

for the signature issues: repack pbos with current tools (makepbo or BI tools)

p3d type 73 issue: means the person doesn't run 1.66

Please check your current Arma version !!!

Silola

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, silola said:

@Solano:

do you have seen this post?

Please check your current Arma version !!!

Silola

What the hell!
I am running 1.64 for some unknown reason!

Will fix this immediately - thank you very much silola.

• Like 1

Hello, First let me just say thank you for sharing this mod. Second, Apologies if this has been asked before.

My question is, Will this be released on the steam workshop?

Myself and many others would be absolutely stoked if so.

Cheers.

28 minutes ago, TacticalDropBear said:

Hello, First let me just say thank you for sharing this mod. Second, Apologies if this has been asked before.

My question is, Will this be released on the steam workshop?

Myself and many others would be absolutely stoked if so.

Cheers.

On 27.12.2016 at 0:51 AM, eh chaser said:

First we will fix as much as we can.

Second we will do other things...

we want to let u guys play on it...explore it...and love it...

but we have taken our time to built it and we will take our time to patch it and release it on other sources.

Good night :-)

Chaser

• Like 2

18 hours ago, officialxtreme said:

I'm Placing them through Zeus

I used Zeus to plot down AI through @SLZ on my server and they seemed fine.

tried in field as well as in town.