silola

X-Cam-Taunus Version 1.1

9 hours ago, mcgough said:

Superb work, really impressed! Although i'm having a server key issue i'm hoping somebody could help me with? I have copied over all of the included bikeys from the 'server_keys' folder but i cannot seem to join the server running the map as i receive the following ingame error:

Reveal hidden contents

07f65908b0.png

My client rpt logs the same error:

Reveal hidden contents

Warning Message: Files "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@xCam_Taunus\addons\mbg_buildings_2.pbo", "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@xCam_Taunus\addons\plp_beachobjects.pbo", "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@xCam_Taunus\addons\plp_containers.pbo", "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@xCam_Taunus\addons\plp_rmairport.pbo", "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@xCam_Taunus\addons\taunusobjects.pbo", "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@xCam_Taunus\addons\xcam_glass.pbo", ... are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys.

is the Taunus download missing some bikeys or am i missing something glaringly obvious?

we will have a look at the files and try to tackle it...

as soon we have fixed the key issue we will let u guys know here in the forums

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kickapoo0 said:

This might be the most beautiful map Arma has ever seen! Superb work guys! As we all expected it is rather difficult for Arma to handle this, so i hope you find the time, after the holidays, to bring us the lite version of it.

A thank you isn´t enough for this but still worth to mention.

Thanks guys and happy holidays to all of you

I doubt there is a lite version in the works. It probably won't be needed anyway once Arma3 64 bits is released : it should help a lot for the most demanding terrains.

Patience guys.

• Like 1

Probably the best map ever in Armaverse! Of course nobody expected to run this map without any performance issues but still this map should be voted as one of the candidates for map of the century.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, nikiforos said:

Probably the best map ever in Armaverse! Of course nobody expected to run this map without any performance issues but still this map should be voted as one of the candidates for map of the century.

Thanks!

I want to have a make arma not war contest 2.0 now :f:

thanks for all the kind words...makes us very happy while collecting feedback and looking for fixing these feedback the issues from the feedback...^^

• Like 2

Just now, eh chaser said:

I want to have a make arma not war contest 2.0 now :f:

thanks for all the kind words...makes us very happy while collecting feedback and looking for fixing these feedback

Cheers heres the 1st price for the map, next possible winner not seen until 2035 :don12:

Glad you finaly released it! Love the map so much!

Is it possible to host the map on a server? I installed all server keys but still cant connect to the Map:

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4581/rene6yr2_jpg.htm

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4581/dtaybb7h_jpg.htm

I want to make a version for the Exile Mod of this Map :)

• Like 1

Awesome job guys. The terminal also really looks great. Some specs op missions with hostage rescue could be done there eh :D

• Like 1

thanks a lot for the release I've been waiting for so long. probably the most detailed map I've seen which came out from the community.

as "mcgough" mentioned about the bikeys, I get this as well when I run it on my test server.

I've bypassed it by giving no values for onUnsignedData for now. (as it's a private test server)

Some info I've seen so far, when I run it on my server, I see around 38000 lines within the first 20 minutes of server boot.

Placement slopelandcontact failed on model ******\******.p3d. Missing landcontact or no points in it.

as well, around 3000 or so lines like below.

******\********.p3d: house, config class missing

it seems due to above two, my prt logs usually go up to 5MB and it takes the server around 20min to fully boot to playable status.

There were a couple of clipping locations where player unit gets stuck on the map but I'll go get screenshots of them and report later on.

Either way, awesome map.

Edited by yukihito23

Incredible map here!! I found Fiona's Irish Pub and when I opened the door a little bell chimed!! I was blown away lol. Your attention to detail is without competition. Fantastic job!!!

Now I gotta get a beefier PC so I can play on higher settings...

• Like 1

Little Statement...i´ve tried it the whole day and i´m still on it..

we have some issues with server keys. especially with the mbg 2 things...i´ve tried several versions with diffrent bisign and bikeys..but still get errors.

So till now i don´t have a solution, but i want to let you guys know that we are working pretty hard to tackle these issues and we will report back ASAP when we found a solution. In the meantime i can only please you to be patient and wait for further infos from our side.

Best Regards

Chaser

• Like 2

I've been on it a bit since yesterday and have it running on my unit's experimental server.  I keep it passworded and set for unverified keys so have had no problems with keys. 

The issues we're seeing are complete lockups on some people's machines.  I had system lockups running the map after I had been on it with variable lengths of time.  I mean, black screen that I couldn't ALT-TAB out of.  I could only get to the CTRL-ALT-DEL menu to do a hard restart when it happened. 
Also, like most other people, are the FPS issues.  We understand that things will be tweaked as it is being worked the last little bit.  Dunno if it will help, but maybe a reduction of some trees in the very densest forest areas?

I am running all the needed mods for it (CUP Full), along with our unit's normal mod list. 

The map itself is extremely nice looking.  We are exploring it, and just trying to think of good scenarios for it.  Keep up the great work.  I think this map will become a cornerstone map of A3 play in all play styles.

EDIT: server RPT.  hopefully will show issues causing my lockups.  my systems is W10, i5-6600K, 16gb DDR3000, GTX 1070, 2x SSD.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4CmmU0JFMEkNUdFR0NZZEMwRmM

On 12/25/2016 at 5:31 AM, bek said:

Awww yiss. Been looking forward to this. Any plans for steam workshop version?

Yup steam version please, cheers

50 minutes ago, daytrader said:

Yup steam version please, cheers

First we will fix as much as we can.

Second we will do other things...

we want to let u guys play on it...explore it...and love it...

but we have taken our time to built it and we will take our time to patch it and release it on other sources.

Good night :-)

Chaser

Thankyou :)

8 minutes ago, eh chaser said:

First we will fix as much as we can.

Second we will do other things...

we want to let u guys play on it...explore it...and love it...

but we have taken our time to built it and we will take our time to patch it and release it on other sources.

Good night :-)

Chaser

10 hours ago, Aebian said:

Awesome job guys. The terminal also really looks great. Some specs op missions with hostage rescue could be done there eh :D

Yep only went to that terminal but man......dat terminal...outrageous quality

There are a pair of gas stations off the highway on the eastern end of the map, but they don't seem to have fuel. Were there plans to add any more gas stations to the map? They seem to be lacking :)

14 minutes ago, AZCoder said:

There are a pair of gas stations off the highway on the eastern end of the map, but they don't seem to have fuel. Were there plans to add any more gas stations to the map? They seem to be lacking :)

The problem will be fixed with the next update

• Like 1

Excellent work on this masterpiece.
But forgive to FPS from 120 to 25!

20 minutes ago, 3ZUB said:

Excellent work on this masterpiece.
But forgive to FPS from 120 to 25!

But from 0 to 5.658.123 objects. :whistle:

• Like 6

"EPIC" !!!

Such a huge map and then this amazing amount of detail providing locations for nearly all kind of scenarios :)  ( the airport would be a map on its own in other games)

Hope you will find the time to add all the small details like footstep sounds, dust and different ambient sounds later on.

thx a lot

btw it runs fine for me without CUP Terrains ( just one warning about missing desert stones clutter)

Expect a full review soon like i said, however, before that. can we know the locations of all military areas please Thanks :)

6 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

( the airport would be a map on its own in other games)

Exactly! That place alone is huge, when I saw it, I was like : "Oh noooo, it's going to take me hours to create a scenario in there!" :D

• Like 2