silola

X-Cam-Taunus Version 1.1

I was about to shut down for the night, happened to read the RHS forum and saw a reference to this, and holy cow!! This is incredible........ just looking at it in the Eden editor is fantastic. Guess I can stay up a *little* bit longer. :)

The airport is beautiful, really top notch work. I'm exploring it in the daylight with the glass ceiling, blue skies and clouds above, wow.

9 hours ago, eh chaser said:

what kind of? 

have you loaded Cup Terrains Complete 1.20?

Loaded Cup Terrains 1.20

Here 2 Screenshots of the 2 Errors i get ^^

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/106230834961076946/87B86D6081B81E4B69F1B6D79CCE3C28EEDAE8BA/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/106230834961077108/48B8C36FC7984AE476F1CE4A2B5CE0EB98C6E26A/

6 minutes ago, frostie12345 said:

seems to me you have either an incomplete Cup Terrains FULL install or not Cup Terrains FULL installed at all.

Not such errors on my end

Congratulations to the entire team for this!

I hope you will have an enjoyable resting time before you move on to the next project. :)

• Like 2

Fantastic to see you guys pull through on releasing this after some truly devastating issues with an update.

Very professional work fellas, keep it up, well done.

Very detailed, the scale is insane.  I am having an issue when I preview the map in editor, I am able to fly around in edit mode but crash when I attempt to preview as a unit I crash to desktop.  I tried with the 64bit dev branch as well, it worked initially but still resulted in a crash. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, eh chaser said:

seems to me you have either an incomplete Cup Terrains FULL install or not Cup Terrains FULL installed at all.

Not such errors on my end

Yeah we didnt have all Maps of CUPT installed cause we dont need some of them can u tell me which maps we definitly need for Taunus ? Cause sure Core we have completly

Hello!

Awesome map must say, was checking it in the editor all night!

So at one point I decided to host a server (off of my dedicated machine), and I start getting those 50-60MB rpt files and the server doesn't go up...

Anyone experienced this?

Congratulations guys!

I knew before launching this that it was going to be beautiful, but I have to say, the audio landscape was an excellent surprise - those forests at night... it's gorgeous.

Speaking of nights, they are very much playable - more than Altis or Tanoa. ;)

The framerate also wasn't bad at all on my end; I reckon this terrain will be perfectly playable with Arma 64 bits, but until then it's very much enjoyable already.

Keep it up (but have a good rest first)!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, frostie12345 said:

Yeah we didnt have all Maps of CUPT installed cause we dont need some of them can u tell me which maps we definitly need for Taunus ? Cause sure Core we have completly

As Chaser has already replied to you, it is recommended to get the full CUP Version as suggested in the initial post by Silola. The errormessages are clearly referring to missing Objects that belong to certain A1 or A2 Addons which are part of CUP. If you guys are using CUP core already but still get those issues, so it is possible that the currently installed Version is incomplete, redownloading the full package will fix the reported issue in this matter.

17 minutes ago, frostie12345 said:

Sorry for this. For my understanding you don't need the FULL install of CUP normaly, if you create your own map based on CUP Terrains.

But for any reason some object types (clutter?) are not part of the core version of CUP :(

Silola

Merry Christmas and congrats on release. :) Looks like it could become one of my favorites.

only gonna say one thing.... WOW !!!

TNX guys.. looking forward to getting this to 64 an playede!!!

Just tried it out, it's amazing. The airport is the best I've ever seen in ArmA. One issue, though... can someone make airplanes for it? :) 

I really hope that Dust[Sabre] has some big passenger jets in his pipeline. The airport is amazing, but way too big for the 737 to be the largest thing around.

thanks for raising the bar when it comes to map design in arma. hope BIS takes a real good look at how it is done.... Id rather pay 15€ for this than for the buggy and half finished tanoa.

you guys have a donate button?

found it nvm, sorry for spamming the thread but this new forum software is the worst ive seen for a long time. runs like garbage on my device

Wow, so much detail. FPS is alright as well for saying how much stuff there is.Merry Christmas and great job!

Did find a slight issue though, vehicles clip through some objects (I'm assuming it's an xcam object). Heres a screenshot.