1.06 is 200mb smaller than the first version. There is no l_es.pbo and bisign in the version you posted above.

I think 1.06 is missing some files

@rekkless not the l_es.pbo is the old file. some updates ago we change the hole files name structure

there are no 3 files.

1. ES_main

2. ES_sys

3. ES_sounds

hey,

Again, awsome work guys.

I don't know how you handle it and if this is a problem related to this building but when you open fire from "Land_Shop_Town_03_F", it sounds like you are outside.

15 hours ago, zgmrvn said:

hey,

Again, awsome work guys.

I don't know how you handle it and if this is a problem related to this building but when you open fire from "Land_Shop_Town_03_F", it sounds like you are outside.

1. that is a issue from Dynasound as far i would say and

2. that looks like a BI fault.

How would I get this whitelisted on a server? I don't see a .bikey.

Okay, just checked and the workshop version doesn't ship with a .paa or .bikey... Armaholic does though.

UPDATE! 1.1

Download

Download (1.1)

Steam Workshop

ArmAholic

Changelog

1.1 - 11.04.2017
        Changed: Joko introduced a new way of detecting suppressors
        Fixed: No echo when placing a satchel anymore [Joko]

• Like 9

UPDATE

Download (1.2)

1.2 - 11.07.2017
        Fixed: Workaround for the broken say3d command [Joko] (Yes, the mod was pretty much broken for the last two months due to an engine error)
        Tweaked: Urban reflections now accurately get slapped back from the walls, not building centers [Joko]

• Like 4

Update 1.21 is online, fixing and improving some stuff thanks to Joko. I have no time for the mod currently and kinda lost track :P

Thanks, Joko <3

• Like 5

This has probably been asked a number of times, but should this mod be running on a Server along with Client-Side?

19 minutes ago, 1LT J. Shaw said:

This has probably been asked a number of times, but should this mod be running on a Server along with Client-Side?

• Completely local, no need to run it on the server, no network traffic

This has been a problem for a while, but it seems like this mod and/or Dynasound cause memory leak. I play with a group of about 25-35 people which uses RHS, CUP, ACE, etc. (to the tune of about 40 GB of mods). Players can load Dynasound and Enhanced Soundscape if they want to. I've noticed recently that every time I or someone else loads Enhanced Soundscape, FPS drops steadily throughout a mission. If you want an .rpt for insight on it I'll see what I can do.

13 hours ago, Georg_Ravioli said:

This has been a problem for a while, but it seems like this mod and/or Dynasound cause memory leak. I play with a group of about 25-35 people which uses RHS, CUP, ACE, etc. (to the tune of about 40 GB of mods). Players can load Dynasound and Enhanced Soundscape if they want to. I've noticed recently that every time I or someone else loads Enhanced Soundscape, FPS drops steadily throughout a mission. If you want an .rpt for insight on it I'll see what I can do.

Are you sure? Because I've checked the SW pages for ES and DS and neither of them contain complaints about memory leaks. However it could be possible given that both were updated 4 months ago (Aug 2017) and A3 has been updated several times since then. If this is true, it's very sad. So can anyone else confirm this?

Heya everybody,

a little heads-up: My daily time-schedule unfortunately only leaves little room for spare-time-activities at the moment and the little I got I invest in friends, family and getting the RHS helicopter sounds up-to-date. Meaning: I haven't been able to look into any issues, mods and most messages in the last few months (and willed to do so because there's no use to opening up a topic I can't work on, anyway). Joko's been away as well.

I hope to look into everything that was left down the road during holidays season in December. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

just stumbled upon enhanced soundscape and dynasound 2.0 again, used the former quite some time ago. I am not sure though, didn't BI add pretty much the same thing to the vanilla sound effects sometime in 2016 or last year? I am asking, dynasound 2.0 sounds really great, but i am a bit on the edge concerning enhanced soundscape. Does it still add ''better or different echos and reverbs'' than vanilla arma 3 does?

Edit: just looked it up, the vanilla sound update came with the Eden update. Again, does enhanced soudscape do something fundamentally different that is worth it? I compared ES vs vanilla in various locations, but did not conclusively felt one better thatn the other, though i didn't invest too much time into it.

the Echos and reverbs in vanilla are just Sound tails. ES calculates the real reflection points and plays there sounds.

Basically Vanilla is static or "faked"

and ES is Dynamic and more realistic calculated

• Like 2

UPDATE

Fixed: A caching issue that would cause lagging after a while (joko)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Great mod! Anyone tried it in multiplayer environment? I'd like to understand how much it affects perfomance. It's game-changing but amount of calculations may be too high for MP, hope any1 has results.

After doing some SP tests, thing that concerns me is the short tree reverb echo sound which is usually played in open spaces surrounded by trees at a distance, it is unrealisticly loud and pretty much overrides all other echo sounds. Loudness is close to suppressed "pop" sound. Can it be be decreased a bit? or tuned such that distance matters? (Forest fights don't use it and sound great).

Another thing which I expirienced is that the same tree reverb sound is being played in most cases when there are shots at a distance from you (and it's great). Meanwhile mountain/hill echo is much more rare and less consistent.
It ends up that in some places the only difference which mod brings: is that you hear "tree echo pop" sound quile a lot, while echo from the hills around you is a rare pleasure. (not the case when you shoot, only when AI/others shoot each other).

Edited by Malcain

Also something needs to be done about dependancy to ugly CBA A3 addon which throws ads, is it that necessary? If so, I guess I will have to research and rip some of the code out of it to avoid using it at all.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Malcain said:

Also something needs to be done about dependancy to ugly CBA A3 addon which throws ads, is it that necessary? If so, I guess I will have to research and rip some of the code out of it to avoid using it at all.

You cant do that but ok

5 hours ago, sargken said:

You cant do that but ok

What do you mean? Isn't it open-source?
"Only if it is directly including CBA code in the addon's binarized PBO or redistributing a modified version of CBA itself would it be considered derivative and therefore be legally required to be released under the terms of the GPL. (And there's no reason to ever do either of these."
Maybe I misinterpret something here.