Thanks for the update.

Fixed that you were not able to hear someone shooting behind object or inside buildings.

I keep seeing more and more mods fix this. Was that caused by something that BI changed or why is this happening? Thanks.

15 hours ago, rebelvg said:

Thanks for the update.

I keep seeing more and more mods fix this. Was that caused by something that BI changed or why is this happening? Thanks.

Yup, it's two new parameters inside soudSet configs that determine how much a sound/weapon is affected from being obsructed by an obstacle or inside a building. The default values are set in a way that quietens everything rather than leaving it unaffected, so mods have to be updated.

• Like 3

Hey. I just wanted to let you know that the sound for the ASP-1 Kir, the gun with a built in suppressor, is way too loud at a distance. The gun is supposed to be near silent and not be heard at 300m or whatever. It would be fantastic if you could fix this, since it breaks the mechanic of the gun and its balance.

Posted this in the previous thread. Tested on the new 2.1

Some sound files have double explosion sound.

Files in question "LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_m_explosions\sounds\rocket_big\0m_3" and "LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_m_explosions\sounds\rocket_big\0m_4".

From the CfgSoundShaders DS_rocket_big_0m_SoundShader subclass.

I think Arma 3 along with the eden update has the best audio production so far in any mil sim game so far. If I were to mod this game I'd leave a large number of sound vanila because of how good they are... I'd maybe tweak the volumes and distances a little.. Bullethits anyone lol...

However.
This mod right here. This IS essential for all the sounds that do need improving/replacing. You've found a great balance between audio design and realism!

On a side note and slightly off topic. Did you make the vehicle sounds for the littlebirds in RHS US mod? If so, absolutely outstanding work. I love how the pitch changes when I alter the collective.. Sounds so good..

Great work!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Mark XIII (DayZ) said:

I think Arma 3 along with the eden update has the best audio production so far in any mil sim game so far. If I were to mod this game I'd leave a large number of sound vanila because of how good they are... I'd maybe tweak the volumes and distances a little.. Bullethits anyone lol...

However.
This mod right here. This IS essential for all the sounds that do need improving/replacing. You've found a great balance between audio design and realism!

On a side note and slightly off topic. Did you make the vehicle sounds for the littlebirds in RHS US mod? If so, absolutely outstanding work. I love how the pitch changes when I alter the collective.. Sounds so good..

Great work!

Thanks dude, we never talked (let's change that!) but I heard lots and lots from Megagoth, so I know that your feedback is qualified. :)

And yup, I make the sounds for RHS, too. Soon there should be something else coming up as well and it ends with a 3.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, laxemann said:

And yup, I make the sounds for RHS, too. Soon there should be something else coming up as well and it ends with a 3.

Half Life3 confirmed .... you heard it here first :)

Sorry for off-topic !

• Like 5

So. The new Jet DLC is now avaible via Dev build. I hope u can optimize it for those new vehicles too. BTW: Great Work !

And here I am, eagerly waiting to learn things from DynaSound 2.0 framework.

This mod is really great that it motivated me to try learning sound engineering basics.

Great mod. It is really immersive, especially when used with Enhanced Soundscape.
Does the server I am playing at need to have those mods installed as well for them to completely work for me or does only the client need to have the mods installed? I feel like the mod does not really work on our dedicated server.

DS and ES are total Client Side mods. what means the server only needs the serverKey for CBA and DS/ES and it should work fine

Update

Download (2.20)

2.2 - 11.07.2017
Fixed: A workaround for the broken say3d command [Joko]
Tweaked: The flyby sounds now won't repeat when using the splendid/Zeus camera

• Like 6

Updated mod v2.1.0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey LAxemann, you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!
Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.
To learn more, follow this guide.

• Like 1

This may be a known issue, we're experiencing script errors since the last update:

20:05:53 Error in expression < (alive _projectile) then {_projectile say3d [(selectRandom _sound), ((position>
20:05:53   Error position: <say3d [(selectRandom _sound), ((position>
20:05:53   Error Type Any, expected String
20:05:53 File LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_sys\scripts\Rocket\RocketEngine.sqf, line 20

1 hour ago, lifetap said:

This may be a known issue, we're experiencing script errors since the last update:

20:05:53 Error in expression < (alive _projectile) then {_projectile say3d [(selectRandom _sound), ((position>
20:05:53 File LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_sys\scripts\Rocket\RocketEngine.sqf, line 20

Thanks dude, it's indeed already fixed by Joko but I forgot to update :D

I'll be home tomorrow evening and upload the fix.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, lifetap said:

I think I fixed it I only have the problem I can not reproduce it my self. when you would have a repro description. i can look deeper in to it

• Like 2

Updated to 2.21, script errors were fixed by Joko, nothing new sound-wise. :)

• Like 5

Woops, I forgot to turn the debugger off, updated and fixed :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, laxemann said:

Woops, I forgot to turn the debugger off, updated and fixed :)

Thanks for the continued support. 
Great mod appreciate it. :D 
So much fun playing with this mod!