Sign in to follow this  
VipHeart

P3d model format?

Okay, maybe I haven't found that function yet, but when I save a model to p3d it creates MLOD p3d models.

Won't that cause this wonderful T&L bug???

Is there a way to save in ODOL? biggrin.gif

AND how do I switch between the several LODs?

And, is there a way to open the OLOD format P3D files with oxygen? To edit the models already in the game.

Edit: AND to learn how they work, how things are done in them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is there a way to save in ODOL<span id='postcolor'>

No. Separate tool is required to convert MLOD into ODOL.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Won't that cause this wonderful T&L bug<span id='postcolor'>

I am not sure what "bug" are you talking about.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">AND how do I switch between the several LODs<span id='postcolor'>

This has nothing to do with this topic (p3D model format). Please, create separate thread for this question.

Thanx for the fast response!

Okay, here is an explanation from what we call the T&L bug connected to MLOD models:

When playing with remodeled MLOD models in T&L mode, then the muzzle flash on the weapon was static. It simply was always there until you killed a person and took up his weapon. But even then the muzzle flash was visible as shadow or sometimes there was no muzzle shadow at all. Very strange one smile.gif I know, but thousend of people were complaining about that, when I released my FAMAS assault rifle biggrin.gif

Suma: Untill now we were able to make custom models for our addons using the first DEMO (v.036) models - MLOD format!

I wont get into details who and how we did it but the fact is that there is a MUZZLE FLASH problem which I called BUG in my first P3D MOD and therefore it remained a "BUG".

I dont know what causes it but we know for sure that it appears only when Hardware T&L is enabled!

Try any of our custom built models and see for yourself!

Here is my work:

SoldierM70AB2.zip"]http://www.natosoldier.com/Addons/FLP_[sV]SoldierM70AB2.zip

http://www.natosoldier.com/Addons/FLP_M4A1.zip

http://www.natosoldier.com/Addons/FLP_M4A1_Suppressed.zip

http://www.natosoldier.com/Addons/WFW_M82A1Barret.zip

FlipeR

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (VipHeart @ April 24 2002,17:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanx for the fast response!

Okay, here is an explanation from what we call the T&L bug connected to MLOD models:

When playing with remodeled MLOD models in T&L mode, then the muzzle flash on the weapon was static. It simply was always there until you killed a person and took up his weapon. But even then the muzzle flash was visible as shadow or sometimes there was no muzzle shadow at all. Very strange one smile.gif I know, but thousend of people were complaining about that, when I released my FAMAS assault rifle biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When playing with remodeled MLOD models in T&L mode, then the muzzle flash on the weapon was static. <span id='postcolor'>

If your model should work correctly with HW T&L, you need to define something about your model in CfgModels config class. If you will check any plain text version of config, you will find some examples of what this config section should contain.

We will be providing original config sources very soon to Breathe participants. Until then you can check some of teh unoffical decoded configs.

Seems you know what could be the problem!

I'll go look into the decripted config.BIN!

As I understand it every even slightly changed model have to be added to cfgModels class!?! True?

FlipeR

Here is config example that makes G36 muzzle flash behaving correctly. As you can see, class is selected by model name. In the example below there are two p3d file for G36 weapon: G36.p3d and G36_optics.p3d. If you create your own p3d file, you have to provide corresponding list of sections that should be able to hide or to have texture replaced. In case of weapons simply adapting the fragment below should do the job.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CfgModels

{

class Default

{

sections[] = {};

sectionsInherit="";

};

class Weapon: Default

{

sections[] = {"zasleh"};

};

class G36: Weapon {};

class G36_optics: Weapon {};

};

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ April 24 2002,16:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No. Separate tool is required to convert MLOD into ODOL.<span id='postcolor'>

Will be this tool available for us?

OK NOW I GET IT ...and I cant belive it how such a simple mistake causes the edited models to be "BUGGY"!!! And we thought it has something to do with the HW T&L tounge.gif

Here is an example:

We have a new model (in this case WFW_M82A1.p3d).

In the config.CPP (on the top as in the original config.bin) you have to write this:

class CfgModels

{

class Default

{

sections[]={};

sectionsInherit="";

};

class Weapon: Default

{

sections[]={"zasleh"};

};

class WFW_M82A1: Weapon

{};

};

I wrote the full content of the classes for easier understanding but since they inherit from each other you can shorten the first two classes and write:

class CfgModels

{

class Default{};

class Weapon: Default{};

class YourModelName: Weapon{};

};

That should be the solution!

TNX for the the tip SUMA!

----------------Edited---------------

OK, you was faster SUMA wink.gif

-------------------------------------

FlipeR

Suma, whats the difference between MLOD and ODOL formats? Should the MLOD format models be converted into ODOL before used in OFP, and if so, will there be a tool that does this for us to use?

ODOL format is optimized - it loads faster and it is smaller. It also already contains the information described in CfgModels - this CfgModels in processed during "binarization" (this is how we call conversion from MLOD to ODOL). There is also some information that is not present in ODOL as it is not needed for game, only for editing. This includes information about which edges are soft and which are hard and some other information O2 needs during editing.

You should be able to use MLOD format in OFP without any problems.

Suma: I also noticed you have a part called Animations in ODOL format LODs - its only used in the 6th LOD of the G36 model - but without visual effect!!! Whats that part for?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It also already contains the information described in CfgModels - this CfgModels in processed during "binarization" <span id='postcolor'>

That explains why Addons built upon ODOL models work corectly even without cfgModels in their CPP! TNX for clearing that Suma.

FlipeR

I today made an UAZ With a PK on its back, and I have a major problem with the PK muzzle flash and the braking/headlights, I cannot get them working properly, they are just always visible. I tried the following in the config.cpp:

class CfgModels

{

class default{};

class Vehicle: default {};

class Car: Vehicle {};

class uaz_mg: Car {};

};

After this, OFP crashes immediately when I try to use my vehicle! I also tried:

class CfgModels

{

class default{};

class uaz_mg: default{

sections[]={"zasleh"};

};

};

But it still crashed, every time I put something into the "sections" that exists in the model groups it does that... Any ideas?

The model is here: http://212.149.131.138:10080/uaz_mg.p3d

And a screenie too wink.gifhttp://212.149.131.138:10080/uazmg3.jpg

if you look in my post "after a day of breathing", I have posted an example of how I made my cfgModels entry. It did not crash the game, however it didn't fix the problem either... currently I'm completely and utterly lost regarding the ever-lit headlights.

Suma, anyone from BIS... can you give us a hint about this?

I now tried doing it the same way as you, but it still crashed :/

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">currently I'm completely and utterly lost regarding the ever-lit headlights.<span id='postcolor'>

It looks like FlipeR has been able to do this:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OK NOW I GET IT ...and I cant belive it how such a simple mistake causes the edited models to be "BUGGY"!!! And we thought it has something to do with the HW T&L

Here is an example:...

<span id='postcolor'>

You will find his post earlier in this thread.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">After this, OFP crashes immediately when I try to use my vehicle! I also tried:<span id='postcolor'>

I do not find anything wrong in what you are doing. If there is no error message recorded in Flashpoint.rpt, send us your crash report (I assume you already know where to? smile.gif ), I may be able to tell you more about why it crashes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ April 25 2002,20:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I today made an UAZ With a PK on its back, and I have a major problem with the PK muzzle flash and the braking/headlights, I cannot get them working properly, they are just always visible.<span id='postcolor'>

Are they always visible with HW T&L only, or with SW T&L as well? If you see the problem only with HW T&L, then it is CfgModels related problem. If you see the problem also in SW T&L, it is related to normal class config.

It seems to be only visible in HW T&L... In software T&L everything works great (as long as I dont have the CfgModels there, if its there it crashes every time, with no error message. flashpoint.rpt says it does an access violation)

I will double check everything I have done to make sure im not doing anything wrong and then send the crash report if I cant get it to work.

I couldnt get it fixed no matter what I tried... Though im having a horrible flu right now so I might just have missed something wink.gif

I couldnt find the email address anymore where to send these crash reports, so I uploaded a zip file to http://koti.mbnet.fi/kegetys/flashpoint/crash.zip

It has the context.bin, flashpoint.rpt, config.cpp and uaz_mg.p3d

Suma: I never claimed I did it!! I only beleved to what you said confused.gif

Later I tried that but as Keg - with crashing results! But I'llkeep on trying...

FlipeR

We ALL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!! I wont release anything until I find out how to overcome it....

Suma & Maruk - ANY HELP please?!?

FlipeR