spookygnu

RSO Buildings pack

21 minutes ago, Macser said:

This site and the workshop aren't exactly the same. There may be a following for the Arma series. But that's not really the same thing as a community.

Maybe so, but people are like water and where there is a crack it will be exploited. 

@audiocustoms Thanks for the tip. I will look into it in the future. My feelings are raw atm. Nothing is happening until I see fit. 

Great work , congratulations !

- The fps using this buildings is Great !!!

My question is , if there is anyone planning to create a map ,  including RSO

and if so where i should check if there is a work in progress about .

Thanks + good job again!

12 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Great work , congratulations !

- The fps using this buildings is Great !!!

My question is , if there is anyone planning to create a map ,  including RSO

and if so where i should check if there is a work in progress about .

Thanks + good job again!

Yes. Battle of Fallujah map baby! And I think Libia still? Check out the addons and mods discussion area for updates on the RSO team projects.

• Like 1

I apologize if this has been touched on before, tried to read every post before hand but is there or will there be, an option to place these buildings on the fly in Zeus? Whilst they're placeable in the editor I didn't know if there was a way to get a hold of them in Zeus as one can jbad buildings or other assets.

Or if this is something yet planned or being looked into in the future, that'd be good to know.

Disregard, just saw people like to steal shit. Depressing.

When I see pictures of middle eastern cities I'm often surprised of how close these models match ME architecture.

Amazing stuff!

I've been using RSO buildings frequently in single player missions and noticed that on quite a few of them AI can see and sometimes even shoot through. Has anyone noticed this? If so are there any plans to fix it in time for Fallujah? 

They’ve been fixed! 

Some buildings still need doors doors on them and all need ai pathing. When this will be finished will be when it’s finished. Time isn’t on my hands atm. Apologies.?

• Like 2

Thanks for the fast answer. Great, then this issue won't hamper the certain success of the release, whenever it happens. I'm sure it's long and tedious work and must be really frustrating when some important bug was not discovered in time. Maybe I should apologize for considering the possibility that you might have not noticed it,  but anyway I asked about it because it's impressive work and I've really grown used to it.  Here are some pictures of a small CQB scenario using mostly RSO buildings. 

I0yx8zT.jpg

uBGqU5l.jpg

IxVVoWI.jpg

• Like 5

these buildings look amazing. too bad the ai just walks through them and the doors don't work, practically useless.

14 hours ago, jdingo said:

these buildings look amazing. too bad the ai just walks through them and the doors don't work, practically useless.

Did you disable the building simulation?

9 hours ago, canadian1337 said:

Did you disable the building simulation?

i downloaded the mod and tested every single building in the eden editor. didn't mess with any settings.

AI can see and shoot through some buildings. If I understood correctly spookygnu said it's fixed for the next release. Some doors and passages are not crossable and some walls can be walked through. But not all buildings have these problems. I filtered out the bad ones and using only the ones that work it's perfectly ok for SP. There's no AI pathing but one workaround that I find useful is to place many snipers in window positions with disableAI pathing and low presence probability, that way I never know beforehand where they are.

Material of extreme potential , I am sad with this news, a star that goes out. :(

Apologies for my rant but after my debacle with the machloop, i felt very bitter. Still do in someways. 

This has been Kickstarted again. Myself and rebelman have begun working on some things again. All the buildings are now, not invisible to ai, textures tweaked and no blank faces, working through the doors on various high rises atm, 5 are complete. Working out what the bloody ai are doing on the pathing side of things. optimization still to do and various others like windows and damage models in the pipeline.

I've messaged milkman to to ask if combining with jbad might be worth looking into. We have done a lot of ground work so I don't see why not??? 

Jury's out ATM.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, spookygnu said:

This has been Kickstarted again. 

I've messaged milkman to to ask if combining with jbad might be worth looking into. We have done a lot of ground work so I don't see why not??? 

Jury's out ATM.

That makes me happy! Very good news!  Best wishes for the team

1 pack to guide them ,1 pack to bind them, 1 pack to lead them all.

Confirmed on jbad and rso combination. We are going to get a workflow going with what is on both sides soon. 

Wait out for more info.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Thanks for all your hard work!!!

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, spookygnu said:

Confirmed on jbad and rso combination.

Thats socking news !!

We will be waiting for this !

Thanks spookygnu !

A couple questions:

-Your work would be excellent for the Unsung mod's grand Hue map project. Would you be willing to partner with them, reskin some buildings?

-What are the odds of seeing the Benghazi and Belize maps released on Armaholic? I understand that at least Benghazi had gone through significant development before being thrown out the window, and by now either you've better learned to protect your rights or can find those willing to help you in that.

What to do, what to do, what to do?????????? about this mod!

Last Warning, any more of redistribution without permission and I will remove the thread, the armaholic page and the RSO website. 

You may wonder why I say this as there is not really any info or movement on any of the latest reguarding  RSO and any of the content that is on the RSO website. The website is still alive, I just altered the address slightly and only I have access to it. The content on the website has a pulse just not as regular as it used to be. I just chip away at the completion when I see fit. I'm not devoting time to something that is going to be exploited which I have just discovered has been with the RSO buildings. Someone name Lektar who runs with the 22nd virtual SAS decided he might upload RSO buildings for convience sake with his own mod pack, WITHOUT permission to the Steam workshop. 

So, last warning to EVERYONE, if you can't abide by the forum rules and the EULAs that modders have in place for their own IP protection, RSO will be put in room 101 and the key thrown away.

I actually enjoy chippng away at my work and may, just may see a open RSO website with all the content available. I don't take to kindly to anyone TAKING THE FUCKING PISS! 

Get your permissions first! 

LIFERS don't even bother the answer is no. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, spookygnu said:

So, last warning to EVERYONE

As much as I understand your anger: Realistically there will always be some idiot reuploading stuff as he sees fit (regardless if out of ignorance). I would like to believe there wont be any anymore, but its just a matter of time. Sucks that modders have to deal with this shit.

Thanks to Dedmen for doing a workshop search for me,  

Here are reuploads of the exact same RSO.pbo:

This is just a reupload of the Mogadishu Terrain https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1536012220       (exception he asked for permissions which I granted)

Doesn't seem to be the terrain, also has a custom bisign https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1454543181

Some units modpack https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1439531138

Tons of reuploads of tons of other peoples stuff, also custom bisign https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812684627

Some modpack, custom bisign https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1406707872

Some crappy life server, they also reuploaded some of my stuff https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1416342600

Some life server https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=908829638

Some russian life server, also reuploads of my stuff, custom bisign for RSO https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=877731210

Wow. This is dense. They have "osr.pbo" with the same hash as your RSO.pbo. They renamed it to hide it https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1604909880

ALL REDISTRIBUTED without permissions. Oh look theres life servers on there too. 

End of days!

Just wanna thank all at the community who have waited for this but to no avail. I know you have supported my stance on mod robbing and certainly on this mod too. I'm actually glad I didn't put Benghazi out now because it is one awesome looking map. I will be taking the next steps to remove all content and myself from this dire shit state of a situation. 

• Sad 6

You see the picture in my signature. That is the machloop V2 (well part of 30km^ map). I've been working on the sat map for NorthWales for the past 24hrs solidly even letting the Pc stay on over night and I'm still at it now in Photoshop. It's over 100km^ and its awesome to fly about on. I've even included the machloop again on this one, and put the airfield RAF valley where it should be on Anglesey. Not only that but there are 3 other airfields on it too. How can I be sure this isn't going to be a wasted effort and exploited by the thieves. It's funny actually, through all of this I haven't seen one word posted by BI on the IP protection of modders. Its like they just leave it to us to deal with anc chase down the fcuktards that rob your stuff. 

• Like 2

@spookygnu

I understand your pain - I'm a software engineer, and I constantly see my Github and forum releases pop up under new names. It's a problem everywhere, not just in the realm of Arma and Steam, and for that reason I don't often release public software anymore.

However, as a word of advice, don't let a few imbeciles drag you down. Bohemia does care about your intellectual property rights - they actively monitor #ip_rights_violations as well as the email reporting system. You can speak there to get quick feedback from non-BI Community Moderators as well. It's unfortunate that there are not many ways to proactively moderate, but issuing swift takedown requests will lessen the burden.

You've released some great works over the years. It would be a shame to let a handful of randoms take that away from both you, and the Arma community. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

I would suggest maybe entrusting someone as a contributor for you mod and have them dedicated to flagging any reuploads so you can keep developing while a trusted individual handles the issue and (if persists) brings it up to BI on the A3 discord or forums