spookygnu

RSO Buildings pack

9LXBvYX.jpg

RSO BUILDINGS PACK

by

RSO Creations

RSO Creations are pleased to release their first addon to the arma community. This is a buildings pack which includes over 70 enterable middle eastern styled buildings. 
Over 70 different buildings, all enterable, walkable rooftops, walkable staircases. High rise buildings, shops, houses, apartment blocks, mosque, monumental archways plus many more. There will be additional buildings in the future, these will be added next year along with the misc items. Those include pavements, sign posts, walls, fences, gates, markets, plus much more.

This can be used as an addon for mission makers and terrain makers within terrain builder, 2d editor, 3den, XCAM, Mapbuilder. If anyone uses this addon for a mission or new map please credit the RSO team on your releases. 

IMPORTANT! This release is just an alpha release. We wanted to get the buildings up to a playable state by xmas and we have managed to pull it off. It must be noted that there will be errors, some textures may not look complete. There are currently 2 buildings that you cannot get into at all. H5 and H8. These only have a geolod box around them due to time constraints. They will be added into the pack in future updates.

Bug reporting:

Spoiler

If you find any errors follow these instructions carefully to help us narrow down quickly what and where they are. This will help greatly if you can provide as much detail as possible. 

There are two things you need to do. Firstly:

List just the building names in the thread so everyone can see which have errors. 

Secondly: create a text file with more detailed information about the the errors and send it to myself and rebelman. 

Format your text file in two ways. 

Single storey houses or shops etc, 

H7, able to wak through walls, stairs not working to roof.

If it is a multifloored building. 

Apartmentcomplex 5, ground floor left doorway blocking movement, second floor front right 1st room able to walk through walls.

Try to be as descriptive as possible for us. It will help us loads to fix things as quick as possible. 

No distribution from other servers apart from armaholic.

This pack IS NOT affiliated with pmc release. Do not confuse the two projects.

Credits & Thanks:
Opteryx for his source files! The RSO team:

Rebel_man 
Spookygnu
Opteryx
Rabidus

Download is removed

• Like 19

High rise buildings eneterable too?  How bout destruction textures or models? 

• Like 3

All builds are enterable and only have one destruction model type at present. We are looking into those types for future updates. 

Bare with it for now please.

Hadn't realised the first post should've said alpha release.

Downloading now, and looking forward to testing these buildings out.

Are you planning a STEAM release when STEAM comes back up?

Lil bit off top question.

Is it possible to create new town in EDEN (for ex on stratis ) with this buildings and save it like new map or new map pbo? Or I must use X -cam to simple create (modify) map which I want?

You can create map templates for missions using any assets you want.  Just add them to the map, save, and export for MP or SP.  When you load up the map mission those buildings will be there.
Great for Zeus missions.

8 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

Are you planning a STEAM release when STEAM comes back up?

No only armaholic

3 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

You can create map templates for missions using any assets you want.  Just add them to the map, save, and export for MP or SP.  When you load up the map mission those buildings will be there.
Great for Zeus missions.

I know. But i think it can cost me long map load  time and fps perfomance because a lot of object in scenario. Or if I binarize scenrio to PBO - it will  make difference t perfomance ?

I want to create big city in desert map with 100000+ objects

25 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

Are you planning a STEAM release when STEAM comes back?

No only armaholic. 

Sammael can you discuss this elsewhere before it hijacks the thread.  Read the armholic page and it will give you info on what they can be used for. Also if you wanna build a city with over 100000 objects you will need alot more than 70 different types of buildings. Trust me I KNOW!

No we don't take requests. We have enough to do with the projecys we have on our plate right now. Modeling is not that hard really you could learn it. I did in six months.

Just threw them down in Eden and ran through most of the buildings. For an alpha, this is very nice! Some well-thought out stuff with nice details such as antennas, satellite dishes and ac units as well as the quality textures.Liked the varying overall shapes of the buildings.

Adds much needed variations in buildings. Finally, someone is doing the large metal shutter storefronts!

Once the small things are fixed I can see these as being go-to buildings for terrain builders and mission makers. I only found the stuff I'm sure you're already working on; doors, some doorways and staircases are too small and shadows. Offered very nice performance considering it is an alpha, it'll be interesting to see how this is affected with the addition of doors.

Great job!

• Like 3

Thanks dude. When you say ran through??? You didn't mean through a wall did you?? I hope not.

Doors, breakable windows and operating shutters will be worked on.  As well as ai pathing and various texures and uv's.

Can you report the stair issue in the rso creations discussion thread please. What building it is and what occurs. Thanks.

LOL...no, no. I meant I ran around checking out the buildings. It actually took me a few minutes to work out the doors were placeholders and I could run through those.

This isn't a request because I know you guys have a lot going on with tweaking whats already there, but if you would tuck away in your memory a thought of tackling a seedy, third-world, two story prison, you would the toast of the Arma world. Sooooo many mission makers like myself would love to bust HVTs out of some arm-pit prison :) Some of the building you have in the pack now look as though they could be from the outside.

Friggin rights! Thank you so much for your hard work RSO team! :happy:

• Like 3

Bit of a slight error on my part. Whilst I was trying to pack up the pbo today, I had obfuscated the addon! DOH, this means that you cannot use it in Terrain builder yet. I will sort this out tomorrow and uplink an additional link to armaholic for map makers. 

Sorry bout that. 

• Like 1

Grats on the release team, they looks great. 

Be careful on the stairs on multiple building I keep falling through the floor where do you want me name the building or are you guys know the issues

can you note it in here actually. So we all know what is causing any issues.

AFAIK the stairs seemed fine, maybe some have slipped through the net??