Sign in to follow this  
Anaconda

Opening p3d files

When I want to open a p3d file from ofp, to view it, I always get a "can't open file" error.

Anyone has a reaction for this??

Nothing except I get the same error. Both with models from the CD as well as from official addons.

Hmm, well, there must be a solution.

Does it work with self made objects?? I'm still learning the program so, I haven't really created anything yet.

Easy solution: The models from the original CD and the addons are ODOL format. The OË› version we got only reads MLOD. We're not able to create or view ODOL content. sad.gif

However, you can use the old demo versions models smile.gif

I tried importing a 3DS file from LightWave 3DS object exporter.

I got an "Missing KFDATA section" error.

I have no clue what KFDATA section is, but I guess it's missing. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (VipHeart @ April 24 2002,18:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Easy solution: The models from the original CD and the addons are ODOL format. The O˛ version we got only reads MLOD. We're not able to create or view ODOL content.  sad.gif

However, you can use the old demo versions models smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

boy that's bad news... I needed the Bradley for making a Warrior IFW... it's almost the same looking vehicle.

I can open the models from the demo data3d

all I did was decrypt them with the mission unencrypter and then just opened them in o2

can't see why no one else can....

i was hoping to view the kiowa so i could learn how to create helos, since thats what im working on. Is there a special tag for the seat?

For crew I think you have to use the proxy tool to make a proxy, which essentially is the position another model is loaded into, like crew or missiles. See how it's a triangle? The triangle must point in the direction the crew is facing with his body, when inside the vehicle. The top sharp tip should just point upwards.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GFX707 @ April 24 2002,20:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can open the models from the demo data3d

all I did was decrypt them with the mission unencrypter and then just opened them in o2

can't see why no one else can....<span id='postcolor'>

I can too now... just had only focused on the new models, which are those I need most sad.gif

could someone perhaps send me the old models? i dont have the ofp demo anymore.

Okay, here is what we do not have/ which was NOT included in the demo:

-> Abrams

-> T80

-> Cobra

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Ok, thnx....AK is enough :-) I`ll try to studie the T72 to make tanks ....

btw: I reinstalled my OFP and now I`m waiting for a new code about 3 hours today... sad.gif

So what exactly IS the point of giving us a tool incapable of loading the only models that most of us would have? I can't speak for anyone else but shortly after I got the full game, I deleted the demo.

like i said before in another topic when i was telling someone how to open the p3d files......

"If anyone wants a p3d file e-mail me at SOT_wolf@yahoo.com and i shall send you any p3d file you want .... smile.gif "

from the demo of course  wink.gif