12 hours ago, SUZ3RAIN13 said:

Yes we did it all. The demo mission works perfectly. Then made sure the init and description files have the proper endings(not sqf/ext.txt), are exact copies of whats in the readme, and we even tried every possible folder that missions could be stored in for Arma 3, and still...nothing. 

*Edit Problem Found: There is No .../Arma 3 - Other Profiles/...  Screenshot to double check

Your missing the AFAR folder in your mission. You forgot STEP ZERO.

[ I N S T A L L A T I O N ]
-------------------------
0. Move the "AFAR" folder from downloaded file, to your mission folder.
EXAMPLE: "My Documents\ArmA 3 - Other Profiles\<profile>\missions\myMission.VR"

Correct Directory

2 hours ago, Blackheart_Six said:

Your missing the AFAR folder in your mission. You forgot STEP ZERO.

Correct Directory

Hold on, give me a minute, I just have to go jump off a cliff real quick. 

1 hour ago, SUZ3RAIN13 said:

Hold on, give me a minute, I just have to go jump off a cliff real quick. 

:hang:

That still won't fix the problem..... You have put the folder in the correct directory. LOL! It  happens all the time. Done it myself. Wait until you spend days looking for a stupid ] or }.  

awesome mod thanks for the release!

I am having one small issue: 

no matter how far away i am from AI even if i am right up close, i just get a flat line signal on my radio. 

Any ideas? 

Cheers. 

I don't think this works with A.I. They don't use the VON system. It's for players only, on a server. I may be wrong.

This script is made to enhance the VON when talking to other players in multiplayer scenarios.

Download Link (Google Drive)

Download Link (Steam Workshop)
Download Link (Armaholic - Currently Outdated)

Version: 0.7

ADDITIONS:
• Added: Max short-range radio range setting to the CFG.sqf

• Added: Max long-range radio range setting to the CFG.sqf

• Added: 2 more static sounds to SFX.hpp, which are slightly louder

• Added: Arma Radio's Instructions Manual now shows max effective range

• Added: New "allOff" function to disable all radio channels

• Added: New "r_alert" function, which alerts nearby enemy AI when talking

• Added: New setting to disable/enable the new AI alert function

• Added: Player notification to set a Diary keybind, if one is not detected

• Added: Player notification to unbind VoiceOverNet keybind, if one is detected

ADJUSTMENTS:
• Updated: Arma Radio's Instructions Manual with more information
• Changed: Radio ranges are calculated differently

• Tweaked: Increased default max short-range radio range to 2000, up from 1200

• Tweaked: Increased default max long-range radio range to 6000, up from 4000

• Tweaked: Two extra static stages to Fuzz.sqf, when near max radio range

• Tweaked: "_c" variable is now reset to objNull, instead of an empty array

• Tweaked: Reorganized some code in the AFAR\init.sqf

FIXES:
• Fixed: Removed debug info whenever pressing/releasing a PushToTalk key

• Fixed: Player on ground could not transmit to a pilot via Support Channel

• Fixed: Support Channel wasn't disabled for everyone if less than 2 players were active

• Fixed: Support Channel would disable all channels if outside of radio range

• Fixed: Support Channel for other factions was sometimes available to the player

• Fixed: Script error related to the custom Support Channels' initialization

• Fixed: Radio channel disabling in all channels is more consistent

• Fixed: Command Channel would disable all channels if outside of radio range

• Fixed: Corrected misspelled word "receive" in briefing / comments

OPTIMIZATIONS:

• Optimized: Radio channels are disabled via new "allOff" function

• Optimized: Removed redundant distance check in all radio "In" functions

• Optimized: Removed redundant block of code in "Fuzz.sqf"

• Optimized: Removed redundant block of code in "Fuzz2.sqf"

REMOVALS:

• Removed: Unused isAFAR publicVariable

• Removed: Killzone_Kid from credits (Contribution no longer used)

KNOWN BUGS:

• Dead players can talk while spectating/waiting to respawn (A3 Respawn Template)

• Reloading right before talking on radio plays animation and deletes new magazine

• Script error when talking near a wounded squad mate

• Radio interface buttons are misplaced if you do not use the "Small" interface size preset

• Releasing other keys while holding down PushToTalk key is glitchy

This version is mostly untested; everyone I usually test the script with are MIA.  In my own solo tests, the script works as intended in SP, MP, and dedicated.  Please let me know what issues you run into -- if any -- so that I can be aware of the problems.  Screenshots or video evidence also help me identify and fix the problem a lot faster. 

Thanks and enjoy!

• Like 2

I've uploaded the demo to my server and am running tests. 

It's located at 181.214.149.37:2302

As soon as possible(later today, +5 UDT) Ill be on to test. 

• Like 1

HOTFIX RELEASE INBOUND

Because I don't have any testers, the current released version was mostly untested and was bound to have issues.  Although I still haven't gotten to test the script with another player, as a solo player on a dedicated server and on a client-hosted server, I found some pretty big bugs that needed to be fixed ASAP.  The fix is easy, it was caused by a mistake on my part with misusing the "count" command and incorrectly referencing the Support Channel's variable names.

I'm working on the fix now and will update this thread with the updated version as soon as it's done.  I apologize for this inconvenience!

• Like 2

Hey phronk, 

Send me a friends request on steam, blackheart_six. Give me a shout when you need to test on a dedicated server. I'm more then happy to throw your demo mission up for testing. 

I am on almost always on Friday nights. And some Saturdays and Sundays, depending on the better half. :-). Let me know. 

I just put .7 in a A3 MPSF mission by Roy86. But haven't launched it yet. I have conflicts between his and yours defines settings, I am working through. 

Download Link (Google Drive)

Download Link (Steam Workshop)
Download Link (Armaholic)

Version: 0.71 (Hotfix)

FIXES:
• Fixed: Script error related to incorrect use of count command
• Fixed: Whenever Support Channel was disabled/removed, Group would also disable
• Fixed: allOff function was broken

KNOWN BUGS:

• Dead players can talk while spectating/waiting to respawn (A3 Respawn Template)

• Reloading right before talking on radio plays animation and deletes new magazine

• Script error when talking near a wounded squad mate

• Radio interface buttons are misplaced if you do not use the "Small" interface size preset

• Releasing other keys while holding down PushToTalk key is glitchy

There may be an issue with players not having their channels disabled upon death.  If that is confirmed, I'll work on another hotfix.  In the meantime, I'm starting to work on version 0.8 which will make the script TeamSwitch compatible and also fix the radio UI's buttons being misplaced for some people.

• Like 1

Several people from different Arma units have asked me to include Zeus compatibility into the script to allow the Zeus player, while in the Curator interface, to also use AFAR when talking on radio channels.  While this may be doable, I'll explain why it is taking so long for me to add it.

AFAR's functions mostly rely on keyDown/keyUp displayEventHandlers.  In other words, every time you press or release a key, a function is executed.  I won't get too into it™, but the issue I'm running into is that these displayEventHandlers I have setup only work within display #46.  What does that mean?  It means that everything works fine, unless you enter another display, such as the Zeus Curator interface or even the Dynamic Groups interface.  While those displays are active, all of the pre-existing displayEventHandlers I setup will not fire because we are not in display #46, we're in display #312 (Zeus Curator Interface).

Taking that into consideration, now I need to basically clone the displayEventHandlers, but have them work within display #312.  What's the problem?  Upon releasing your PushToTalk key, the squelch out function is called.  Within this "out" function, I need to use a waitUntil command to basically reliably detect the display we're in, so that I can I can delete the current used displayEventHandler and add another one for that same display (Remove squelch-out function and add squelch-in function) to prevent the functions from being spammed.

Now this is the part I'm torn about how I want to go forward with it -- and I'm still experimenting with possible better ways to do it: I'll either need to create all new Zeus keyDown/keyUp displayEventHandlers, as well as functions specific to those displayEventHandlers to work only within display #312.  Or, I can make all pre-existing functions do a couple checks if the player is in Zeus Mode or not and apply the appropriate displayEventHandlers that way.  To me, the second option sounds better.  While it may sound simple when it's explained, the execution is actually a real pain in the ass and is a very slow tedious job.

TL;DR: Making AFAR compatible with a Zeus player who is within the Zeus interface more complicated than you'd think.  I'm working on adding the compatibility, but it may be pushed into version 0.9 instead of 0.8, since it is a lot of work and I'd hate to delay a release for one thing, despite having a ton of other fixes and such included.

Would be more nice to remove the bulky radio that pops out like something from a 90's DOS game, and implement something more graphically tempting icon in the corner.

On 1.11.2017 at 4:12 AM, phronk said:

Several people from different Arma units have asked me to include Zeus compatibility into the script to allow the Zeus player, while in the Curator interface, to also use AFAR when talking on radio channels.  While this may be doable, I'll explain why it is taking so long for me to add it.

AFAR's functions mostly rely on keyDown/keyUp displayEventHandlers.  In other words, every time you press or release a key, a function is executed.  I won't get too into it™, but the issue I'm running into is that these displayEventHandlers I have setup only work within display #46.  What does that mean?  It means that everything works fine, unless you enter another display, such as the Zeus Curator interface or even the Dynamic Groups interface.  While those displays are active, all of the pre-existing displayEventHandlers I setup will not fire because we are not in display #46, we're in display #312 (Zeus Curator Interface).

Taking that into consideration, now I need to basically clone the displayEventHandlers, but have them work within display #312.  What's the problem?  Upon releasing your PushToTalk key, the squelch out function is called.  Within this "out" function, I need to use a waitUntil command to basically reliably detect the display we're in, so that I can I can delete the current used displayEventHandler and add another one for that same display (Remove squelch-out function and add squelch-in function) to prevent the functions from being spammed.

Now this is the part I'm torn about how I want to go forward with it -- and I'm still experimenting with possible better ways to do it: I'll either need to create all new Zeus keyDown/keyUp displayEventHandlers, as well as functions specific to those displayEventHandlers to work only within display #312.  Or, I can make all pre-existing functions do a couple checks if the player is in Zeus Mode or not and apply the appropriate displayEventHandlers that way.  To me, the second option sounds better.  While it may sound simple when it's explained, the execution is actually a real pain in the ass and is a very slow tedious job.

TL;DR: Making AFAR compatible with a Zeus player who is within the Zeus interface more complicated than you'd think.  I'm working on adding the compatibility, but it may be pushed into version 0.9 instead of 0.8, since it is a lot of work and I'd hate to delay a release for one thing, despite having a ton of other fixes and such included.

This makes me feel thankful for being able to use CBA and not having any of these problems.

3 hours ago, nicoliani said:

Would be more nice to remove the bulky radio that pops out like something from a 90's DOS game, and implement something more graphically tempting icon in the corner.

You can disable it very easily.

15 hours ago, dedmen said:

This makes me feel thankful for being able to use CBA and not having any of these problems.

Thanks for that insightful comment.

Makes me thankful Phronk has been able to achieve what he has without any mods, hence the name "ADDON-FREE". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I need everyone's feedback (Especially unit leaders / server admins) on what I should do with Support channel.

I just finished redesigning Support channel and now, to have access to Support channel, you must have a radio assigned and a radio in your inventory OR you need to be a in certain type of vehicle seat (Pilot, copilot, driver, gunner, commander).  The Support channel is a long-range radio channel (6KM by default) and is intended to function as a channel that support elements, such as CAS or transport pilots could coordinate with ground teams with and vice versa.

Q: Is the Support channel redundant and therefore should be removed completely?  If not, should it function differently?

I ask this question because all group leaders have access to Command channel.  If you're a squad leader of a fireteam on the ground and you want to communicate with an aircrew, why not just talk to them via Command channel?  The pilot or someone in that aircrew will likely be leader of that aircrew's group.  I think you get the idea.  All feedback is appreciated.

How can i write in this script so i can get admin privilege. is disabled now when i try to write login to server as admin `?

Press your Diary key (J x2) to open radio interface and cycle to the "Command" or "Vehicle" channel or simply get into a vehicle.

1 hour ago, phronk said:

I need everyone's feedback (Especially unit leaders / server admins) on what I should do with Support channel.

I just finished redesigning Support channel and now, to have access to Support channel, you must have a radio assigned and a radio in your inventory OR you need to be a in certain type of vehicle seat (Pilot, copilot, driver, gunner, commander).  The Support channel is a long-range radio channel (6KM by default) and is intended to function as a channel that support elements, such as CAS or transport pilots could coordinate with ground teams with and vice versa.

Q: Is the Support channel redundant and therefore should be removed completely?  If not, should it function differently?

I ask this question because all group leaders have access to Command channel.  If you're a squad leader of a fireteam on the ground and you want to communicate with an aircrew, why not just talk to them via Command channel?  The pilot or someone in that aircrew will likely be leader of that aircrew's group.  I think you get the idea.  All feedback is appreciated.

IMHO.....

1. No it is not redundant, and should not be removed. 

2. I don't like the 2nd radio idea. What about by unit assignment like, "Pilot", "JTAC", and "Squad Leader".

Something along the command channel requirement. It might be good to start smaller, and limit to PILOTS and JTAC.

Scenario....

Squad Leader contacts JTAC on command or group, JTAC performs Call for Fire to CAS/FA units on support.

3. Support channel is needed to keep Air communications separate from group, and command. I group pilots by pairs, pilot and co-pilot. Multiple pairs using different aircraft need to communicate across groups, but not on command channel.