10 hours ago, bad benson said:

you should just do

publicVariable is much better solution in this case

21 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

publicVariable is much better solution in this case

oh. i see that the wiki page says it is persistent. was that always the case? i could swear it wasn't at some point.

sorry for apparently wrong info phronk.

58 minutes ago, bad benson said:

oh. i see that the wiki page says it is persistent. was that always the case?

As long as I could remember ;)

• Like 1

The great Killzone_Kid has spoken!  And yes, publicVariable is working now.  Some reason TRUE and FALSE simply were not working and it had to be a numerical value.  The script should work as intended again.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

ADDED:
• Added: Contribution credits via comments at bottom of script to Davidoss, R3vo, rob223344, and Killzone_Kid

ADJUSTMENTS:
• Tweaked: Player sending radio traffic cannot hear himself transmit static anymore
• Tweaked: Added "r_" prefix to most variables/functions to avoid possibility of conflicting with other script functions

FIXED:

• Fixed: Script now selects 1, instead of 0 from the entities check list to avoid player receiving himself
• Fixed: Description.ext in demo mission had a typo, breaking the mission

REMOVED:
• Removed: Redundant "else" switch structure in init.sqf

Edited by phronk
Hotfixed
  • Like 3

Hi phronk,

Cool script!

I played arround with it on my server. I noticed that when you are part of a 3 member group and two members are near each other, but 1 is not, the Single person can still hear the two members which are near each other on group channel, but this Single person can't talk back on group channel because of the distance from him to the others.

Overall I like the mic and noise effects and the fact it works mod-less!

Regards,

Patrick

Really?  That's very odd, because the player who is far away should have his Group channel voice/chat abilities disabled which in turn should also disable his ability to hear incoming traffic on Group channel.  I'll definitely look into this and figure out if it's an engine limitation with VON or if I overlooked something.

Thank you for your report.

@phronk

Nice script, but I noticed something on my exile server, its starts the script and when I'm activating the radio, it appears, but it doesn't disapper, if I stop pressing capslock...

Did I used it wrong or is this a bug?

#EDIT 1: My team mate notice it doesn't stop sending my voice, even if I don't press caps...

Never had that issue occur.  Would need more information to understand why/how it happened in your case.

Just skimming the forums and doesn't that sound like a double tapped Caps Lock key which allows an open mic? 2 cents think nothing of it.

1 hour ago, in005 said:

@phronk

Nice script, but I noticed something on my exile server, its starts the script and when I'm activating the radio, it appears, but it doesn't disapper, if I stop pressing capslock...

Did I used it wrong or is this a bug?

#EDIT 1: My team mate notice it doesn't stop sending my voice, even if I don't press caps...

19 minutes ago, csk222 said:

Just skimming the forums and doesn't that sound like a double tapped Caps Lock key which allows an open mic? 2 cents think nothing of it.

It tested that of course, it was deactivated. But it was sending. 

It seems that BE is blocking fuzz and hush ...

2:18:40 Scripting function 'fuzz' is not allowed to be remotely executed
 2:18:40 Scripting function 'hush' is not allowed to be remotely executed

Sadly i can't get this continue working after i load a saved game, or after respawning.

Isn't it supposed to add an EventHandler for "Respawn"?

What I'm curious about is why you're trying to use this in singleplayer.  Also, the eventHandler should be persistent and not get lost when you respawn.

@in005Either your mission's "Description.ext" file or the Exile mod modify what remoteExec commands are allowed and is blocking the radio script from working.

4 minutes ago, phronk said:

What I'm curious about is why you're trying to use this in singleplayer.  Also, the eventHandler should be persistent and not get lost when you respawn.

I don't, i used this with Ravage mod which have MP save persistency on a coop mission, after just loading a saved game i was unable to use this as like all the other clients.

I've never worked with saving/loading support in any scripts or missions yet, so I honestly have no idea.  In my very limited experience with that kind of stuff, scripts don't always like to initialize at all after a save is loaded.  Not saying it's impossible to fix, I've just never dealt with that sort of stuff yet.  I'll look into it and see if I can add the support in the next update or at least get started with it.

Hello! Very nice! I saw this in your insurgency mission yesterday and loved it, and what do you know, here it is :D annyways;

I got this warning ingame.

From the .rpt:

"10:11:17 Warning Message: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext, line 69: .CfgSounds: Member already defined."

I'm trying to use this radio in a mission which also have the ATM airdrop script, and I noticed that (from the missions description.ext):

#include "ATM_airdrop\dialog.hpp"

class CfgSounds
{
   sounds[] = {Vent,Vent2,Para};

and...

//--- AFAR
class Params {
    class AFAR {
    //paramsArray[0]    (Enable/Disable Scripted Radio)
        title="Addon-Free ArmA Radio (On/Off)";
        values[]={1,0};
        texts[]={"On (Default)","Off"};
        default=1;
    };
};

class CfgSounds {
sounds[]={on1,out

Not being so experienced, is there an easy way to give one of those a new classname?? Is it as easy as I hope, just change it in the description.ext or do I have to change alot of information other places as well?

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for your time

Don't know if I understand your problem right, but try to combine both cfgSounds!So that its just one in the end!

• Like 1

You understood it correctly, and from now on, I'll search and read other threads and wiki's before asking. :)

Thank you

Yeah but in doubt , I think its always good to just ask (my opinion). Simple question require little to no effort to answer :3

• Like 1

Hi, I got this working fine so far but I found an error in my RPT.

Error in expression <then{
_n=(entities[[r_PS],[],true,true])inAreaArray[position player,r_WS,r_WS,36>
Error position: <inAreaArray[position player,r_WS,r_WS,36>
Error Typ Jede, erwartet Zahl

AFAR\rFN.sqf, line 91

can it be, that you mixed up group and command channel?

in your desciption (on map) command channel is in green letters and group channel is in yellow letters. when transmitting on these channels, it's the other way round. further there is a range limitation for command channel (1050m), while on group channel it is limited to 2000m. is that intendet? shouldn't it be the other way round, as well?

also the readme in your download says, to put these lines in the ini.sqf:

AFAR=0;r_WS=0;
if(isServer||isDedicated)then{
if((!isClass(configFile>>"CfgPatches">>"task_force_radio"))&&
{(!isClass(configFile>>"CfgPatches">>"acre_main"))&&
(paramsArray select 0==1)})then{
r_WS=getNumber(configFile>>"CfgWorlds">>worldName>>"mapSize");
publicVariable "r_WS";AFAR=1;publicVariable "AFAR";};};

if i do so afar only works on self-hosted. if i leave out the first line, it also works on dedicated.

like this:

if(isServer||isDedicated)then{
if((!isClass(configFile>>"CfgPatches">>"task_force_radio"))&&
{(!isClass(configFile>>"CfgPatches">>"acre_main"))&&
(paramsArray select 0==1)})then{
r_WS=getNumber(configFile>>"CfgWorlds">>worldName>>"mapSize");
publicVariable "r_WS";AFAR=1;publicVariable "AFAR";};};

some how it doesn't work for us on our dedicated.

i put all lines in the right folders. we can hear beep sound and noises, but can't hear us talking. we also tried it with the demo mission and with takistan insurgency- same result

[AFAR Development News]

The current released version of AFAR is basically a proof-of-concept script, meaning it has bugs and is unoptimized.  I'm starting to redesign / rewrite the code for better efficiency and reliability.  It'll also be more optimized.  AFAR is at the top of my priorities list and I'd like to get it updated as soon as it's ready.  However, I need reliable people to help me test the script.  I'll be hosting a vanilla insurgency mission on my server which uses the latest in-house version of the script.

The testing process is tedious; we'll need to test the script together, find out what's wrong, I make some quick changes to the script, and we test again.  Rinse and repeat.  It's not fun, but it tremendously helps speed up the process with identifying the problems and fixing them.  If you're interested, please send me a Private Message and I'll forward you the information to my TeamSpeak.  Thanks!

• Like 5

This update introduces extremely important fixes and optimizations that were needed to get the script out of its conceptual stage.  While the script is still incomplete and some core features need to be developed (Need to factor out players not in your group when you're talking on group channel, for example) it seems very stable and playable now.  I am fully aware it still needs a lot of work, but your feedback is still very helpful and appreciated.
NOTE: The script will only work if there are at least 2 players on your side in the mission.

ADDED:
• Added: Automatically detects your in-game "Push To Talk" keybind

• Added: Larrow to credits; suggested inputAction command

ADJUSTMENTS:
• Tweaked: Radio only checks for friendly players (AI not supported)

FIXED:

• Fixed: Players in vehicles couldn't directly receive transmissions
• Fixed: Players could hear radio key-ups of players beyond radio range

• Fixed: Your 3D radio would get hidden when someone else stopped talking on radio
• Fixed: Radio noise / 3D radio weren't deleted efficiently

• Optimized: Rewrote how script references source of sender/receivers when handling distances

• Optimized: Distance check uses switch structure, instead of if()then{exitWith{};};

• Optimized: Radio checks distance once on keyPress, instead of 8 times

• Optimized: Removed vehicle player reference in distance check

• Optimized: Deletion of attached radio effects to player

• Optimized: 3D radio / noise attaching/detaching to players

• Optimized: Detection of whether player is in a vehicle or not

• Optimized: Shortened comments and positioned them better in script

• Optimized: Filesize of script reduced to 14kb, down from 20kb

REMOVED:
• Removed: Davidoss and R3vo from credits; contributions not used

• Like 4