Easy typo fix, go into the AFAR folder and edit the init.sqf in there: make sure you delete "common\client\" referenced anywhere in there.

Just now, phronk said:

Easy typo fix, go into the AFAR folder and edit the init.sqf in there: make sure you delete "common\client\" referenced anywhere in there.

Already tried that. Doing so brought back the :
Variable 'r_dis' does not support serialization and should not be stored in the mission namespace.

Are you sure you're using the right version? I don't disableSerialization with r_dis referenced.

• Like 1

Changing subjects, I found this "Phone" on Armaholic but was unable to download (Armaholic stopped working a couble weeks ago for me).

Description: This won't compete with ACRE/TFAR, but it will somehow expand the possibilities you got in terms of immersion and mission design. E.g. not every guerilla group got state-of-the-art radios in their pocket and now they can communicate via the phone.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24865

Perhaps this could act as inspiration for Phronk 🙌

• Thanks 1

Has same problem as barccy: Variable 'r_dis' does not support serialization and should not be stored in the mission namespace.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 7:12 PM, phronk said:

Are you sure you're using the right version? I don't disableSerialization with r_dis referenced.

Yeah, I didn't see it before with .8 up until now, went through other scripts without finding anything similar, and I just tried the same mission with the AFAR description.ext and init.sqf entries commented out to disable it and that eliminated the error mssg. I went through a lot of the AFAR stuff too, and haven't found any reference in what I've seen so far though. It's weird.

https://youtu.be/RZjIDfo1X70

Oh you're right, I had stored findDisplay 46 into a global variable r_dis, which also counts as missionNamespace. (As an experiment and forgot about it)

I fixed it by renaming all r_dis references to (findDisplay 46). Also fixed the init typos. I'm investigating a possible desync bug before updating. My internet is terrible now, so it could be only on my side but just need to confirm I don't have any major network/performance issues hiding in the code before updating AFAR with a hotfix. Will try to get one out today or tomorrow.

• Thanks 4

hi phronk. I downloaded the demo (from Google Drive I think) but I get some script file missing error

Download Link (Google Drive)

Download Link (Steam Workshop)
Download Link (Armaholic)

Version: 0.94b [HOTFIX]

Size: 52 KB

ADDITIONS:

• Added: Admins will be forced into Direct channel, if they talk in Global channel

ADJUSTMENTS:

• Changed: Clicking the "Mode" button in the radio UI toggles the options menu

• Improved: Talking in RTO channel without meeting parameters disables itself

• Improved: Efficiency of code for all "in" and "out" scripts

• Improved: Radio options within radio UI are now color-coded

• Tweaked: CurrentChannel parameter is now passed to "out2.sqf" (Experimental)

• Tweaked: "_p" is now a private variable

• Tweaked: "_seat" is now a private variable

FIXES:
• Fixed: Script error related to storing display 46 as global variable "r_dis"

• Fixed: Script errors related to script path typos

• Fixed: Client-side RPT errors related to missing ; and } in UI code

• Fixed: Script / RPT error from talking on radio while no friendly players on

• Fixed: Abrupt ending of transmissions should transmit more reliably now

• Fixed: Side channel was using the RTO channel's permission in some cases

• Fixed: Talking in the RTO channel while incapacitated would broadcast a squelch

• Fixed: Clicking "Mode" button on radio interface would duplicate buttons

OPTIMIZATIONS:

• Optimized: Talking in radio channels without players to receive won't alert AI

• Optimized: Trimmed unnecessary code from "G_in.sqf"

• Optimized: Replaced toUpper with toUpperANSI in the AFAR "init.sqf"

REMOVALS:

• Removed: Removed "r_dis" global variable

• Removed "V_in.sqf" no longer calls "r_out2"

• Removed: Redundant isAbleToBreathe check in some "in" scripts

• Replaced: Redundant "_hasBP" local variable in 'M_in.sqf'

KNOWN BUGS:

• Mouse buttons not supported (LMB, MMB, and RMB)

Really sorry about the poor hotfix and the delay for the actual hotfix, I intended to update this on the 17th but ended up going to the hospital (Not COVID-19 related) and am trying to recover but may need another visit. So, before my insides kill me, here's a stable update.

If you find any bugs, issues, or have any suggestions, please forward them to me!

Thanks & enjoy!

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, phronk said:

Really sorry about the poor hotfix and the delay for the actual hotfix, I intended to update this on the 17th but ended up going to the hospital (Not COVID-19 related) and am trying to recover but may need another visit. So, before my insides kill me, here's a stable update.

If you find any bugs, issues, or have any suggestions, please forward them to me!

Thanks & enjoy!

First of all thank you for the Update and I wish you a quick and full recovery! Besides taking good care of yourself and not catching anything "new".

2nd... get ready cause our good friend @Dedmen is on the job for you to finally rock this script of yours to the NEXT level. 

Dedmenwill-Fix-2.jpg

At least with my settings, I can't select Direct Channel, at least from the AFARadio UI and / or keybinds. Once the radio is brought up and channel selected, I can't do direct communication anymore. How am I going to taunt enemies I sneak up behind, now?

@LSValmont  💀 Any day now!

@barccy Direct Channel cannot be selected via the radio interface, you'd have to set a PushToTalkDirect keybind for that. (For now, anyway). Can still select it via < and > if you enable the "r_chOn" setting in the "CFG.sqf" file.

• Like 1