1 hour ago, phronk said:

modified the path.
The file has been added back to the path.

start.ogg   files

New radio start.ogg file you want to change

AFAR\sound.

I did so
The radio is not working yet.

class in2 {name="in2";sound[]={"AFAR\sound\start.ogg",db+10,.7};AFAR};

RPT Error Content: 16:08:02 Sound: Error: File: afar\sound\start.ogg not found !!!
16:08:02 Sound: Error: File: afar\sound\start.ogg not found !!!
16:08:03 Sound: Error: File: afar\sound\start.ogg not found 

It exists in my mission folder.
  AFAR\sound\start.ogg

Are you sure it's actually a .ogg file? If so, I don't know why you're getting that error.

I solved it in another way.

Thanks for the advice

I have a suggestion for the next update

One: add side channel chat

two: incapacitation  players can not use group channel chat

I want to change to use group channel chat

I found one problem.

Vehicle channel radio does not work ...

Code check required ..

I've set the Vehicle channel radio hotkeys (number2) key

However, it can only be used once and after that the car channel radio will disappear automatically.

Vehicle channel radio check required.

• Like 1

@phronk   are you planned a bigger range for radio backpack and 4x4 offroad radio comm? (from contact dlc)

would be cool if  has  telephone receiver animation .....

901A23E99DBCEF95C9D50815CCE5000127C0E686

• Like 1

@Pantom I haven't had that issue, but I'll look into it. If I confirm the bug exists, I'll include a fix in the next update. Thanks!

@zukov The script no longer takes range into consideration, only overcast and rain. This is due to the limitation of being unable to locally mute or adjust volume levels for players via script/mod. The radio backpacks from Contact DLC allow you to be an RTO. Next update supports CUP radio backpacks also.

• Like 2

[DEVELOPMENT UPDATE]

Version 0.94 is getting close to being done, I just need to test the fixes (Potentially big fixes with JIP compatibility) and finish adding support for the optional and disabled by default Side Channnel, due to popular demand; there's a new setting in the 'CFG.sqf' which lets you enable/disable Side channel support for AFAR in your mission. By default, this is disabled, but if you enable it, it will allow all players on the same Side to communicate by both text and voice (Unless you also alter the new Side channel permissions array, which is also included in the new version's 'CFG.sqf'). The only requirement to speak in Side channel, if it is enabled, is a radio or radio backpack equipped. Additionally, it should go without saying that the player has to also be alive, breathing (Underwater with a rebreather or above water), and not incapacitated.

While I work on wrapping up fixing bugs, finishing the Side channel code, and testing JIP compatibility, do you guys have any additional suggestions? New ideas likely won't get added until version 0.95, such as Allies Channel and the option to allow incapacitated players to speak/use radios. AFAR will not be converted into an addon until all major bugs are fixed and Allies Channel is properly implemented, which will obviously not have "Addon-Free" in the name of the mod. I will continue to update both versions (Script / Addon) of the project.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

@phronk Very curious if the custom backpack implementation you were talking about previously will be in with 0.94, waiting to be able to use rto channel with out the contact dlc requirments needed by the current backpack

@Jannings The upcoming version will include support for radio backpacks from the Livonia DLC and CUP Units.

Thank you so much! Using this currently for a unit and going to be for a warlords server also, by far a great script to do realistic radios with out all the extra hassle of the ones currently out that require extra third party applications. Please keep up the amazing work, as I love all the scripts you've made and have used numerous ones to increase the over all realism and gameplay for over a year now

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 5:20 AM, phronk said:

While I work on wrapping up fixing bugs, finishing the Side channel code, and testing JIP compatibility, do you guys have any additional suggestions? New ideas likely won't get added until version 0.95, such as Allies Channel and the option to allow incapacitated players to speak/use radios. AFAR will not be converted into an addon until all major bugs are fixed and Allies Channel is properly implemented, which will obviously not have "Addon-Free" in the name of the mod. I will continue to update both versions (Script / Addon) of the project.

More than a suggestion I would like to do a personal request on something that has been missing in Arma 3 script wise but could benefit tons of missions and perhaps it is in your field of expertise and for you to consider it as it is related to communications.

Addon-Free ArmA Phone

Basically a small UI phone that allows you to have a direct communication "Call"  with any other player on the server.

As always simplicity is the trait of geniuses so it should be as simple as possible:

- Press a key to bring up the phone UI.

- Select a displayable list from within the phone UI containing all the name of the current players.

- Press the call button.

- The other player (recipient) gets and audible ring and can bring up his phone to see who is calling and answer/dismiss the call.

- If the receiving player is still talking on a previous call then the calling player gets a "busy" tone.

• Thanks 1

@Jannings Thanks, the new version is basically ready for release, just testing it thoroughly with other players to make sure it's actually JIP compatible now and fixing a couple minor issues. Also doing a small experiment with how the script initially checks channel permissions on key press/release to fix certain bugs. May revert it before release.

@LSValmont Unfortunately, an intuitive cell phone script to manage texts, contacts, etc would fit more into an Altis Life mission more than "MilSim" missions (Which I enjoy more), so it's outside the scope of AFAR. If I ever decide to make an Altis Life thing, I would do it. For now, it's a no-go. I appreciate the suggestion though lol.

AFAR is currently in testing phase while receiving minor tweaks and fixes. An update is very close. Likely this week or weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, phronk said:

@LSValmont Unfortunately, an intuitive cell phone script to manage texts, contacts, etc would fit more into an Altis Life mission more than "MilSim" missions (Which I enjoy more), so it's outside the scope of AFAR. If I ever decide to make an Altis Life thing, I would do it. For now, it's a no-go. I appreciate the suggestion though lol.

Thank you Phronk!

I was also under the impression that a phone was out of the scope of any non "Life" mission but then I played "OLD MAN" and realised its potential.

Keep it up with AFAR! It is by far the must have script for 90% of my missions!

PS: Here is an example phone mod by Gruppe Adler, sadly it is a mod not a script and has dependencies on ACE and TFAR and that kills it for me.

https://github.com/gruppe-adler/grad-telephone

Even if no more functional than any other radio, a phone image and/or model would be nice, and wouldn't be limited to "Life" as resistance movements might use them to communicate as they have in real guerrilla movements.

Edited by barccy
  • Like 1

Good point, I might be able to do a cellphone thing that would fit insurgents maybe. I'll think about it. Don't hold your breath though lol, I take long enough as it is to update stuff lol. In reality, insurgents also use their own shitty handheld radios as well as cell phones. May do a combination of the handheld radio (Looks like a walkie talkie) and cell phone depending on channel the player speaks in. We'll see.

Tests going good so far.

In more unrelated news, CRS ,(Combat Realism Scripts) is also probably going to finally get an update soon also; mostly an overhaul for better usability and bug fixes.

• Thanks 2

Hi, I don’t know where to post a question, but I was wondering if it is possible to change where the incoming comms are routed? They are coming out where the game audio comes out(my speakers), but I want them to come out of my headphones.. tfar comms come they the headphones while game audio comes thru the speakers. I would like to replicate this with your addon.. thanks.

@Bode_DHSF That issue is unrelated to AFAR. You probably had audio setup via teamspeak which allowed default game audio through speakers and teamspeak came through headset. Never heard of someone playing with both headset and speakers on lol.

On 3/1/2020 at 4:51 AM, Bode_DHSF said:

I would like to replicate this with your addon.. thanks.

Not possible, Arma only has one audio output device.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 12:14 PM, phronk said:

@Bode_DHSF That issue is unrelated to AFAR. You probably had audio setup via teamspeak which allowed default game audio through speakers and teamspeak came through headset. Never heard of someone playing with both headset and speakers on lol.

Got it.. Yea, I like the game world sounds to fill the room & have Comms thru headset. Sounds much better(to me).. I do it for most of my games.. 

On 3/3/2020 at 5:47 AM, Dedmen said:

Not possible, Arma only has one audio output device.

Got it.. thanks for the response guys..

Download Link (Google Drive)

Download Link (Steam Workshop)
Download Link (Armaholic)

Version: 0.94

Size: 52 KB

ADDITIONS:

• Added: waitUntil in beginning of code init for JIP compatibility

• Added: Support for CUP radio backpacks

• Added: Side channel support (Optional, disabled by default)

• Added: "r_sideCH" global variable to 'CFG.sqf'

• Added: "r_mCH" global variable to 'CFG.sqf' (Used for modified "Air Channel")

• Added: New function 'hasRadio.sqf' which checks player if they have a radio

• Added: If "r_chOn" = FALSE, using cycle channel keybind will open radio UI

• Added: Radio interface shows which channel you are currently in

• Added: Player is given a radio upon connecting, if no radio equipped

ADJUSTMENTS:

• Improved: AFAR briefing information

• Changed: Channel switching keybinds are disabled by default

• Tweaked: Script no longer initializes on headless clients

• Tweaked: "r_CH" global variable is now a publicVariable

• Tweaked: "dn.sqf"/"up.sqf" do some basic checks, instead of each channel script

• Tweaked: "Air Channel" refers to the new "r_mCH" variable, instead of "r_sCH"

• Tweaked: Arma Radio briefing shows info corresponding with 'CFG.sqf' variables

• Tweaked: Default "Air Channel" in 'CFG.sqf' is now "Air channel"

FIXES:
• Fixed: JIP issues related to player and "r_p" variable

• Fixed: Zeus eventHandlers caused leak, gradually degrading FPS

• Fixed: Typo in 'S_In.sqf' ("_ap" should now be "_p")

• Fixed: "_p" variable was undefined in some scopes

• Fixed: All caps TRUE/FALSE values in 'CFG.sqf' are now lower-case

• Fixed: Script error related to serialization of "r_dis" variable

• Fixed: Script error related to improper admin check

• Fixed: 'out2.sqf' was still referencing the outdated "RTO" unitTrait

• Fixed: 'noCHS.sqf'

• Fixed: 'prevCH.sqf' / 'nextCH.sqf' could switch to own channel

OPTIMIZATIONS:

• Optimized: Merged check for "ItemRadio" / radio backpack into a small function

• Optimized: Method custom radio channels' variables are made into publicVariables

• Optimized: Removed many unnecessary semi-colons

REMOVALS:

• Removed: "r_RTO" global variable (Add radio backpack to unit for RTO capability)

• Removed: Redundant params["_c"] from 'out2.sqf'

• Removed: Redundant exitWith code at beginning of 'sOut.sqf'

KNOWN BUGS:

• Mouse buttons not supported (LMB, MMB, and RMB)
Boolean values set in 'CFG.sqf' may be ignored if not in all lower-case letters

This update is full of very important fixes and includes Side channel support. Radio backpack support has also been extended to CUP radio backpacks. Before posting this update, I made sure there were no script errors or script breaking issues, hence the long delay. All major bugs are now fixed, aside from the lack of mouse button support. (PushToTalk keys bound to buttons on a mouse bypass the AFAR eventHandlers). The project is finally almost "complete." Main features I'd like to add in the next update would be:

• Add an Allies channel
  • Option to allow players to talk on radios while incapacitated
  • Add support for mouse button keybinds/inputs

If you find any bugs, issues, or have any suggestions, please forward them to me!

[EDIT]

Possibly breaks on respawn, working on a hotfix update very soon.

Thanks & enjoy!

• Thanks 4

Download Link (Google Drive)

Download Link (Steam Workshop)
Download Link (Armaholic)

Version: 0.94a [HOTFIX]

Size: 53 KB

ADDITIONS:

• Added: "r_RTOBP" global variable to 'CFG.sqf' (Add backpacks to RTO check)

ADJUSTMENTS:

• Tweaked: Attempted to open radio UI while it is already open will close it

FIXES:
• Fixed: EventHandlers and "r_dn_" wouldn't reset upon respawning

• Fixed: After respawn, unable to switch radio channels via radio interface

• Fixed: Radio text showed "true" instead of actual current radio channel

• Fixed: Talking in Spectator channel would break PushToTalk eventHandlers

• Fixed: Potential script error related to undefined "r_up_" global variable

OPTIMIZATIONS:

• Optimized: Removed more unnecessary semi-colons

REMOVALS:

• Removed: Suspended code from Respawn eventHandler

KNOWN BUGS:

• Mouse buttons not supported (LMB, MMB, and RMB)

Quick hotfix. Most issues were apparent after respawning. This fixes some pretty important bugs. Should be stable now. This time for sure! 😅

If you find any bugs, issues, or have any suggestions, please forward them to me!

Thanks & enjoy!

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, phronk said:

Thanks & enjoy!

Thank you! We are enjoying this ALOT!

Can't wait for the phone (militia) version (if posible). 

• Like 1

Following error at the start of my 3den local mp game with respawn on start
Script common\client\AFAR\f\hasRadio.sqf not found