If I add this to the unit I want...

setUnitTitrow["RTO,"true,true];

What functions do you have?

I want to know the function of RTO.

1. Side and Global channels are both blocked by AFAR -- only the mission host/admin has access to Global. I plan on including an option to enable Side channel support in the next update, but it'll be disabled by default (Option to enable it will be in the CFG.sqf).
  2. The unitTrait "RTO" no longer does anything in AFAR; it used to give access to the custom "Air" channel, but now to have access to it you must be a pilot or have a radio backpack (From Contact DLC) equipped.

how do you disable global and side chat?

0 enableChannel [false, false];//Global disabled
1 enableChannel [false, false];//Side disabled

• Thanks 1

That is a minor script error which is fixed in the next version. I also fixed another script error which may break the script related to improper use of the "admin" command.

Thank you for your answer ~

Thank you for sharing the good

I look forward to it!

Hello, first off i just want to say thanks so much for creating such a great substitute for the traditional arma 3 radios, yours does so much for such an easy to understand layout, i do have one question though, that being, is it possible to make more custom channels, say if i wanted a channel for people to request support in a specific channel?

@Jannings The answer is sort of included here in my AFAR FAQ post, but also the literal answer is on the scripting wiki page for creating custom radio channels:

Create a custom radio channel with the given color, label, call sign and registered characters. The index returned can be used to manipulate the created channel later. There are 10 slots for custom radio channels which would correspond to channels 6-15 (see getPlayerChannel). The command will find an unused index in this range and create it when found. Server only.

Currently, AFAR adds 4 custom radio channels (1 "Air Channel" per side and the "Spectator" channel). Early in the script's development I tried to figure out a way to add programmable radios and stuff like that, but I couldn't find a feasible way to do it, while still taking into account other playable sides. The next and final custom channel I may add is an "Allies" channel to allow Independent to communicate with Blufor or Opfor.

• Like 1

okay cause im just trying to get a channel for support to be done in, but i cant do it, i even tried changing the backpack required for RTO as i dont have the Contact DLC, so i was using a different backpack but i still cant use the Air channel, it just makes me use direct

So how would I got about adding another channel, cause I'm fairly new to scripting and spent hours last night trying to figure out how to make a channel for them to call support in and i couldnt figure it out, almost passed out at my keyboard lol

Jannings' post reminds me - 

Is it possible to add a variable in CFG.sqf for the backpack classnames for easy changes? I personally have Contact DLC, but others don't so they may prefer a backpack from a mod or even a base Arma one.
Also, I don't know how much your script checks for the backpacks on players, but if it doesn't introduce lag, adding the option for items other than backpacks would work well with the above.

I still use this script in missions. Keep it up!

There is no easy way to add your own radio channels without breaking my script or making it compatible because every radio channel is referenced in several functions. Some functions reference all current channels, such as the channel cycling functions for the radio UI.

I may add a configurable radio backpack variable. My intention is to add automatic support with radio backpacks added by CUP and RHS also.

• Like 1

okay then i guess i will just have to wait to have any type of support channel then, will use it to the best i can, look forward to an update then 🙂

Group or command

I want to know the maximum communication distance.

Group Channel: 2-3km?

Command channel: 6 km?

Distance is no longer a factor because of Arma limitations with VOIP. When BI adds the commands necessary to allow me to simulate distance factoring better, I will add it back in.

I rewrote the script to be based on time of day, overcast, and rain.

• Like 1

Developer ~

Chat and microphone do not work if the player is incapacitation
We are a public server, so if the player isincapacitation .....

Need chat feature ...

Enable chat when player is incapacitation
Can you add it?

I'd have to rewrite a lot of the code in all of my functions to remove the incapacitated voice blocking feature; you can still speak in Direct but it will block you in all other channels. No plans on removing it.

how possible is it to change the radio backpack variable, is it possible or to difficult? just wondering if its possible for me to set a different item up

On 11/27/2019 at 6:53 PM, phronk said:

I may add a configurable radio backpack variable. My intention is to add automatic support with radio backpacks added by CUP and RHS also.

Vehicle channel does not work

I set it like this:  r_vCH = [TRUE, TRUE]; // Vehicle Channel ~ Chat / Voice >> Default: [TRUE, TRUE]

I can't do the microphone. What is the reason?

It should work, I don't really do much with the Vehicle channel. Its default behavior is so that anyone in the same vehicle can communicate via that channel. If you are in a car and someone else is in that car with you, you two should be able to speak in Vehicle channel and send/receive messages on that channel while in the same vehicle.

Thank you for answer..

I'm trying to change the radio sound (vanilla.ogg) in out.

Which path should I change to?

I changed the path here to the radio file I wanted.

But didn't work                    SFX.hpp

class in0 {name = "in0"; sound [] = {"@ A3 \ Dubbing_Radio_F \ sfx \ in2a.ogg", db + 10,1.1}; AFAR};
class in1 {name = "in1"; sound [] = {"@ A3 \ Dubbing_Radio_F \ sfx \ in2a.ogg", db + 10,1}; AFAR};
class in2 {name = "in2"; sound [] = {"@ A3 \ Dubbing_Radio_F \ sfx \ in2a.ogg", db + 10, .7}; AFAR};
class out1 {name = "out1"; sound [] = {"@ A3 \ Dubbing_Radio_F \ sfx \ out2a.ogg", db + 6,1}; AFAR};

My custom radio file
after change

Class in0 {name = "in0"; Sound [] = {"sound \ start.ogg", db + 10,1.1}; far};
Class in1 {name = "in1"; Sound [] = {"sound \ start.ogg", db + 10,1}; far};
Class in2 {name = "in2"; Sound [] = {"sound \ start.ogg", db + 10, .7}; far};
Class out1 {name = "out1"; Sound [] = {"sound \ end.ogg", db + 6,1}; far};

Is the "start.ogg" and "end.ogg" inside a folder called "sound", which is located in the mission's root folder? If the "sound" folder is in the "AFAR" folder, I'd recommend making the file path:
"AFAR\sound\start.ogg"
and
"AFAR\sound\end.ogg"