Sign in to follow this  
Peiper

Importing objects...

I have the problem, that my imported Object has some real probs, because most pieces of the mesh are not on their place

That`s my problem when I import my meshes:

leoimport.jpg

Attach all parts of this tank to one object and try import again - it should help.

Wow.. then you're better then me! He doesn't import the 3DS files I made with Milkshape sad.gif

Ok, I have the whole mesh now imported, but I think its now impossible to add attributes without e.g. the turret and the maingun as an extra object?!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Peiper @ April 24 2002,18:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, I have the whole mesh now imported, but I think its now impossible to add attributes without e.g. the turret and the maingun as an extra object?!<span id='postcolor'>

I have O2 but I'm waiting for my autorization code. I have a question, can o2 import *.obj files? or only 3ds files can be imported?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Peiper @ April 24 2002,19:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, I have the whole mesh now imported, but I think its now impossible to add attributes without e.g. the turret and the maingun as an extra object?!<span id='postcolor'>

For Oxygen is any unconected (by polygon) part separate object. So only singlemesh object is taken as one object...

No problem I have 3ds max smile.gif but I only need my code, I want to view my IVECO 55 in opf now.

Sigh

1. But how can I add attributes to the mesh now?

2. How can I rotate the perspective view?

3. Can I make faces 2-sided?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1. But how can I add attributes to the mesh now?<span id='postcolor'>

Uhm... what attributes?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2. How can I rotate the perspective view?<span id='postcolor'>

Hold left Alt + RMB and drag.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">3. Can I make faces 2-sided?<span id='postcolor'>

Of course. Just select face wich u want make doublesided and press F6 again.

Thnx, I need a little practise but i think I`m near to get the first object ingame.

How can I creat a object with my tank mesh like the ingame tanks?

How can I group the Turret, wheels and so on? I think I need an mesh that consists of more than one objekt?