Sign in to follow this  
(T)r@cer

Background texture...

Everytime I want to open a .gif background texture I get a error saying that its not possible to convert .gif to .pac. I dont want to convert the background, I just want to open it. I did exactly the same as in the m16 tutorial, but it is not working for me, any ideas? confused.gif

Thanks.

Texture must be 16x32x64x128x256x512 in size for conversion into pac or paa. Put picture into background without converting isn`t possible in O2 Lite.

I can load the texture but there is no change!

what's wrong?

my texture is 512x512 and paa file

I'm having a problem with background texture. I followed the instructions in the tutorial "how do make an M16", which is simple enough, but when I right click and load texture, no image appears, and I'm trying to load the image they supplied for the purpose of making an image plane! smile.gif

Is there some setting that I have to turn on?

Konyak

Same thing is happening with me. When i click on load texture, nothing appears no matter what image i try. I've read all the tutorials and nothing seems to be there to help ::shrugs::. Anyone having any luck with this? It seems most people i've talked to are having the same problems as well    wow.gif

Ummm...it worked for me!

Try using textures of sizes 128x128 or 256x256 (or a combination of that two values) - I used 128x256 for my Predator model making and TEXTURE MAPPING (very easy when you learn how to do it) and it worked perfectly - you can see the results in this thread!

FlipeR

please help me...

I could load the texture but it doesn't appear!

texture size is 256x256 and paa file

I aslo tired with GIF and tga but it doesn't work too

Is it homemade texture or from the game?

Is the texture showing in texView utility?

I remember having the same problem ( i cannot test it - still waiting for new unlock codes..).

Sometimes i could load textures and sometime it simply didn't work! It has nothing to do with wether they're visible/viewble in TexView or not!! confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is it homemade texture or from the game?

Is the texture showing in texView utility?<span id='postcolor'>

Not homemade, it´s the file that was included from BIS to use in the tutorial.   One called m16_FM.gif  It´s 512x256 and suggested by BIS to use.   How about someone who is able to load that texture, post their options setup for O2?  Seems I'm not the only one having this problem.

Konyak

PS. Just remembered, in the viewport, you press 'a' to get into the background texture edit mode, you can either click and drag a box and then right click in that box and select load texture, or you can just click anywhere and load a texture. Is there any difference? (nothing happens in either case so maybe both ways are wrong) smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One called m16_FM.gif It´s 512x256 and suggested by BIS to use. How about someone who is able to load that texture, post their options setup for O2? <span id='postcolor'>

I had the same thing first, I could not load the textures, but then I realised I had Oxygen installed in a wrong directery.

Try to install O2light in: C:\ProgramFile\Oxygen and the O2 viewer in: C:\O2viewer. You will see that all the options are working this time together with loading the background textures. smile.gif

Ok, I found -MY- problem. I installed it in program files and it still didn't work, so I went through the options settings and found one setting I missed. It´s the one that sets the path to the .dll folder. I wouldn't be surprized if this was also the problem for some of the others that hadn't gotten their background image to appear.

So under file-> options, set the .dll folder to the oxygen dir your running your O2 from and it should work.

Konyak