Sign in to follow this  
tmp95

I have AI "surrender" but he won't move once he joins my group?

I have this in the activation of a trigger on an HVT I'm looking to capture alive and then take with me. Using a trigger once I'm close enough to him.   He drops weapon and becomes part of my group. However, he won't move. What am I missing??

removeallweapons HVT; hvt PLAYACTION "SURRENDER"; [HVT] join SEAL1; hvt enableAI "move";hVT setcaptive false;

• Like 1

HVT switchMove "";

Breaks the surrender animation so he can move again.  I'd recommend using this animation to make the HVT look scared:

HVT switchMove "ApanPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G01";

• Like 2

Weird. He still won't move.  If I just use  

removeallweapons HVT; [HVT] join SEAL1;

He will join my unit (when I'm within trigger distance) and move along with me (basically what I want).  I just confused now and trying to playtest why I can't get him to move once I put in the "surrender" option, or remove that and use your HVT switchMove "ApanPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G01"; opition (which I like).

Another quesiton?

Is there a way to make an Opfor AI only joingroup once so many rounds have passed by him (to make him surrender more or less) ??

Thanks any advice.

Basically as is now. I'm trying to use the following and he won't move (will join but not move)

removeallweapons HVT; [HVT] join SEAL1; HVT switchMove "ApanPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G01";HVT setcaptive false; HVT enableAI "move";

• Like 1

Good question, I think several surrendering scripts have been twatted since the past few upgrades, they do indeed join the group, but if they're inside, they can't seem to get out the door.

Solved. I needed to tell him to stand up, then he would follow and move. If in stay low positoin (which I had him started in, he woudl not move).  Thanks again.

Would be interested to know if I can make him join only after him being fired at by say apprx 10 rounds.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tmp95 said:

Would be interested to know if I can make him join only after him being fired at by say apprx 10 rounds.

Look into the FiredNear event handler.