Sign in to follow this  
PSC

[question] new registration codes?

I've got a simple question. Yesterday I tried to start o2light. I followed the instructions, send the automatically generated request-codes to BIS, they send the authorisation-codes back to me, I inserted them, and everything worked fine for a while.

Unfortunately I had to delete my o2light folder due to a problem with memory-adresses-stuff (I dunno exactly what happened, but I always got an error message when I tried to start the program, containing cryptical stuff like "ADRXE75437643FILJHF65436534" and so on...).

So I unzipped the program again and tried to start it, but the request-codes were different this time, and of course the authorisation-codes did not work as well.

Does that mean I always have to request new codes when I delete the program? The instructions do not tell me details about that. It only says:

Also, if you reinstall your PC completely or if you want to install on a different PC, you need new codes to unlock the software.

Neither did I completely reinstall my PC, nor did I use a different one.

Thanks in advance for the answer, PSC

If you extract the o2light *.zip the one *.dll generates a new lockcode from the actual date or time maybe, it will be not hard to crack it, but I don´t have the needed knowlegde about such things.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Peiper @ April 25 2002,17:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you extract the o2light *.zip the one *.dll generates a new lockcode from the actual date or time maybe, it will be not hard to crack it, but I don´t have the needed knowlegde about such things.<span id='postcolor'>

Are you joking? Do you think it's good idea to even say word "crack" over here in this forum? Come on.

Also, concerning the code: we have some requests for additional codes. However, at the moment our priority is to dealing with people that are getting their first codes so you have to be patient now.

Also, we should probably update the instructions document to make sure people understand that you can't just delete the Oxygen from anywhere because in that case you're going to need new codes.

Yes I am joking a bit, because your nice 64 Bit Code would take a half year to break lol biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif good work there

I understand that the first-people-code is more important, and so: I wait until I`ll get the new codes next week/month. My posts, were the first wave of my frustration, because I had to reinstall my windows and so OË› were deleted as well. And yea, I`ll be patient sad.gif

Thanks for the answer. Of course people who did not even get their first codes yet are more importand at the moment than poeple that already had their chance.

And I know that I will not be that fast with deleting Oxygene next time... tounge.gif

Till later, PSC

Maruk, I really understand your heavy security, but isn't their a way to make an automatic code generation at your end? biggrin.gif

I really didn't wanted to delete my OË› installation - but my partition table error didn't leave any chances to me sad.gif

The worst thing is that it happened two times.. so i have to send another unlock code request (this time i will test if the system runs smoothly before i send it..).

And the second time my OË› installation wasn't even deleted - only my windows had to be reinstalled. SO obviously OË› is puuting some of the data into the windows installation. Could you change that? Because then we wouldn't have to request a new code after every new windows install!!