2 hours ago, jarrad96 said:

So, I've been in talks with a few server admins. Would there be people interested in RHS compatible versions of some of the SFF factions, as an optional version that replaces the SMA/NIA weapons and SFF vehicles with RHS weapons and vehicles.

absolutely! that would save servers from downloading extra mods.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, modder said:

Would there be people interested in RHS compatible versions of some of the SFF factions, as an optional version that replaces the SMA/NIA weapons and SFF vehicles with RHS weapons and vehicles.

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!:thumb:

I would love to see these units with RHS weapons(Especially the spetsnaz, new zenitco aks will look great with them). Also use of RHS gear could be awesome, but it would create more work for you, so it's all up to you

• Like 1

I think the RHS gear (uniforms/vests/helmets) would be on a case-by case basis, depends on the faction. VSM (or custom like the Spetznaz, Africans or Colombians) would still be used for many of the forces.  

Should some of the alignments be changed? Example making Spetznaz OPFOR to match the main Russians from RHS? 

35 minutes ago, jarrad96 said:

I think the RHS gear (uniforms/vests/helmets) would be on a case-by case basis, depends on the faction. VSM (or custom like the Spetznaz, Africans or Colombians) would still be used for many of the forces.  

Should some of the alignments be changed? Example making Spetznaz OPFOR to match the main Russians from RHS? 

I think what Ltf meant, (which IF it is I agree with) if you make a RHS weapons and vehicles dependencies will allowed mission makers that already use RHS, still  using VSM but shortening mod list by cutting on mod list. Beside, with the latest update, RHS eastern and western blocks weapons are high quality.So your mod will loose little,if not none, "quality" over SMA/NIA weapons and SFF vehicles.

52 minutes ago, jarrad96 said:

Naaah, main russian sf gear looks old on RHS. In my opinion you can use RHS opscores on marsoc or rangers, altyn helmets on spetsnaz and etc. Keep the core of infantry but change little things

Ok, maybe I should explain a bit? 

I plan to use VSM uniforms, vests and helmets still, but make the weapons mostly RHS (apart from outliers like G3's, FAL's and M60's that RHS does not have) and all SFF vehicles will be replaced with RHS equivalents. In Spetznaz in particular, you will see RHS AK's, keeping the SURPAT uniforms, and maybe some RHS vests (not sure, opinions on RHS vests VS VSM vests for Russian forces?) 

These will be done as a standalone 'RHS' version (Steam Workshop, as it has no optional support) 

Like ltf said, the core of the factions will remain unchanged, just different guns and vics, and maybe details like helmets. 

• Like 2

Use VSM vests. Like I said before RHS russian gear doesn't fit to modern sf groups

• Like 2

Yep, I will be adding RHS vehicles instead of SSF or reskins on the RHS versions. SMA version will stay the same. 

I was thinking of starting with the ANA as the first faction with a RHS version, but the upcoming Pakistani SSG would keep the SMA dependency for the AUG's. 

CIA SAD will hopefully release with 2 versions, the SMA and RHS versions. If not, the second version will come out soon after. 

I can't actually work on factions right now, still in the Outback, but I have been going through contacts and such. 

The Australian 2nd Commandos-

faction will be receiving a major overhaul, thanks to Roadrunners donation of his new SOTG equipment to the faction. 

The ANA, EFM (Private) and possibly a US group will be the first factions offered with the RHS versions. (Thanks MistyRonin for the permission) 

New, upcoming factions planned in some form.

CIA Black Units- 

Placeholder name, as it consists of SAD, Task Force Orange, and possibly others like SOG. 

Still on hold due to waiting for a VSM uniforms update, but I have been gathering information, equipment details and such on them- I will most likely be basing them on a range of sources all the way from 2001 to 2017, primarily from 2009-2010 onwards.

Will be wearing a mix of guerrilla clothing, Multicam and mixed uniforms, with the HK416 CQC, MP7 and Mk18's. Heavy amounts of UAV support and civilian vehicles. 

I need to thank 'M' here for telling me what he can about the units gear and weaponry, he's been fantastic help. 

Pakistani SSG-

2009-2014 era, mainly focusing on SSG commandos armed with the AUG and AK, with small amounts of M4's. Wearing M81 uniforms with Tan/OD equipment. 

Irish Commandos-

Wearing DPM or Irish DPM uniforms, armed with HK416's, G3's and Minimis or MAG machine guns. 

Continuing the Overhaul series-

I will be continuing the faction overhauls/replacement packs for the Arma 3 factions- Next will likely be Syndicate (Vanilla/ NIA / RHS versions, which do you prefer, or I could try and do all three. It will also expand the unit range to include additional units such as technicals, which appear in the Apex Campaign but are not available to use) 

I'll be starting a Bachelor's degree in History when I get back, so won't be working full-time on the factions anymore- no more 2-3 factions a week, but I will still be working on them. 

• Like 2

Hi!

First of all, thanks for this pack of mods, but I have a little bug to say:

the PLA rpg gunner has wrong missles in the backpack.

However thanks for your work!

Sorry for my bad english.

Hi. Why doesn't the gear changes u make in editor apply when u play??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vlk, we've spoken about this every few pages, so I will be a bit more blunt. 

-I know that editor kit changes do not apply to the units when you hit play. It's a limitation with the faction creator, as it forces kit upon mission start. 

-I do not know how to fix it, or I would. I don't know any alternatives to it. 

-Once a mission has loaded ingame any changes can be made without problems. 

On the PLA RPG I originally used the CSAT (Pacific) 'base unit' for the soldier, but it does occasionally bug the backpack back the previous one, rather than the RPG-7 pack.

I could look into changing the base class to the Syndicate RPG-7 gunner unit as his backpack has the right rounds. 

Also been thinking about removing the SMA dependencies for the PLA, as it only uses optics. The CSAT replacement PLA will be similar- not requiring SMA. 

Vlk, we've spoken about this every few pages, so I will be a bit more blunt. 
-I know that editor kit changes do not apply to the units when you hit play. It's a limitation with the faction creator, as it forces kit upon mission start. 
-I do not know how to fix it, or I would. I don't know any alternatives to it. 
-Once a mission has loaded ingame any changes can be made without problems. 

On the PLA RPG I originally used the CSAT (Pacific) 'base unit' for the soldier, but it does occasionally bug the backpack back the previous one, rather than the RPG-7 pack.
I could look into changing the base class to the Syndicate RPG-7 gunner unit as his backpack has the right rounds. 

Also been thinking about removing the SMA dependencies for the PLA, as it only uses optics. The CSAT replacement PLA will be similar- not requiring SMA. 

Ty for a blunt response. Hope I figure it out :)

I few ways I have done it-

Option 1-

Place the soldier you want in editor, save his loadout, and then replace with a default NATO guy, just give him the savedkit.

Option 2-

Any kit changes after mission start (example Arsenal boxes and maybe load out scripts) work without issue, so maybe you could have a script that triggers at 5 seconds that re-gears the units if you don't want option 1. 

• Like 1

As of now I use personal arsenal. Just a little hassle when I want my whole team to have custom gear

I am alive again, back from my trip.

I've spent the past few hours checking RHS compatibility with my custom factions and it should be a really simple swap over. I might actually be able to have some photos of something up within 24 hours. 

The only problem I've noticed seems to be with the M4 Block 2 and Mk18 (which would be rather heavily used in my factions), they have a strange visual bug and artifacting in third person? Running newest RHS version.

• Like 4

Yep, that's the 3FPS bug- not related to any mod in particular, but the game in general.

there is no fix on the main branch yet but apparently Dev build is much better and has it very little/ if at all. 

31 minutes ago, jarrad96 said:

Yep, that's the 3FPS bug- not related to any mod in particular, but the game in general.

there is no fix on the main branch yet but apparently Dev build is much better and has it very little/ if at all. 

It also happens with mk11s and vanilla m14, right? Hope I'm not the only one

So, some RHS kit as part of the 'Epirean Free Militia' faction. 

I based them on a loose mix of Eastern European rebels with bits and pieces from all over the place, so they use bits of western, guerilla, partisan and older Russian kit.

Split into 2 main groups, a larger and less well equipped militia force and a small, better equipped veteran core who have fancier kit like NVG's and more modern kit like AK-74M's and VSS instead of AKM/ AKMS's.

vLY04fi.jpg

Veteran forces on patrol in the Caucasus mountains. 

VJ6mzH3.jpg

A Mi-8 ferries forces towards the frontline under the cover of thick fog. 

aYbAGqB.jpg

EFM mechanised unit rolls past an isolated Middle Eastern compound. 

XoF2cyV.jpg

Sniper/Spotter team. 

toSvHUO.jpg

Ural with ZU-23 AA cannon's form the factions mobile AA defence- I picked it over the Shilka for a more irregular, ramshackle, feel. 

1jPQtCu.jpg

One of the few T-72's operated by the EFM for a propaganda shot. 

EFM are a private faction, internal to my group, this is just showing off that I can easily convert the factions into RHS compatible versions. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I've seen the weird vertex bug on the Mk11 before, but only in RHS. The same rifle and model standalone (by Kiory) had no issues last time I checked. 

• Like 1