Sign in to follow this  
VipHeart

The empire strikes back..

well, LucasArts/LucasFilm can be a real tit sometimes, I remember they shut a site down that made Star Wars maps for Unreal Tournament. And offcourse the hilarious fact that George Lucas seued (or how its spelled) the US goverment for a military project they called Star Wars confused.gif

Well i talked to a guy couple of days ago (he's gonna be translating our mod into norwegian) and he was going to make a mod for HL about starwars, he contacted Lucas Arts and they pretty much told him to ged fuked, and threatened to sue him mad.gif

guys think about it.... are we in a mod? no, are we making a game? no... we're making models on our own accord whether they like it or not... they have nothing to stop us with.. Until we are a part of something then they can't sue us.

tau DONT STOP! sure its going to be hard but your going to learn a lot from it and your gunna pat yourself on the back like made once you figure out what the problems are with it.... what exactly is wrong with it? cpp? model? the lods?

i know how to sort cpp probs,probably the lods or proxy because i never use them,but i don't know how to

Anyway i converted Vipersheart's HKbonus pack G11 into a pistol with sight maybe silencer but i now going to edit a man so he can hold it

thats going to be a harder task you realise... im sure it would be easier for bis to do it as they know what to do and im sure it will have to change some certain game files in order to make such animation... even though i have posted the same question over and over again on the offtopic about when bis are going to make some new animations i dont think its going to be very easy... but thats from my point of view... you should write to one of the team and ask them if it would be easy and would you have to change other game files because they haven't made such a lod either so your going to have to start from scratch! confused.gif

yeh,i just learnt how to make the proxy thingys and i did it all on my hovertank but it does not move in ofp

hey i just read in one of the newer threads that suma said it wasn't possible for you to interpret new animations. so i guess your stuck sad.gif

i think someone already sorted that one out somewhere on these forums.... have a look around wink.gif

and i thought you were doing a new model with the mans wierd arm lol