Sign in to follow this  
VipHeart

The empire strikes back..

If it is like you guys say (I'm not that comfortable with those different behavior classes yet), it would be indeed more realistic to use a motorcycle behaviour.

PSC

*edit*

The drivers positions/animations would probably fit better than jeep positions/animations as well.

Well, for my LAMBDA shuttle I didn't add the CfgPatches and CfgNonAIVehicles sections - i simply left them out. But I gave the vehicle itself (in your case "Ball") more properties. All the real Blackhwack had. Then it worked out perfect!

//All new classes are made by the LostBrothers mod TEAM

//

// COPYRIGHT BY LoBo TEAM 2002

#define TEast 0

#define TWest 1

#define TGuerrila 2

#define TCivilian 3

#define TSideUnknown 4

#define TEnemy 5

#define TFriendly 6

#define TLogic 7

#define true 1

#define false 0

// type scope

#define private 0

#define protected 1

#define public 2

#define WeaponNoSlot 0// dummy weapons

#define WeaponSlotPrimary 1// primary weapons

#define WeaponSlotSecondary 16// secondary weapons

#define WeaponSlotItem 256// items

#define WeaponSlotBinocular 4096// binocular

#define WeaponHardMounted 65536

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

class CfgPatches

{

class JediLandingCraft {units[] = {JediLandingCraft}; weapons[] = {}; requiredVersion = 1.30;};

};

//Vehicle Settings

class CfgVehicles

{

class All{};

class AllVehicles:All{};

class Land:AllVehicles{};

class Man:Land{};

class Soldier:Man{};

class SoldierWB:Soldier{};

class SoldierWG:SoldierWB{};

class SoldierWMedic: SoldierWB{};

class SoldierWSaboteur: SoldierWB{};

//JEDI Planes&Choppers

//------------------------------

class Air: AllVehicles {};

class Helicopter: Air {};

class Cobra: Helicopter {};

class JediLandingCraft: Cobra

{

displayName="Imperial LAMDA Shuttle";

model=\JEDI\landing_craft.p3d;

crew="IDFpilotCobra";

side=TWest;

picture="\ISRAELI_ARMY\IDFCobra\ah-1_side_lod";

scope=2;

nameSound="cobra";

accuracy=0.200000;

driverAction="ManActAH1Pilot";

gunnerAction="ManActAH1Gunner";

maxSpeed=270;

armor=50;

cost=10000000;

rotorBig="vrtule_velka";

rotorBigBlend="vrtule_velka_bl_";

rotorSmall="vrtule_mala";

rotorSmallBlend="vrtule_mala_bl";

weapons[]={"MachineGun30","HellfireLauncherCobra","ZuniLauncher38"};

magazines[]={"MachineGun30","HellfireLauncherCobra","ZuniLauncher38"};

type=2;

threat[]={0.300000,1,0.800000};

};

};

//end

};

give that speeder bike very low mass value - then it will shoot off into the air when hitting a hilltop tounge.gif

Tau, one question: did you add a LOD called "geometry"? This has to be a simple LOD of your model where the vertices get weight properties. Because Flashpoint calculates the speed and so on via the weight of the object!

Get some demo models and look how they did it. wink.gif

I don't know biggrin.gif maybe the engine thinks it's the rotor of a helicopter biggrin.gif

I wouldnt have suggested this secret mod if i wasnt going to participate. Im definately in.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tau Hammerhead @ April 28 2002,08:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ere is no insert,on top menu or the buttons beneth it?<span id='postcolor'>

Insert on your keyboard...

Ok, finally I made it to import this into oxygene and texture it as well. This is my first "test" object in oxygene. I started with that since it is probably more easy than a helicopter for instance. It does not have that much moving parts, and not that much textures. Now I just have to create some LOD's and a config.cpp.

speeder.jpg

Till later, PSC

PSC: i would love to have a SW mod and even be a part of it... im sure if you tell lucas arts what your planning to do they may give you copyright for the mod... )

And i have thought about how to use it...

You may of thought of it also but you need to add two wheels to the bottom of the model and create alpha channel skins for them... Thus the model will look like its hovering. Being able to find the correct wyning sounds and lasers would be the harder task... wink.gif

It's much easier biggrin.gif

Just put the landcontact vertices where you wanna have the speeder bike hovering tounge.gif

Looks pretty damn good. As for the mod itself, you should have no legal ramifications provided you never make anything resembling a profit from it.

I think that the intellectual property laws would protect your work in the mod and not violate the image copyright that lucasarts hold.

I'd be glad to test it as long as you don't want me to theorise what happens when I hit bugs.