Jack Ost

Black Sky Global Patch

Hi,

I made a package of patch for old maps (before 1.60 version) with black sky. I choose to patch only consistent map (not in pre-alpha version or unfinished maps). If you want absolutely a patch for a map that is not in the list, send me a PM.

To use it : activate the patch of the map you want and activate the map (map not included, it's only a patch). Open the map with "fix" name in order to not have the black sky.

Download here

Patch available for :

- Atlantis Map

- Bornholm (lite and normal)

- BTC_Al_Jak

- Diaoyu

- Hindukush

- Kandahar Province

- Khogyani

- Lost Island (normal and winter version)

- Sangin

- Tilos

• Like 14

How did i not know this existed?! I've been messing around trying to get the sky in HinduKush fixed for ages now. You are a life saver my friend :)

• Like 2

Wish you had released it earlier. I got pissed off and deleted every community map I had... :'(

Hi,

No problem guys ;)

Small update : 

- Add of BTC_Al_Jak map patch

- Remove XCam_prototype patch due to recent release

• Like 1

Awesome, glad you've taken to fix some of the terrains we lost, good job man. Would you mind trying to patch the Summer Chernarus on the steam workshop? It was such a pretty iteration of the classic terrain. Certainly not a huge priority, I can always use the CUP ACR Bystrica and Bukovina terrains I suppose. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682017832&searchtext=summer+chernarus

Just now, Jack Ost said:

Included with CUP Terrains Maps

The CUP version is different and had a different feel to it, along with a lot of the flora being unchanged and in its autumn orange. Its not really fleshed out or complete. I recall discussion in the thread about it and the team saying that the terrain was (understandably) not a priority, it was an incomplete backburner type project. Like I said though, not a big deal at all and I fully appreciate the trouble it can be to make addons and mods for Arma 3 and fully respect your right to decline my request. Thank you.

On 12/18/2016 at 2:10 AM, Jack Ost said:

If you want absolutely a patch for a map that is not in the list, send me a PM.

To use it : activate the patch of the map you want and activate the map (map not included, it's only a patch). Open the map with "fix" name in order to not have the black sky.

Hello Jack,

If possible could you please do a lighting fix for MCN Aliabad Region ?... this is great little map.  thank you Jack. 

On 10/01/2017 at 4:06 PM, nikiforos said:

Can you please add the Lost Coast map so we can play? I love this map for air missions!

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28264

Hi, I'm sorry but I patch only finished or almost finished maps. Author note say :  "This is an unstable alpha version with some problems, use at your own risk!".

6 hours ago, Dogone said:

Hello Jack,

If possible could you please do a lighting fix for MCN Aliabad Region ?... this is great little map.  thank you Jack. 

Answer on your pm. I patch only arma 3 maps.

7 hours ago, Dogone said:

Hello Jack,

Aliabad already has patched sky courtesy of CUP terrains

• Like 3

On 3/5/2017 at 7:15 PM, Jack Ost said:

Hi, I'm sorry but I patch only finished or almost finished maps. Author note say :  "This is an unstable alpha version with some problems, use at your own risk!".

Answer on your pm. I patch only arma 3 maps.

Thank you for your time Jack much appreciated. 

On 3/5/2017 at 7:29 PM, tpw said:

Aliabad already has patched sky courtesy of CUP terrains

Thank you tpw...not sure what I done but all is working well now. 

Cheers.

Hi,

Small update : 

- Add of Diaoyu map patch (original custom weather is preserved)

- Remove Evergreen patch due to recent release

- Remove Ural patch due to new version

- Rebuild all pbo in order to allow to sign it

• Like 4

11 hours ago, MickandRorty said:

Are you still doing these patches? I would love one for Avgani

Hi, it's not an arma 3 made map, it's armed assault made.

I made a patch for Avgani simply by replacing one of the map names with avgani in the config.bin. It works for clear weather, but not for overcast, since I don't know how to properly change the config. Anyway its much better than black sky.  Do you mind if I share it, Jack, since its based on your work?

53 minutes ago, b3lx said:

I made a patch for Avgani simply by replacing one of the map names with avgani in the config.bin. It works for clear weather, but not for overcast, since I don't know how to properly change the config. Anyway its much better than black sky.  Do you mind if I share it, Jack, since its based on your work?

You are free to share it ;) But don't forget to notify users that it's based on a map of arma2.

I'm a content creator. Deathlyrage, who created the Breaking Point mod has released the BP source code. This includes the code for the New Haven map, which has a broken skybox. New Haven happens to be my favorite map from Arma.

I just heard about this patch and was really hoping someone out there knows how to fix the map. Deathly has released the entire BP source code to the public...
https://github.com/deathlyrage/breakingpointmod

41 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I'm a content creator. Deathlyrage, who created the Breaking Point mod has released the BP source code. This includes the code for the New Haven map, which has a broken skybox. New Haven happens to be my favorite map from Arma.

I just heard about this patch and was really hoping someone out there knows how to fix the map. Deathly has released the entire BP source code to the public...
https://github.com/deathlyrage/breakingpointmod

Hi,

when I have more time, I will look at this.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jack Ost said:

Hi,

when I have more time, I will look at this.

Best news ever!!!