scottdog62

Airstrike using a certain bomb

Hey,

I'm trying to find a way to make an aircraft do a bombing strike.
But i need it use a certain bomb on the target.
I'm also unfamiliar with how to make a plane do a bomb strike on a target, with a way point or trigger.

Is there any good airstrike scripts out there?

I'm using the unsung mod and i want an ai aircraft drop napalm on a target once a trigger is fired.

Thanks,

But not exactly what i was looking for.

Was looking for a single aircraft to drop a single bomb on a target.
I'm using the unsung mod so i want napalm to be the bomb.

Alright so check it out.

You'll be using trigger's for each bomb dropped.  

I named a vehicle or "Unit" on the map that I wanted the bomb to hit. 

I put a trigger around the target zone with the following code in the "On Activation" box : bomb = "Uns_Napalm_500" createVehicle [(getpos t1 select 0),( getpos t1 select 1), 1]

or (Uns_Napalm_750)

Set the Activation to BLUFOR, Present and put a jet in the air.  Give the Jet a waypoint passing through the trigger zone.  Put it to MOVE, Combat Mode: Forced Hold Fire, Behavior: Careless.

The Jet will fly through the zone triggering the activation of the bomb to be dropped onto the target named, "t1" or w/e you fancy.  

• Like 1

Perfect

Thanks dystopian, exactly what i was looking for, and much simpler then i thought.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dystopian said:

Alright so check it out.

You'll be using trigger's for each bomb dropped.  

I named a vehicle or "Unit" on the map that I wanted the bomb to hit. 

I put a trigger around the target zone with the following code in the "On Activation" box : bomb = "Uns_Napalm_500" createVehicle [(getpos t1 select 0),( getpos t1 select 1), 1]

or (Uns_Napalm_750)

Set the Activation to BLUFOR, Present and put a jet in the air.  Give the Jet a waypoint passing through the trigger zone.  Put it to MOVE, Combat Mode: Forced Hold Fire, Behavior: Careless.

The Jet will fly through the zone triggering the activation of the bomb to be dropped onto the target named, "t1" or w/e you fancy.  

This should work, but keep in mind the following:

1. The plane does not actually drop the bomb. If you want this, you will need a different script.
  2. Any BLUFOR unit can activate the trigger, you'll need to add an extra condition if you only want the plane to activate it.
  3. The plane will not despawn after reaching the end of the waypoint. If you want this, you will need to script it.
  • Like 1

dchan200 for i want to do, it works good.

2) all i need to do is set trigger owned to plane

3) i just wanted to simulate a single air strike so the plane will be gone anyway.