oukej

Jets - Custom Panels (GPS, Camera feeds, ...)

On 12/19/2016 at 4:42 AM, sjaba said:

I agree, altough a integrated MFD would be cool i dont think its where the priority is or should be at this stage. But to have somewhat of a frame would atleast make the "pilot/ gunner" feel its not a magical screen but a monitor of some sort.

Even just the ability to take the MFD info (TGP/Ammunition/Anything in the helicopters) and put it on another monitor or something would be amazing to have it be there and usable while still maintaining complete visibility of your flying. Like for example the TGP for the A-164. Make it able to be controlled completely separate of the plane, because with a HOTAS joystick, most have a 4-axis thumbad, which realistically would be used for controlling the TGP on the MFD.

• Like 1

can someone tell me what the following stuff is and how it works?

scriptName="RscCustomInfoSlingLoad";
scriptPath="IGUI";
onLoad="[""onLoad"",_this,""RscCustomInfoSlingLoad"",'IGUI'] call     (uinamespace getvariable 'BIS_fnc_initDisplay')";
onUnload="[""onUnload"",_this,""RscCustomInfoSlingLoad"",'IGUI'] call     (uinamespace getvariable 'BIS_fnc_initDisplay')";

When I search the RscCustomInfoSlingLoad.sqf, I see that the script is empty so no idea how it draws stuff on the background.

I created actually a dialog which works fine if I create it with cutrsc but cannot make it work as CustomDisplayComponent.

In my case, I am not able to set the texts anymore although background picture is displayed. I guess my onload call is not working so it is not calling the script which supposed to set the texts via ctrlSetText.

I am stuck with custom display :/

I just wonder if there will be default  camera feeds from other crew's positions by ships :)

I've been having some weird bug lately where I cannot use the panels properly, in a tank for example, I can only switch to map, crew indicators and radar or sensors if it has them.
I cannot select the gunner's/commander's view or missile camera or other extra functions.

Bound all the relevant keys, so no clue what's going on.

Anyone know what's going on?

6 hours ago, scavenjer said:

I cannot select the gunner's/commander's view or missile camera or other extra functions.

Can you please check if you have the PIP (picture-in-picture) enabled in video options?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So what oukej said, pip not disabled. Failing that  also try going in and default your custom hud settings. Found in Configure, game, layout...

• Like 1

@oukej

is there a way via script to determine what "panel mode" a player is using? Specifically the minimap display where it can act like a "squad radar" and rotates with the camera.

not too important, just wondering :)

also there are some associated scripting commands which aren't yet documented:

infopanelcomponentenabled
enableinfopanelcomponent
infopanelcomponents
setinfopanel
infopanel
infopanels

any i missed?

I know @Lou Montana has been active in the wiki lately, maybe he's interested in adding some pages :)

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, oukej said:

Can you please check if you have the PIP (picture-in-picture) enabled in video options?

Ohhh ofcourse! Sorry I didn't realise that, I guess my profile reset to an earlier version.

Been having that bad_module_info bug a lot, thought it had something to do with that.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

I know @Lou Montana has been active in the wiki lately, maybe he's interested in adding some pages :)

On it! Like I needed more pages to rework :p

Oukej I really like the new MFD functions,

a thing I really would like to see changed:

Give the key to change mode of the GPS/map MFD additional zoom functionality.

The first two key press do the same as now and additional key presses go to the view that has a static map (north up) and cycle through the different zoom settings (zoom out).

Like this we would get a zoomable   map without adding additional keys (if that is what you want to avoid)

Thank you for constantly improving the game!

In case anyone is wondering what that change in the last Dev Branch entry (Added: Terrain awareness (TAWS-like) color-coded navigation panels to all vanilla aerial vehicles )

C4BDE95A96230FE029E93EB48EBD45A05514D9D6

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2018 at 9:54 AM, Imperator[TFD] said:

In case anyone is wondering what that change in the last Dev Branch entry (Added: Terrain awareness (TAWS-like) color-coded navigation panels to all vanilla aerial vehicles )

C4BDE95A96230FE029E93EB48EBD45A05514D9D6

And now if we only could get the ability to manually zoom +- and and a line drawn to the shift-click point it would be perfect.... and to some degrew resemble a real plotter. :)

Just tried out the new terrain avoidance system, it's quite nice. One piece of feedback I have is that it can be quite difficult to read the colors against a terrain background, since the panel is transparent and the background bleeds through and changes the colors. Since this system is going to be most useful at low altitude where a terrain backdrop is very likely, would it be possible to change the map to be opaque?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, darkChozo said:

Just tried out the new terrain avoidance system, it's quite nice. One piece of feedback I have is that it can be quite difficult to read the colors against a terrain background, since the panel is transparent and the background bleeds through and changes the colors. Since this system is going to be most useful at low altitude where a terrain backdrop is very likely, would it be possible to change the map to be opaque?

I'd prefer an opacity slider in the layout options so we can customise it to our preferences.

• Like 2

Digging up this thread a bit, because I'm curious if it is possible to create custom info panels for players (who aren't in vehicles). I did some research, but so far it looks like... it's only about vehicles. Did I miss something here?

Well, the mine detector uses the same system, IIRC. Although I don't know if custom panels can be done.

• Like 1

Sure, mine detector and GPS use the same system, but I'm pretty sure this stuff is hard code and can't be influenced. As of now I'm unable to work with it outside of vehicles and that blows big time.

If I could at least disable this function for items like the GPS  then I could make a workaround, but the way it is right now...

It should work with any "vehicle", including the "character vehicle" or entity. Just add/change/override the panel component.

>> "Components" >> "VehicleSystemsDisplayManagerComponentLeft"
>> "Components" >> "VehicleSystemsDisplayManagerComponentRight"
>> "Components" >> "VehicleSystemsDisplayManagerComponentMyCustomPositionXthPanelThatIWontBeAbleToControlByAnUserActionButItCanStillBeThere"

You need to specify in the component:

componentType = "VehicleSystemsDisplayManager";

When the panel components are completely missing (e.g. as it is now with vanilla characters) then - depending on the panel position or availability of sensors in a vehicle/entity - it falls back to use one of these:

configfile >> "DefaultVehicleSystemsDisplayManagerLeft"
configfile >> "DefaultVehicleSystemsDisplayManagerLeftSensors"
configfile >> "DefaultVehicleSystemsDisplayManagerRight"
configfile >> "DefaultVehicleSystemsDisplayManagerRightSensors"

• Thanks 1

Oh god damn it. Obviously I completely missed this part... and now I realize it's even in the wiki and I was reading over it like a hundred times. I even skimmed through half the config list, but missed these because they start with Default.. and not VehicleSystems... I have spend half of the last week working on this with all kinds of workarounds and hacks, even got it to work in a reasonable looking kind of way, and now with this info I was able to throw it all away and do it right in like 5 minutes. Guess this is how defeat feels like.

/Edit:

Ok, I managed to convert all my stuff into the infoPanel system. So far everything works, except for one thing-- I can't seem to disable my custom component. If I check it via

player infoPanelComponents "MyPanel"

it is shown as activated (true) in the array. Now using

[vehicle player, [-1]] enableInfoPanelComponent ["DefaultVehicleSystemsDisplayManagerLeft", "MyPanel", false];
or
player enableInfoPanelComponent ["DefaultVehicleSystemsDisplayManagerLeft", "MyPanel", false];

it returns true, no matter what (["MyPanel","CustomDisplayComponent",true]), thus it doesn't deactivate.

Is there anything else I'm missing @oukej ?

/Edit2:

Even if I add a test class to a character with inheriting from VehicleSystemsDisplayManagerComponent... I just can't seem to disable the component. 😕

I'm trying to be a bit annoying, because I'm hanging myself up on this whole thing since two weeks already, and I'm getting pretty tired of it. Thus, I've now prepared a test config with a new component:

https://pastebin.com/v8Ftm4JE

Packing this up and running it gives you a new component display on the test vehicle (under cars). Using

[vehicle player, [-1]] enableInfoPanelComponent ["left", "TestDisplay", false];

on it returns true, but the displays remain untouched. Unless I'm doing something else wrong, I see two options here:

1.  I am missing something (what is this "BIS_fnc_initDisplay" stuff? Is it even necessary for a custom component?) and ...
  2. ... it just doesn't work with CustomDisplayComponent and thus is buggy. I'm thinking of this right now, but I'd love to get a word on this. If it's really this case, then (unless a fix is on the way), I'll just scrap everything and return to my super shitty script hack solution... or I just scrap everything completely, not sure yet.
  • Like 1

can someone tell me where to define panels? Is it not inside vehicle class?
There I have something  like this

class  VehicleSystemsDisplayManagerComponentLeft
			{
				componentType = "VehicleSystemsDisplayManager"; 
				x = (safezoneX + 0.5 * (((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 40));
				y = (safezoneY + safezoneH - 21 * ((((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 1.2) / 25));
				left = 1;
				defaultDisplay = "SensorDisplay";   //display to be selected when player changes vehicle and had "empty" previously selected

class Components
				{
					class EmptyDisplay
					{
						componentType = "EmptyDisplayComponent";
					};
					class SensorDisplay
					{
						componentType = "SensorsDisplayComponent";
						range[] = {16000,8000,4000,2000};
						resource = "RscCustomInfoSensors";
						showTargetTypes = 1+2+4+8+16+32+64+128+256; 
					};
				};
			};

still when I am by turrets of the vehicle I see range up to 4km and panels not only sensor and empty but also gps, crew etc.

Why turrets showing things which are not defined under vehicle and also incorrect range? There is no component class under the turrets ...
I am lost

on this topic can we ask for new aircraft in an upcoming update for DLC jets ?