28 minutes ago, jone_kone said:

What would be awesome though is if they could give the GPS similar Zoom as in the Radar. :)

Manual zoom instead of automatic zooming might be possible.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, dr. hladik said:

Manual zoom instead of automatic zooming might be possible.

Manual zoom would be perfect. :) Because now if you stop to a hover in a helicopter to receive target data by radio the GPS zooms in so much that you loose all reference points on the GPS map. You then have to jump to the "paper map" while in flight, and this is usually when things get scary.. .;) Especially on AFM. 

While on the subject. Would it be possible for the GPS to show a thin line to a map point marked by shift-LeftMouse? This is basic modern gps/plotter functionality in ground, sea and air vehicles. :) Could be a toggable feature/module for mission makers to use or not use?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dr. hladik said:

Not as deep. But we still have ideas how to improve it so cooperation between units can be improved.

This is good news. Does any sensor info that is data linked become targetable or is limited to radar only? Are both ground and air targets targetable? 

I am having trouble and any aircraft to lock on any target. I've placed aircraft, cars, tanks in editor. I have tried AH-9, all jets, Comanche and cannot get it to lock on targets anymore. I have the editor placed enemy with engineon, with and without WP.

I am using a HOTAS and have the reveal and target buttons mapped to one key, no worky.

I have tried mapped to different keys, no worky.

With and without sensor on no worky.

Can I get a description of how you all are mapping your keys and the process you are using to target and lock and fire on your enemy.

It is pretty frustrating.

Reed

Added: Template for Data Link targeting system (sensor) 

Anything setup for this yet? Any plans for a radar vehicle with a long range radar for us to play with? Even if its just a static object for us to test out? The way this is panning out the need for at least a basic ECM and anti radiation missiles is starting to become stronger. Coupled with some more reloads for the current AA vehicles (theres enough room in the back for at least 1 maybe 2 reloads for the missiles plus 5-6 reloads for the cannons) and a version with radar guided missiles with 6-8km range to take advantage for the new Data Link feature. 

14 hours ago, dr. hladik said:

Not as deep.

But it would be possible to toggle of all target receiving for all vehicles of a side, after an certain Vehicle was destroyed, right?

Would it be logical to target shared targets with an artillery?

Seems to easy. It would be awesome to get a created list with the actually shared info, like time, position and predicted vehicle typ. This way the artillery could have at least a little bit of challenge. And some sort of commander have a huge amount of Intel on shared targets. Maybe to much ... 

How come incoming Titan AA missiles can trigger visible and audible alarms on jets? Aren't they IR guided?

11 minutes ago, chortles said:

@jerminhu 

@snoops_213@crewt This is for you two:

Nice thanks a lot, but the rockets were always capable to lock on targets even without radar. Personally I'm more interested in the gun, as it is the relevant equivalent to an current project. But I should stop asking questions and switch to dev, when I come home in a week. Just have been to excited :)

@chortles is that custom missiles? Cant quite read what the missile name is on my phone. But that does look promising. Hopefully they release radar asset(s) for us in the near future. 

hello,

quick feedback from stable branch:

It's not really possible to set up a UAVs fligh height in a way, that it cannot be seen by ground troops (tested at night. ground troop on lowest skill without binocular, but with nvg), but still detects units efficently.

for the UAV to be stealthy, i had to set it up on asl height of 1500 (if i rememer correctly) but than it would not report/datalink-send info about a convoy that was driving underneath it with headlights turned on.

so, the detection capabilities of UAV might need a little buff, since there is no way to manually set "skill" of drones.

(also the loiter waypoints height setting seems to be broken!)

good update though. keep up the great work!

@chortles So, can that be used to target through terrain? Say, have a sensor unit over a mountain top, with target unit on other side.  Firing unit with no LOS.  Can it lock then?  And fire when the target comes out of cover?

@crewt You're missing a big part if not the main point of that video -- as per the video description, currently active radar homing (ARH) missiles require that a launcher vehicle's onboard active radar be toggled on, thereby exposing the launcher vehicle to RWRs if one had simply swapped the Titans for, say, the Mk21 Centurion's SAMs, and if the launcher does not have ARH missiles then the benefit of said exposure is 'only' target acquisition/tracking (i.e. gun laying and target lead indication for the Cheetah/Tigris' autocannons) so the video demonstrates how the new sensor can resolve both dilemmas.

@snoops_213 It was indeed a custom missile, a modified AMRAAM-D ammo config with the initTime of the regular Cheetah/Tigris' "Titan Missile" so that its motor would ignite almost immediately (read: not hit the ground) plus the Data Link sensor (hey @oukej@dr. hladik should I keep capitalizing that or that just for the pre-existing transmit/report feature? This might get a little confusing for readers) and various tweaks to ensure a hit for demonstration purposes. The Cheetah was modified with the new sensor, the pre-existing weapons/magazines removed in favor of the custom missiles, and its sensor display mode was tweaked so that 16 km would be the first display resolution (submode) in the mode's cycle instead of the last, since the target was at ~9 km.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chortles said:

@snoops_213 It was indeed a custom missile, a modified AMRAAM-D ammo config with the initTime of the regular Cheetah/Tigris' "Titan Missile" so that its motor would ignite almost immediately (read: not hit the ground) plus the Data Link sensor (hey @oukej@dr. hladik should I keep capitalizing that or that just for the pre-existing transmit/report feature? This might get a little confusing for readers) and various tweaks to ensure a hit for demonstration purposes. The Cheetah was modified with the new sensor, the pre-existing weapons/magazines removed in favor of the custom missiles, and its sensor display mode was tweaked so that 16 km would be the first display resolution (submode) in the mode's cycle instead of the last, since the target was at ~9 km.

So the weapon its self needs the data link sensor. Can i grab a copy of the configs you used please? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, twistking said:

hello,

quick feedback from stable branch:

It's not really possible to set up a UAVs fligh height in a way, that it cannot be seen by ground troops (tested at night. ground troop on lowest skill without binocular, but with nvg), but still detects units efficently.

for the UAV to be stealthy, i had to set it up on asl height of 1500 (if i rememer correctly) but than it would not report/datalink-send info about a convoy that was driving underneath it with headlights turned on.

so, the detection capabilities of UAV might need a little buff, since there is no way to manually set "skill" of drones.

(also the loiter waypoints height setting seems to be broken!)

good update though. keep up the great work!

also non aerial-drones seem to refuse to datalink-send at all. tested with the unarmed, wheeled drone and the "remote bonoculars". *stable branch!

@twistkingThat's working as configured if not necessarily as intended; the base game and Apex UAVs have the config properties reportRemoteTargets=1; and reportOwnPosition=1; while the Stomper UGV and Remote Designator do not, and the VTOLs can by default receive/display datalink thanks to receiveRemoteTargets=1; in addition to the first two properties. Keep in mind however that you can manually enable these as a mission-maker in a vehicle's Eden Attributes window and there are scripting commands for this purpose as well;.

@snoops_213You can find the missile/vehicle config here and the mission.sqm here; both are unbinarized so the config can be packed into a PBO or loaded by running diag_mergeConfigFile from arma3diag_x64.exe's debug console using Local Exec, and the mission.sqm can be opened in a plain text editor.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chortles said:

@twistkingThat's working as configured if not necessarily as intended; the base game and Apex UAVs have the config properties reportRemoteTargets=1; and reportOwnPosition=1; while the Stomper UGV and Remote Designator do not, and the VTOLs can by default receive/display datalink thanks to receiveRemoteTargets=1; in addition to the first two properties. Keep in mind however that you can manually enable these as a mission-maker in a vehicle's Eden Attributes window and there are scripting commands for this purpose as well;.

well, i tried it (on stable branch) with eden attributes and it did not do anything. i will try again with a scripting command.

another thing i noticed , is that when flying with an AI gunner, most of the time guided missiles won't lock, but the gunner would just put the reticle on target and presumably manual guide the dagr / scalpel on target.

this also happens with targets, that have engine on and are within 2km range. tested at night.

is this a bug or a feature?

also is it intended for the dagr and scalpel to be capable of both manual laser guidance (without lock) and IR lock / fire&forget?

i would expect the dagr to be manual guided only and the scalpel only be fire&forget...

not a gamebreaker, but clear differences between seeker type would give more meaning to choosing the right loadout...

1 hour ago, twistking said:

well, i tried it (on stable branch) with eden attributes and it did not do anything. i will try again with a scripting command.

"this setVehicleReportRemoteTargets true;" did not work for the stomper. placed it near a road and had some vehicles pass by, yet no shared contacts.

4 hours ago, twistking said:

another thing i noticed , is that when flying with an AI gunner, most of the time guided missiles won't lock, but the gunner would just put the reticle on target and presumably manual guide the dagr / scalpel on target.

this also happens with targets, that have engine on and are within 2km range. tested at night.

is this a bug or a feature?

also is it intended for the dagr and scalpel to be capable of both manual laser guidance (without lock) and IR lock / fire&forget?

i would expect the dagr to be manual guided only and the scalpel only be fire&forget...

not a gamebreaker, but clear differences between seeker type would give more meaning to choosing the right loadout...

Yes, according to the Sensor page the Scalpel is IR/Laser Lock or Manual guidance.    https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Sensors

What sensors does each type jet use and what are their specs (e.g. FoV and detection range)?

It has been WIP for more than 10 days.

Sent from my L50t using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, jerminhu said:

What sensors does each type jet use and what are their specs (e.g. FoV and detection range)?

Go into editor -> tools -> configViewer -> cfgVehicles -> search your vehicle by class name -> components -> sensorsManagerComponents -> components

There you find all the sensors of the vehicle with all information you need.

I will probably create a full list (at least all airplanes) as soon as I have time for that.

For vanilla and Apex (and eventually Jets if/when the devs convert that from EBO to PBO) you can also use BankRev and CfgConvert in the Arma 3 Tools to unpack the aircraft PBOs and to debin the configs; the BIKI table now has sensor stats for the IFV-6a Cheetah/ZSU-39 Tigris (identical), the A-143 Buzzard, and the A-164 Wipeout/To-199 Neophron (identical).

• Like 2