Jump to content

Recommended Posts

"Combined arms" doesn't only describe the classic "tanks+infantry" operations. In fact, it doesn't have to involve infantry at all. Jets supporting tanks, for example, are combined arms as well. Jets with helos, tanks and helos, infantry and jets, boats and jets all fall under this. Cavalry supporting pikemen also counts as combined arms. :) Large maps are good not only for aircraft, but also for armored warfare. They can also give vastly increased role to logistics, if you've got 50km between your target and your base, how you get there becomes important.

 

ArmA is in a large part about infantry, but not only. The DLCs are set to improve areas in which ArmA series was underdeveloped so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since there was some discussion about the custom FOV sliders for flying in jets.

 

Would it be possible to have padlock view for locked-on targets?

Now i know many Flight sim people know what I'm talking about...

It is a very useful feature. Where you lock your camera to the target you are hunting, just as you would when using TrackIr.

This would bring a TrackIr-like experience to the non TrackIr users.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, venthorror said:

Would it be possible to have padlock view for locked on targets?

Now i know many Flight sim people know what I'm talking about...

It is a very useful feature. Where you lock your camera to the target you are hunting, just as you would when using TrackIr.

This would bring a TrackIr-like experience to the non TrackIr users.

 

You can already lock the TGP in jet on a target or an specific area. It works exactly the same way than for the Drone Turret.

 

I use it extensively on nearly everything even if i have a Track IR.

 

If you talk about free look being locked... I don't know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the HLAD, it only works with vehicles with a radar sensor. Could this be expanded to place map icons for ground vehicles? With the Tanks DLC this could be tied in to a radio mast/electronics hitpoint(s) where by if one or either taken out no more reports? Could this also be attached to a GPS/Radio system for infantry? As for the "sides center"  can this 1. be a quantifiable object or attached to one? 2. How complex/simple is this "center", and will you grow this feature? Will you possibly make certain reported remote targets lock able? This feature would be good for integrated air defense systems (if the current sensor range on the AA vehicles was increased), as well as  AI artillery systems with a bit of work, not to mention AWACS and target handoff that a lot of current and next gen vehicles have. Can we get a key mapped to switch radar range? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, S3blapin said:

You can already lock the TGP in jet on a target or an specific area. It works exactly the same way than for the Drone Turret.

 

What you are saying has no correlation regarding the feature I'm suggesting.

For explanation please just google: padlock view...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oukej, with the targeting pods are there any plans to add Night Vision mode to the pods?

Our aircraft can detect IR grenades via IR sensors but plays cannot visually acquire them or other units IR laser pointers from the targeting pod.

 

It makes sense to me that the aircraft should have NV capabilities. This applies to other turrets as well where the turret has TI but no NV capability which I find odd.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

oukej, with the targeting pods are there any plans to add Night Vision mode to the pods?

Our aircraft can detect IR grenades via IR sensors but plays cannot visually acquire them or other units IR laser pointers from the targeting pod.

 

It makes sense to me that the aircraft should have NV capabilities. This applies to other turrets as well where the turret has TI but no NV capability which I find odd.

wouldn't having TI make NV obsolete, especially being high and fast, TI being more reliable since it can see anything during night or day? Then again, i'm no expret, i reckon real jet TGP's have the entire suite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, darksidesixofficial said:

wouldn't having TI make NV obsolete, especially being high and fast, TI being more reliable since it can see anything during night or day? Then again, i'm no expret, i reckon real jet TGP's have the entire suite.

 

As a scenario designer I might consider TI to be too 'OP' for a mission and disable it which still would leave NV capabilities.

Additionally, ground troops without laser designator capability would still be able to talk CAS in on target via pointing IR pointers at a target area which the pilot could then focus on using his TGP.  Target could be in a building or other obscured from TI.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

 

As a scenario designer I might consider TI to be too 'OP' for a mission and disable it which still would leave NV capabilities.

Additionally, ground troops without laser designator capability would still be able to talk CAS in on target via pointing IR pointers at a target area which the pilot could then focus on using his TGP.  Target could be in a building or other obscured from TI.

 

+1

 

My community plays a lot of TVT, and for balance almost always remove TI from vics to balance the mission and give infantry a chance. NV in TGP as an option would be appriciated.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats the EMCON panel about? I guess one would be for Radars forced  on/off but the other 2? And yeah NV in the TGP would be good.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21. 2. 2017 at 1:39 PM, snoops_213 said:

Whats the EMCON panel about? I guess one would be for Radars forced  on/off but the other 2? And yeah NV in the TGP would be good.  

All of these are datalink related atm. They set the vehicle to transmit (targets, own position) and receive data.

 

22 hours ago, VTOLAFMPLS:3 said:

Please allow x2Tab for Targeting Pod feed (like with UAVs)

You can access the TGP feed via Custom info panel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please, why command "setVehicleRadar" only for AI units ? No chance to have a command that activate/disable the radar dynamically for players ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack Ost said:

Please, why command "setVehicleRadar" only for AI units ? No chance to have a command that activate/disable the radar dynamically for players ?

It's called LCtrl+R... if you meant granting active radar to vehicles, setVehicleRadar only works on vehicles with active radar already in the config.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chortles said:

It's called LCtrl+R... if you meant granting active radar to vehicles, setVehicleRadar only works on vehicles with active radar already in the config.

LCtrl+R can be set by command ? sadly no !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jack Ost said:

LCtrl+R can be set by command ? sadly no !

 

If you are referring to turning the Radar in the Buzzard on and off we it has no key bind by default. I went through the controls and set it to "LCtrl+R" because I saw someone else saying it was supposed to be that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/02/2017 at 10:41 AM, jone_kone said:

My community plays a lot of TVT, and for balance almost always remove TI from vics to balance the mission and give infantry a chance. NV in TGP as an option would be appriciated.

 

TI vision is far superior in everything than NVG. If its removed for balanced its a session game problem try another ways to be superior. (camouflage, etc...)

 

Ref: www.deltagearinc.com/library/OpticsFacts/EO.pdf

 

On 21/02/2017 at 6:03 AM, Imperator[TFD] said:

 

As a scenario designer I might consider TI to be too 'OP' for a mission and disable it which still would leave NV capabilities.

Additionally, ground troops without laser designator capability would still be able to talk CAS in on target via pointing IR pointers at a target area which the pilot could then focus on using his TGP.  Target could be in a building or other obscured from TI.

 

Its pilot responsibility to use nvg and try to triangulate target by himself.

 

On 20/02/2017 at 11:45 AM, venthorror said:

Since there was some discussion about the custom FOV sliders for flying in jets.

 

Would it be possible to have padlock view for locked-on targets?

Now i know many Flight sim people know what I'm talking about...

It is a very useful feature. Where you lock your camera to the target you are hunting, just as you would when using TrackIr.

This would bring a TrackIr-like experience to the non TrackIr users.

 

giphy.gif

 

Of course, that´s perfect for targeting unlike try to align the plane for a low bypass fly. In this years never reminded of this for request/ wish-list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, five_seven5-7 said:

 

TI vision is far superior in everything than NVG. If its removed for balanced its a session game problem try another ways to be superior. (camouflage, etc...)

 

Ref: www.deltagearinc.com/library/OpticsFacts/EO.pdf

 

 

Its pilot responsibility to use nvg and try to triangulate target by himself.

 

 

 

Adding NV to the thermal pod has no drawbacks and only enhances game play. You're against it because some pdf says so?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i´m against because its inferior technology, IRL why the need for one more bigger optic by putting more weight if it can be use for another thing, in game why the need? To see laser beams? Try to communicate in other ways, there´s new radar...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wednesday's changelog mentions "Increased Radar range of anti-air platforms and the Buzzard airplane" -- more specifically maxRange = 8000; in class airTarget and 5000 (anti-air) or 4000 (Buzzard) in class groundTarget -- but was anyone else able to get an air target detected via active radar from further out than 4 km? In my Eden testing on Stratis the target (a PO-30 Orca chosen for radarTargetSize = 1; ) white triangle only appeared on the sensor display within 4 km even with active radar on, and thus "Next target"-ing with the Buzzard (AA)'s missiles selected immediately began a missile lock...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jack Ost said:

LCtrl+R can be set by command ? sadly no !

Try

player action ["ActiveSensorsOn", vehicle player]

The actions are ActiveSensorsOn, ActiveSensorsOff. Ref. CfgActions

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

 

Adding NV to the thermal pod has no drawbacks and only enhances game play. You're against it because some pdf says so?

 

 

 

Maybe a simple script or hidden options in the vehicle config could disable/enable various modes. I think forcing NV mode to all TGP is an equally arrogant request. That you want only NV for a possible mission you may make should trump other opinions supported by real life TGP examples?

 

Pilots use Night Vision goggles during night ops to see laser pointers and strobes, and of course to generally see better.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×