Any chance to let us/me know if we can expect an CMD to get detected/shared Targets by an Radar?

4 hours ago, sammael said:

I`m play with viewDistance_TAW addon:f:

I just find ac40d91f611d.jpg

this 6km plus my 2-3 km flight altitude = I can lock on at 6 km only when I fly at low altitude cause more altitude = more distance to target

Yeah, that is a direct value, from your vehicle to target.  You have to factor in any height differences so the further up you are the closer you have to be on the map.

i just tried the "carrier" turrets...

apparently it takes 1 minute or two for their sensors to be operational. When starting the mission and having jets come at them, they dont recognize them on their radar (radar is permanently switched on), and can't be locked.

After a while they work.

However i had trouble with the 8 slot SAM launcher. When jets fly past you it's generally ok. When they come at you, sometimes they where on the sensor panel but i was not able to lock them whatsoever, no matter what i pressed. When they became lockable they where already inside minimum locking distance. I must say it was pretty confusing and i have no idea what is going on. I used the CSAT jet in the non-stealth version as targets, so there shouldnt be an issue recognizing the plane when it is in clear view and already quite large on the screen.

7 hours ago, x3kj said:

i just tried the "carrier" turrets...

apparently it takes 1 minute or two for their sensors to be operational. When starting the mission and having jets come at them, they dont recognize them on their radar (radar is permanently switched on), and can't be locked.

After a while they work.

Propably the same issue:

I've tried a few SEAD Operations today. I created a SEAD missile using the anti radiation sensors and it worked perfectly fine against the Tigris and the Cheetah.

But when I put some CSAT guys into the centurion SAM they seemed to not use their radar until I flew right over them.

Doesn't only makes it impossible to kill them with HARMs but they also don't detect threats until they are very close.

An AI controlled Whipeout even managed to kill two of them with the gun without even being shot at...

When I tried it earlier with the original NATO UAV style turret it seemed to work perfectly fine.

Also I noticed that the first HARM I lock onto a target always missed it.

Every following missile hit the target...

May have been just bad luck or there is probably some kind of problem I didn't found yet...

51 minutes ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

Propably the same issue:

I've tried a few SEAD Operations today. I created a SEAD missile using the anti radiation sensors and it worked perfectly fine against the Tigris and the Cheetah.

But when I put some CSAT guys into the centurion SAM they seemed to not use their radar until I flew right over them.

Doesn't only makes it impossible to kill them with HARMs but they also don't detect threats until they are very close.

An AI controlled Whipeout even managed to kill two of them with the gun without even being shot at...

When I tried it earlier with the original NATO UAV style turret it seemed to work perfectly fine.

Also I noticed that the first HARM I lock onto a target always missed it.

Every following missile hit the target...

May have been just bad luck or there is probably some kind of problem I didn't found yet...

Did you use the Attributes menu in Eden to turn their radar on permanently?  Additionally did you orientate them towards the direction the aircraft would be approaching from?  The Mk21 centurion for example has a rather small active radar detection cone and it will not engage targets outside that cone.  One could script the turrets to rotate periodically similar to the Scan Horizon command for AI in game somehow but I havent figured that out yet.

I have done quite a bit of playing around with these turrets and found it takes a little bit of work to get them going but once they do they are absolutely lethal

It would be nice to have a vehicles radar range tables

6 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

Did you use the Attributes menu in Eden to turn their radar on permanently?  Additionally did you orientate them towards the direction the aircraft would be approaching from?  The Mk21 centurion for example has a rather small active radar detection cone and it will not engage targets outside that cone.  One could script the turrets to rotate periodically similar to the Scan Horizon command for AI in game somehow but I havent figured that out yet.

I have done quite a bit of playing around with these turrets and found it takes a little bit of work to get them going but once they do they are absolutely lethal

I actually used the Eden attributes to force their radar on but it apparently didn't work.

Shouldn't I be able to detect them with passive radar/ anti radiation sensors even when they don't face me?

I only had problems when using CSAT guys in the turret. The UAV controlled turret worked perfectly fine.

I'll try again.

Passive Radar detection Should only work if the vehicle's radar is oriented toward you.  Otherwise you don't pick up their signals.

• Like 2

TGP camera ground lock seems to be dependent on the view distance.

If the pilot is unable to see the ground in TGP he can't (stabilize turret) even if the ground is not that far away.

Camera pointer just drifts away. Setting View distance higher enables it to lock to ground once again...

On 22.5.2017 at 0:38 AM, Imperator[TFD] said:

Probably it would be a good idea to make the radar domes operational and also the carrier radars. That would add new SAM possibilities to the turrets since their own radar cone is pretty small.

360 degrees long range radars would be a nice thing I think.

Hi! Regarding Data Link feature, If I understood well , it is like revealing all the known targets to other vehicles of the same side. I am making tests being a tank, having an enemy car on my back and a friendly helicopter flying around. Nothing appears, nothing gets revealed.

21 minutes ago, barbolani said:

Hi! Regarding Data Link feature, If I understood well , it is like revealing all the known targets to other vehicles of the same side. I am making tests being a tank, having an enemy car on my back and a friendly helicopter flying around. Nothing appears, nothing gets revealed.

Kind of. It will shown known targets if the right data links are applied. It wont show them if you dont have a radar/rwr screen to see them on, and AI have no knowledge of targets  that are shown so its really for players at the moment. It does work with vehicles aswell but without radar screen, as i said before, you wont see anything being reveal, try making the tank an AA vehicle instead and you will see it show up on the radar screen. Hopefully they make ground vehicles show on the map/gps, at least by the time Tanks DLC comes out, that would simulate the digital maps that are in use by armys around the world now. 

On 27. 4. 2017 at 7:22 PM, snoops_213 said:

The data link makes strides in this area but unfortunately it doesn't allow remote targeting from other platforms sensors.

1 hour ago, snoops_213 said:

AI have no knowledge of targets

Now possible due to Dr.Hladik's new sensor type

52 minutes ago, bis_iceman said:

Tweaked: It is now possible to mark Datalink targets with remote sensors

Not configured in data yet (pop up error).

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, oukej said:

Will this allow us to define Turrets which will ONLY shoot at shared targets? Pleaase:)

42 minutes ago, oukej said:

You fucking beauty! How deep is this? Will this let us data link to arty units from say a scout vehicle?  Will you look at setting data link to radios for vehicles/infantry? This could add  an few extra game play elements to the game. And is there a way to set a physical presence for the data link hq, so if it was destroyed data linking would go offline or at least seriously limited to say line of sight to friendlies. 

12 minutes ago, crewt said:

Will this allow us to define Turrets which will ONLY shoot at shared targets? Pleaase:)

As long as they'll only have the data link sensor and no standard seeing/hearing it should be possible.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, oukej said:

As long as they'll only have the data link sensor and no standard seeing/hearing it should be possible.

Not sure how to achieve this at the moment but this feature will allow us to create many interesting weaponsystems. Thank you very much

I'm sorry if this was asked before, but please let us resize the displays of the left/right panel in the layout editor. (I did it with the GPS display before the update, but now it's considered a panel and cannot be resized sadly)

If I wanted to add an RWR sensor to a AH-9 Pawnee for a mission, can I do that via a script in the init attribute of the vehicle in 3den?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, goldenfiver said:

I'm sorry if this was asked before, but please let us resize the displays of the left/right panel in the layout editor. (I did it with the GPS display before the update, but now it's considered a panel and cannot be resized sadly)

As has been stated a few times, "We cannot do that", I've asked and got the same response I'm giving now. 

3 hours ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

As has been stated a few times, "We cannot do that", I've asked and got the same response I'm giving now. 

What would be awesome though is if they could give the GPS similar Zoom as in the Radar. :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, snoops_213 said:

You fucking beauty! How deep is this? Will this let us data link to arty units from say a scout vehicle?  Will you look at setting data link to radios for vehicles/infantry? This could add  an few extra game play elements to the game. And is there a way to set a physical presence for the data link hq, so if it was destroyed data linking would go offline or at least seriously limited to say line of sight to friendlies. 

Not as deep. But we still have ideas how to improve it so cooperation between units can be improved.

• Like 5