rsoftokz

SP-COOP Pilgrimage TANOA Edition

THAT is a very good question !!!!!!!       :whistle:

to say the truth, I have for now ...no fucking idea!.

to make the update, I dowloaded the Hotfix version from Rydygier and rewrite all my needed codes to make the tanoa edition modifications.

it is about a few hundreds of lines to write and compare and the first think I looked for it that "difference" that will helps me to figure out why the game crashed to death for a memory reason and where Ryd made the modification on the scripts.

I didn't find a single clue (and as I made it in a hurry, I have not much time to make a deep search.)
I haven't asked to Rydygier either...:icon_confused::icon_cool:

so ... hum.... I guess we 'll have to ask to him :tounge_o:

this is the limit of my knowledge for now....

3 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

What was the hotfix that was needed?

It was an adjustment to the precision of a command that finds the places for the boats. As a result, some of them may get destroyed or damaged when they spawn.

• Like 1

Yep, when current Arma version was in dev branch, Robalo found out, so Pilgrimage causes out of memory CTD there and even was so kind to point exact spot in the code, so I knew, what to do ahead. Whole hotfix change was a single number in a single line. In the last A3 update they had to change something, that made findBestPlaces commmand heavier for the memory, than before, thus OOM CTD appeared for previous, pretty high, search precision. 

• Like 1

yes I remember that post , on December 2nd 2016.....
but I didn't thought it was THE fix.....

BTW Tanoa Edition SP and MP should work (tested at home on two different PC configurations and no matter for now.)

Hello rsoftokzi can see there hasn't been a post in this thread for a while, so i don't know if this the best place to post comments/feedback. In any case, i really appreciate you creating a Tanoa version of pilgrimage. I've been playing this in MP with my bro and we've come across a strange bug whereby player number 2 (not the host) cannot open doors in military buildings. Even if i open the door first, it still shows as closed to him, and he can't open it. It makes playing the scenario a little bit of a struggle. 

It's actually been a while since we have played - because of the issue - but if i remember correctly this happens after a saved game. If i can get another game together to confirm, i will. Just something i thought i'd bring to your attention. No issue on Rydygier's original version. 

7 minutes ago, domithious said:

Hello rsoftokzi can see there hasn't been a post in this thread for a while, so i don't know if this the best place to post comments/feedback. In any case, i really appreciate you creating an Tanoa version of pilgrimage. I've playing this in MP with my bro and we've come across a strange bug whereby player number 2 (not the host) cannot open doors in military buildings. Even if i open the door first, it still shows as closed to him, and he can't open it. It makes playing the scenario a little bit of a struggle. 

It's actually been a while since we have played - because of the issue - but if i remember correctly this happens after a saved game. If i can get another game together to confirm, i will. Just something i thought i'd bring to your attention. No issue on Rydygier's original version. 

Try one of these.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Al4irMhnXznagQEgL28mHmm2NZ9M

I've tried the MP Tanoa version. It looks like there's a ghost Auto-rifleman :-) Only three player slots appear in the lobby (leader, engineer and medic), but on joining the game an auto-rifleman spawns, even if AI is disabled. I think the AI may also have Enable Damage turned off. I shot him load, but he wouldn't die. 

38 minutes ago, domithious said:

I've tried the MP Tanoa version. It looks like there's a ghost Auto-rifleman :-) Only three player slots appear in the lobby (leader, engineer and medic), but on joining the game an auto-rifleman spawns, even if AI is disabled. I think the AI may also have Enable Damage turned off. I shot him load, but he wouldn't die. 

Looky here >>

Me again :-) I've just tried playing 'Tanoa_195D2_SP.Tanoa' but it's not loading. I waited 5 minutes on the load screen; normally you get a green line going across the top, then a green line at the top of the small window, but that line didn't appear. I've played on Altis and Malden without issue. 

Not using any mods. Hopefully this hasn't been addressed in another thread :p

domithious

I tried it with and without using mods and it loaded fine for me. I uploaded the version I just tried so download it again and try.

1 hour ago, major-stiffy said:

domithious

I tried it with and without using mods and it loaded fine for me. I uploaded the version I just tried so download it again and try.

I just downloaded the 'Tanoa_195D2_SP.Tanoa' mission and had the same problem as domithious. My RPT shows the following error

22:46:14 Error in expression <leteWaypoint [(group player),0];
player setPos (_starting select 0);
RYD_JR_boat>
22:46:14   Error position: <setPos (_starting select 0);
RYD_JR_boat>
22:46:14   Error setpos: Type Number, expected Array
22:46:14 File missions\__cur_sp.tanoa\RYD_JR\JRInit.sqf, line 1579

Otherwise it seems like the error from the 1.94 version which hung at the same stage

That's interesting. Line 1579 is untouched code.

1578 deleteWaypoint [(group player),0];
1579 player setPos (_starting select 0);
1580 RYD_JR_boat setPos (_starting select 1);
1581 _wp = (group player) addWaypoint [(position player),0];

Notice how the "De" is missing from deleteWaypoint in your report.

I'll redo the entire map from scratch. Thanks for reporting.

Pvt. Partz just tried the same file and it worked for him so I suspect it might be on your end.

20 hours ago, alky_lee said:

22:46:14 Error in expression <leteWaypoint [(group player),0];
player setPos (_starting select 0);
RYD_JR_boat>
22:46:14   Error position: <setPos (_starting select 0);
RYD_JR_boat>
22:46:14   Error setpos: Type Number, expected Array
22:46:14 File missions\__cur_sp.tanoa\RYD_JR\JRInit.sqf, line 1579

Same error message for me, including the missing "de"...

4 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

Pvt. Partz just tried the same file and it worked for him so I suspect it might be on your end.

Do you have a link for the file that you are using, just to make sure that I have downloaded the correct file?

4 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

Tried it on a different PC. Still not loading the mission. I used ALT+F4 to close Arma and it saved the mission. When I restarted Arma and resumed, the mission loaded but JR_init hasn't run. Alex still has his normal weapon, backpack, etc. In this case, generally you find yourself on an empty map. Has the file that you uploaded become corrupted?

My 1.94 Hotfix version starts fine.

When Partz tested it he downloaded the same pbo from the same location you did.

When I get time this week I'll redo it from scratch. Also working on Lythium map with Partz. The Cambodia map is a really nice map. No military stuff found like on other maps. (guard towers, etc.). The map maker did a nice job.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Al4irMhnXznag3vohOLXlJQv4KQH

do you guy's use "Unknown"/ Random as start point cuz that gives me the same errors, you really need to have a East,West,North or South as starting point. Or it could be the way certain mods are starting for instance @CBA needs to be first before RHS etc. that also works out certain errors.

@major-stiffy  when i'm done editing the Tanoa version i'm creating would you mind checking it out? ( i think i'll be done in 5 days max. )

• Like 1

4 hours ago, STONEY-DSP said:

do you guy's use "Unknown"/ Random as start point cuz that gives me the same errors, you really need to have a East,West,North or South as starting point. Or it could be the way certain mods are starting for instance @CBA needs to be first before RHS etc. that also works out certain errors.

@major-stiffy  when i'm done editing the Tanoa version i'm creating would you mind checking it out? ( i think i'll be done in 5 days max. )

Stoney, you hit on it ! The random starts is scripted wrong. I will fix and upload shortly. Thanks!

I'll be glad to check it out. Hint as to what I might be checking?

• Like 1