rsoftokz

SP-COOP Pilgrimage TANOA Edition

CRWGSc.jpg

SP and MP Pilgrimage "Tanoa Edition" 

Welcome on this new thread about the "non official" Pilgrimage Tanoa Edition.

Pilgrimage

is a free roam, semi-randomized open whole map SP mission with optional plot to follow set on Altis , made by RYDYGIER, winner of the "Single Mission Arma 3 Contest 2015".

due to success of this mission and players requests, "official" ports to another Arma 3 maps have been made and Pilgrimage has been extended to a COOP version too.

Mods friendly built, it has been updated and upgraded to open the mission to a wide choice of  game level options and is very submersive to Arma 3 worlds.

some Arma 3 community fellows, like me, have made their own versions of Pilgrimage, with the respect of Rydygier's initial work and sight about the mission atmosphere

and offer thoses versions as "non official" ports as those have not been made by Rydygier itself.

PILGRIMAGE Tanoa Edition is the SP and COOP versions of Pilgrimage 1.94 Beta6 mission ported and optimized for Tanoa with several news options brang to the wide choice of options the mission already offers.

as this version is specific, in agreement with Rydygier on the initial Pilgrimage thread, I decided to open this thread to discuss about specific Tanoa Edition issues, updates and more.

this way, it avoids any "pollution" on the original Pilgrimage thread about issues or discussions for "non official ports" that Rydygier didn't made itself.

you'll find the original Changelog from Pilgrimage Thread, links to the latest versions of Pilgrimage Tanoa Edition:

Download from Google Drive

ltKc4O.png

SP and COOP for Arma 3 1.64 version    V1.22a updated 24 and 28 September 2016

SP and COOP for Arma 3 1.66 version   V1.22H  22 december 2016 for SP and COOP

both versions updated (some scripts errors on SP )

Download from Armaholic

RfNcSU.png

SP and COOP for Arma 3 

required Addons:

Arma 3 Apex

Tanoan Armed Forces mod.

Pilgrimage Tanoa Edition brings you on Pilgrimage mission into Tanoa map with specific Apex contents in priority.

Changes have been made to offer the choice of a full dark world ( war zone ) at night without any external lights (streetlights are down ) or standard night lightened world, Incognito status (including now directly in the mission build) gives you the opportunity to play incognito or not in some situations, helping you to be considered by enemies as a civilian as long you are not acting as a threat )

the main change is a special modification of the whole map, with the help of Xcam (not required to play ), to offer a better "militarization" of the Archipelado.
several new bases and a lot of jungle camps have been added on the islands.

most of those camps can be seen on the map (once you have one ) for "hard structures" only.

"soft" structures camps like tents are not shown

AIs behavior has been scripted to bring some occupation into a random quantity of thoses camps and bases so you might encouter heavy forces sometimes.

Changelog:

V1.22H  22/12/2016

- Hotfix version for Arma 3 V1.66: Game crashes to death for memory reason with 1.22a after Arma 3 update. 

- some scripting errors fix in SP (some missing commands due to hurry in the Hotfix build process )

- Inactive UGV should be fixed now in COOP version (untested)

V1.22a release 24/09/2016 (fix) 

-Fix Update for V1.22 to V1.22a

-scripting error fix for "addaction" menu in MP version

-"Attach Chemlight" functionality  added

player can now attach a chemlight to his shoulder (if at least one chemlight in inventory )

chemlight can be removed (then spent and lost as fired )

lifespan approx 900 seconds

chemlight automatically fixed to Vehicle when player gets in

chemlight automatically fixed to shoulder when player gets out

V1.22 release 23/09/2016

- New Options on Starting menu (SP and MP)

-Blackout option is now a specific choice in the menu (no more dependency with difficulty level)

default is ON, can be set to OFF

-Incognito Mod by Rydygier is now INCLUED into Pilgrimage as an option

(so @RYD_INCOGNITO is no longer needed if you want to play with Incognito functions)

also specific choice in the Start menu , default is ON, can be set to OFF

-MP version is now WIP5 standard with new BIS_Respawn menu

-still on test

(BIS debug for some errors in next 1.64 update)

- Tanoa Camps upgraded for a better gameplay

-Modmap now shows added military bases and camps on the default map.

main structures are visible on map,

some are not ( like tents, sand bag bunkers ect...)

-Reworked script for AI garrison spawn

random occupation of a percentage of those added camps by AIs (OPFOR and/or Bandits)

this adds AI units in the jungle randomly around and in camps locations

those occuped camps may appear now as "intel about enemy presence"

or specificaly as "there is a camp in this aera" with specific marker

when interrogating/asking/searching for intel with civilians/prisonners/intel holders

-Updated Pilgrimage Guide menu in Diary about all new specification in Tanoa Edition

- some corrections in scripts

V1.2 :  release 9/9/2016

- Improved and checked list of "holyplaces"; 

some were missing, now 40 places to search.

- Difficulty levels " Hard", "Very Hard", "Insane" will now put Tanoa Archipelado in full black-out at night.

all lights on the island (99%) are switched off.

Date setted for full moon night. for SP and MP versions

-"Holster weapon"  

now for SP and MP versions in default Pilgrimage menu.

- Intels upgraded

to point you to military camps

when interrogating civilians, prisonners, checking dead team leader or as reward after a succesfull kill mission. (with % of chance)

intels containers type modified to avoid invisible containers sunk in floor of buildings

- Upgraded Military camps

map modification, still WIP .

- AIbuddy is now always native from Tanoa,

with random Tanoan face and Name and Surname

(mostly Fijian typical names, some French or Dutch  too),

same as speaker into "French English" with 2/3 of chance

V1.1 :  release 26/8/2016

- Modded map after Tanoa has been invaded by Chinese CSAT troops:

this will add a few military bases, watch towers, jungle camps, military facilities... may help to play in Reaslistic

bases are not visible on the map, you'll need to explore the whole map to find all the places

- Original content adapted to Tanoa Apex assets:

all the new assets of Apex are scripted to be spawned in priority before previous Arma 3 assets.
some Apex uniforms and weapons added to "initial spawn list items".

- More than 35 random initial spawn points on the whole map

- player (in SP only) can holster his weapon:

can help in you use  INCOGNITO mod by Rydygier 

- Holyplaces to search in :

Churches in towns

Natives temples in villages

Mausoleums in cemeteries

- RHIB boat as default boat.

can be pushed if shored on the beach

- CSAT Chinese troops mainly, some CSAT Altis remaining...for OPFOR

- Bandits troops mainly, AAF remaining also for Independent

- Tanoan Armed Forces, FIA remaining too for BluFor

and more .......

better to play on Arma 3 as vanillia as possible, adding more mods will drastically slow the computer due to map modding with military bases and eventually crash the mission.

recommanded mods:

(missions tested with thoses following mods on two different PC, one I5-4690K with 16GO and GTX-960 and SSD , one with Intel Core 2 Duo with 8GO and  a GTX660 and HDD.)

Enhanced movement

Incognito  inclued directly in Pilgrimage Tanoa Edition since V 1.22, so no more required as a " @mod "

DES Elevator

and I use to play with PG services, EricJ weapons and all the Robert Hammer RH mods for weapons and TRYK for uniforms and vests...

known issues:

SP/MP:

-for some reasons in a few of Tanoa buildings, you cannot "read" the intel from a device

-Loot crates spawning on roof oF Patrol Military House of added military bases on the sea side.

MP:

- UGV seems to be inactive in V1.22a latest version. Work in Progress.
-respawn after autosave teleports player to initial spawn point with his boat. (save before leaving with both players in the same vehicle, best choice is to save in the boat)
-content cannot be sold after checking intel on dead bodies sometimes.
-AIBuddy player don't have access to the action menu on initial spawning (need respawn to activate the actions menu)

-AIBuddy can't sale a loot crate when main player have checked it before  (sometimes )

WORK in Progress.

enjoy!!

special Thanks to:

RYDYGIER for this wonderfull mission and permission to mod and port it : all credits to him

VAFANA who is the first to port the mission to Tanoa here and to clear the path ..... ;)

TIPS

- none of the Mausoleum nor Native temple have "marker" on the map like churches ( those on vanilla Arma map )

you should have "Piligrimage scripted markers" in low levels of difficulty (the dot with a cross on the top) and it seems those markers in low level of difficulty are not showing all the types of churches on Tanoa.

-this is a Mausoleum, located in cemetery (not all of the cemeteries but a few in Tanoa....cemeteries are easy to locate on a map close to towns)

UwWq4W.jpg

- this is a Native Temple, in almost all of the biggest native villages on the islands.

yEdlmG.jpg

MEDIAS

Kcbps0.jpg

OR4r5M.jpg

8DmzlP.jpg

• Like 5

December 22th 2016

ltKc4O.png

COOP version V.1.22H HOTFIX for Arma 3 1.66 just released.

this mission has not been tested further than starting and few minutes of game due to lack of time.

try and report any issue here

changelog:

- minor fixes in scripting on SP version

- fix for Game crash to death for memory reason after Arma 3 update  to 1.66 in COOP

- fix for inactive UGV on COOP version of Pilgrimage Tanoa edition V 1.22a (at least it should but untested this far on 22th december 2016 )

NOTE: The SP 1.22H as been updated too due to minor scripting errors. link above drives you to SP and COOP versions.

enjoy :exclamation:

• Like 1

Thanks for the port and update! Great work. Is it possible for you to create a COOP version without the pilgrimage logo/intro and for both players to load directly into the game? If there are message pop ups from mods on that intro screen, the game doesn't start and upon reloading the FPS tank completely for the entire duration of the game. It's been an issue with every Pilgrimage version since the Apex release.

@jingols

You can skip the logo by pressing the space bar. I've noticed long load times when

• you have 100% checkpoints
  • 100% AC
  • 100% hide outs
  • etc

Try backing off the amount of parameters including civ's and give it another try. The logo should not be impacting the load times.

Hi Guys.

the architecture of Pilgrimage is made that way you almost "need" to go through this Pilgrimage logo thing for a simple reason: the loading system and time of the mission.

some scripts begin before others for the "magic" to appear and, as the mission is random for a lot of parameters, you need time to load the mission, in SP and in COOP.

as Rydygier said several time, (almost) all is spawned, generated, placed in one time for all: at the begining of the mission  

and so, yes, it is logical the more you ask, the longer you need to wait for each thing to be set on for the scenario.

so NO the logo itself doesn't impact on load time, setting parameters does... and while all is spawning, you have the logo/image of Pilgrimage.

and most of all, this mission is a "port" so it means, for my own opinion, to respect the work of the original maker while I bring my ideas and modifications, so if Rydygier has made a logo, the logo will remain in all of my Pilgrimage versions.

I wish to all of you, Folks, a Merry Christmas.

Xo5Bcy.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Guys.

the architecture of Pilgrimage is made that way you almost "need" to go through this Pilgrimage logo thing for a simple reason: the loading system and time of the mission.

some scripts begin before others for the "magic" to appear and, as the mission is random for a lot of parameters, you need time to load the mission, in SP and in COOP.

as Rydygier said several time, (almost) all is spawned, generated, placed in one time for all: at the begining of the mission  

and so, yes, it is logical the more you ask, the longer you need to wait for each thing to be set on for the scenario.

so NO the logo itself doesn't impact on load time, setting parameters does... and while all is spawning, you have the logo/image of Pilgrimage.

and most of all, this mission is a "port" so it means, for my own opinion, to respect the work of the original maker while I bring my ideas and modifications, so if Rydygier has made a logo, the logo will remain in all of my Pilgrimage versions.

I wish to all of you, Folks, a Merry Christmas.

Thanks for the reply. I'll edit and adjust it myself.

in the folder RYD_JR, open JRInist.sqf with Notepad++ or any test editor.

find line 413 : 

titleRsc ["PIL_LOGO","BLACK FADED"];

and comment the line this way:

//titleRsc ["PIL_LOGO","BLACK FADED"];

the logo will no more appear.... that will have no impact at all on the charging time that will still be the same, depending on mission parameters.

Yep. That screen is merely a curtain. Under loading screen all the stuff, constant and set in the initial settings screen is calculated (classes, numbers, positions) and spawned in, and just after that some of that spawned stuff has to "settle down" under pending simulation. Logo curtain mercifully hides that short stage (initial lag, sometimes weapon switching for the player...), that's all, it does. 

If there are message pop ups from mods on that intro screen, the game doesn't start and upon reloading the FPS tank completely for the entire duration of the game. It's been an issue with every Pilgrimage version since the Apex release.

Config error pop ups breaking loading screen are issue from the Pilgrimage 1.00, not just since Apex. That's why you shouldn't use mods with faulty configs for Pilgrimage. Simple as that. Screen pop ups generated by these errors break/prematurely end loading screen (at least that I figured out in some tests), and that's the crucial problem. Under loading screen is done all the heavy calculations and placement, that has to be done once, at the init, and it takes much, much shorter under loading screen, where simulation is halted and all CPU normally required by simulation is given to these calculations. If loading screen is prematurely ended - all subsequent calculations and spawnings are done while simulation is pending, so it takes many times longer, thus "black screen/no sound" effect - curtain and silence is kept much longer, till the end, and all is very laggy. 

• Like 1

no church.......there is one church in Modergat at least......
and several "native" temples and Mausoleum in this aera ...

I'm afraid the "chapel" maker takes only one specific type of church as there are many on Tanoa.
I have to say I never play with those markers with the difficulty level I use to play so I never thought to check this out.....

I believe there are more Holy Places than what is marked on the map.

RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces =
    [
    [5829.2,10189.6,0], //Georgetown cathedrale
    [9584.38,13452.7,0], //La Rochelle
    [1756.25,12060.9,0], //Tuvanaka
    [5385.82,3957.28,0],// Katkoula East
    [5648.2,4144.61,0], // Katkoula West
    [9525.83,4000.77,0], //Moddergat
    [12786.7,7154.28,0], //Ouméré
    [1995.39,6509.73,0], //Laikoro N-East
    [5099.7,8529.14,0], //Regina
    [6458.68,12890.2,0], //Nicolet
    [7137.69,8051.57,0], //Lifou North
    [7392.66,7113.84,0], //Lifou South
    [8213.36,9766.81,0], //Tanouka
    [10161.5,5014.56,0], //Losi
    [10788,6296.97,0], //Kotomo
    [10912.6,9542.5,0], //Vagalala
    [12678.8,4794.81,0], //Doodstil
    [14440.9,8933.31,0],//Nandai
    [1493.69,2945.79,0], //Koumac
    [2606.48,7385.41,0], //Balavu
    [3211.97,3388.46,0], // Yannuka
    [1930.81,12379.3,0],  //Mausoleum
    [3097.78,3424.47,0],  //Mausoleum
    [5255.57,8588.11,0], //Mausoleum
    [5851.05,9807.76,0], //Mausoleum
    [5868.29,9871.53,0],  //Mausoleum
    [5928.95,9890.78,0],  //Mausoleum
    [7220.8,8128.28,0],  //Mausoleum
    [8752.46,9975.16,0],  //Mausoleum
    [9619.53,3975.68,0],  //Mausoleum
    [10192.6,13398.8,0],  //Mausoleum
    [12707.1,7136.61,0],  //Mausoleum
    [1728.45,6086.93,0], //Native temple
    [2652.91,9250.26,0], //Native temple
    [8258.3,11149.8,0], //Native temple
    [11148.7,14405.5,0], //Native temple
    [11364.3,12315.4,0], //Native temple
    [12328.9,1876.32,0], //Native temple
    [12385.6,4471.77,0], //Native temple
    [13239.6,2936.6,0] //Native temple
    ];

Here is pic showing the one's that are missing on the map. I guess I could fix it but you may want to do it since it's your version of the mod. Can get confusing for new players.

Missing_churches.jpg[/url]

All holy from Rydgier and churches on Tanoa have different classnames go check you get an other list

actually those markers are not activated by "classnames" of the chosen buildings as "holyplaces" .
there is a list of those places with coordinates as Major-Stiffy quoted.
thoses places are " RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces ".

the markers are called by those lines of codes

if (RYD_JR_Difficulty < 2) then
			{
			_alpha = 1;
			_color = "ColorBlack";
			_size = [0.85,0.85];
			_type = "loc_Chapel";			
			};

_i = "HolyMark_" + (str _x);
		_i = createMarker [_i,_x];
		_i setMarkerColor _color;
		_i setMarkerShape "ICON";
		_i setMarkerType _type;
		_i setMarkerSize _size;
		_i setMarkerAlpha _alpha;
		_assigned pushBack [_pos,_i];
		}	
	}
foreach RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces;

this means those marks are visible for the two first  levels of difficulty, after that they are not visible (levels 3,4 and 5 )

I've (quickly) checked and compared my lines of code with original Pilgrimage's code and all is similar, so for now I didn't figure out why only a few ones are visibles and others not...

I've not much time for now for a deep search but I will do asap.

a stringtable is something I can think about in further upgrade but I will not be able to do it alone....
My native language is french, I think my English is not too bad so I can figure it out with English... for German, Russian,Spanish, Italian, what ever language you think..... I can't do it myself as I really don't trust on online translators.

I will require time , lot of work and help to translate all, rewrite all....

It could be an upgrade I could share with original mission maker, Rydygier, but as far as I understand, Pilgrimage will not be updated that far (unless required by the game itself like it appears on arma 3 1.66 update) and Rydygier is working on an another project dedicated to Tanoa/Apex.

if anyone who speak those languages is ready to help, just translate all the "spoken" discussions and intels in the chosen language (english sentence first and translation below) and send it to me as a Private message or a shared file somewhere in txt format I can pick up.

all credits for this will be added in the mission credits.

• Like 1

English rich from. The German translation I can make gladly

Can you add This 

Thank you for the proposal. :rthumb:

I guess I will have to make a txt file with all the stuff that need to be translated and put it on my Google drive with a link sent to people who are willing to help.
I'll see if I can find some time do do it as soon as I can.

• Like 1

you can add VcomAI yourself in Arma 3 as a mod....

Pilgrimage is made to be "mod friendly" by Rydygier when he made it.....

adding VcomAI as a script in the mission is a "no go" for two reasons:

- 1/ anyone is free to play Arma 3 and pilgrimage with any mod he wants

- 2/ adding VcomAI as a SCRIPT in the "allready large" magical scripting of Pilgrimage might occure with a broken system.....

as far as I know, VcomAI works fine as a mod with Pilgrimage, what ever the Pilgrimage version is (official or third party ports )

Actually I find vcomAI slows menu actions like, selling, making box, debrief AI for intel. It slows actions IMO by about 5 seconds while playing Pilgrimage. I stopped using it, it became too annoying.

• Like 1

I just gave a try to VcomAI...
It dramaticly lowers all the Pilgrimage mechanism .
I had  serious lags as soon as the mission starts, all menus are slower...

so I have to agree with major-stiffy.

I was 100% loot (normal )

100% garrison with High ambiant combat, 75% of Check points, very hard level on Chernarus.
my Arma settings as usual, almost all settings on Ultra, I use to be 25 to 60 fps depending of location and action with Pilgrimage... I barely was 15 to 30 fps with VcomAI.....

so..... I deleted this.

Hello

besides the recommended addons, what's the difference between your Tanoa version and Vafana's one?

I tried your version but getting stuck when I load savegame. The game crash.

Scenario is starting, pilgrimage logo fade away  then I begin play few minutes.

I save.

I reload savegame and the game never load: Arma3 crash. :eh:

Original Pilgrimage and Vafana's Tanoa works fine. Play and load savegame I mean.

I thought maybe its a loop in some script or an addon weird behavior. :shrug:

Hello

the Tanoa Edition offers a few new settings compared to Vafana's version.
you can choose to play in total darkness at night (Black out mode) as you are in a war zone and most of time energies have been shutted down on those zone. Date setted to play with full moon otherwise so it is not "pitch black".

you can choose to play "Incognito", incorporated mode from Rydygier too, made to modify the ability of AIs to indentify you as a threat at 1000m far, in full darkness, with fog, while you are into a house and the AI shoot you to death with only one bullet.....

the places to search for your bro's body are only "religious places": churches, natives temples and mausoleum in a few cimeterries.

but the main difference is a scripted mod for the map to add a few military places : big bases, smaller bases on shore for boats, watch towers and small camps in the jungle and a chance for thoses places are full of enemies (while large jungle aeras are  garissons free in standard version ) .

about your crashing games, Tanoa Edition SP and MP have been updated (V1.22H) to fix for most of players the Crash game to death that comes with 1.66 update.
it is important your game and the missions are made one for each others.

I playe d now for a while with the V1.22H SP and experienced no such errors.

if you can provide a RPT file, I might try to find what the matter is with your game.